The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Robinson must go

+9
mckay1402
Imperialbigdave
Scot Abroad
gowales
english warrior
Shifty
KickAndChase
RuggerRadge2611
R!skysports
13 posters

Go down

Andy Robinson must go Empty Andy Robinson must go

Post by R!skysports Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:06 pm

Time.to get.rid.of him.

We have not go.e forward and everyone in the world knows parks is not good enough. He has destroyed any.chance of go foward.

He is.incompetent

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Andy Robinson must go Empty Re: Andy Robinson must go

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

Where the flip do I sign?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

I would +1 this but I used it up on the other thread with a +∞. If it's any consolation I was +∞'ing the identical sentiment.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

I agree, Robinson is an idiot, why pick Lee Jones with his magical feet, a guy who can single handedly dance his way around an entire International Ospreys team on the wing, with no space around him, if your going to pick a clown at 10 whos only plan is to kick the ball down the full backs throat?

Why do Denton and Gray hammer their bodies to get over the gain line only for quick ball to come back to Parks who has no idea what to do with it?

Robinson is picking the team, so only he can answer why he is making such a hash of Scotlands chances , season after season.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:27 pm

Unfortunately Robinson did the same with the England team after SCW left and turned a WC side in to a turgid, brittle, bunch of frightened schoolboys who seem to attack from great depth and therefore lose all element of surprise. I think that this style of looping backs from deep is part of his 'Conservative' nature and is done to aid defence, however, it irritates the life out of me, whichever is managed by him.

Scotland, as with England before them will never advance with this man at the Helm. Time to say goodbye to 'Robbo'.

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:28 pm

Face it. Even if you get rid of AR nothing is going to change. You can't coach players to take their chances and handle the ball.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:31 pm

The SRU demanded a win today. Will they have the guts to sack him? I hope so.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

gowales wrote:Face it. Even if you get rid of AR nothing is going to change. You can't coach players to take their chances and handle the ball.

But the players can take chances. They do it week in week out for their clubs, there is something seriously wrong with the coaching set up at international level, with both Robinson and Townsend (the only attack coach in the world who doesnt calue tries).
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:34 pm

Club rugby and international rugby are completely different. Perhaps some of these players just cant make the same impact.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:49 pm

After that game and watching the Italians today, I honestly won't be surprised if Scotland don't win a game this year.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

I actually expect Scotland to beat someone before they get to Italy. But by then Italy might have bested England or even Wales (although that's away)

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

Nonsense. Scotlands game plan was fine. England pressured Dan Parks and because he's so limited he had no plan b. Scotland still created plenty of chances and it's not Andy Robinsons fault the players couldn't finish their chances.

This has been Scotlands problem for too long and it is surely a mentality of not following up enough when there is a break.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:18 pm

You have to take into account the players Robinson has. They constantly knock on the ball in promising positions. People complain about Parks and want running rugby but its hard to do without the right players.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

To be fair, it's not Robinson's fault Rennie thought he had to be close enough to Foden to kiss him before passing the ball to one of the three (I think it was) support runners. Drawing the last man before passing the ball should be a fairly basic skill, and Rennie -who otherwise had a pretty good game- failed to do that, which isn't the coach's fault.

Picking Parks, of course, was. Both Weir and Laidlaw are IMO (as an English fan who's watched a fair bit of HC rugby this year) far superior players, baffled that Parks is still even in the squad...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:35 am

Sack the useless fecker and now ! tomato
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:39 am

I'm off to 'Blood and Mud' to really vent off, with big bad adult words, re Robinson Townsend and most of all toss8r Parks. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:49 am

I'm starting to think that he's actually still under our coaching staff as "Sabotage Coach" and Rob Andrew actually had a masterful 10 year plan that is now coming to fruition. Next up, Robinson plays Laidlaw and a load of Scotland A players against Wales and beats them, Shawn Edwards tells the Welsh that the best approach in defence to is spread really wide and leave a massive gap in the 10-12 channel, because Flood never runs it and Barritt doesn't attack that channel ever, and if Flood is attacking don't worry about the inside pop pass because Ashton never leaves his wing and Flood never EVER throws an inside pop pass. If only Ireland and France had English coaches onside...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down