The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

+15
newballs
Tenez
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
socal1976
banbrotam
sirfredperry
yloponom68
Henman Bill
noleisthebest
Josiah Maiestas
amritia3ee
paulcz
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? - Page 2 Empty Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by paulcz Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would appreciate the final between Novak and Roger,

semi - Roger x Tsonga (which is not probable to happen)
and - Novak x Monfils "

Two Frenchmen in semi would be nice for the audience Very Happy

That would be nice.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by amritia3ee Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:33 pm

prostaff85 wrote:Nadal, Federer and Murray have pretty much the same amount of points counting from Roland Garros '11 until now.
Erm
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 9:49 pm

Tenez wrote:No. I meant either Federer or Murray overtaking Nadal.

Oh!? Nadal has roughly a 2,500 lead on Federer and a 3,500 lead on Murray. You do know the clay season is coming up and for once Nadal could actually gain some points... Are you sure your not indulging in a little wishful thinking of the "close your eyes, spin round three times and wish really hard variety"?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by stratocumulus Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:48 pm

I would like to see nadal losing in the first round.

stratocumulus

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:32 am

stratocumulus wrote:I would like to see nadal losing in the first round.
Hug
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:17 am

amritia3ee wrote:
prostaff85 wrote:Nadal, Federer and Murray have pretty much the same amount of points counting from Roland Garros '11 until now.
Erm

Nadal: won the French, RU at Wimbledon, US Open and AO (5,600) + Davis Cup (320) + some smaller stuff
Federer: RU at the French, QF/SF/SF at the other three Slams (3,000), won the WTF, Paris, Basel (3,000) + some smaller stuff
Murray: 4x SF at the Slams (2,880), won Queens, Cincinnati, Bangkok, Tokyo, Shanghai and Brisbane (3,000) + some smaller stuff

So while Nadal has much better results at the Slams, he has hardly earned any points at the other tournaments.

Whoever earns the most points between now and RG'12 will be #2. There are still 4 hard court and 4 clay court tournaments:
Rotterdam (500), Dubai (500), Indian Wells (1,000), Miami (1,000)
Monte Carlo (1,000), Barcelona (500), Madrid (1,000) and Rome (1,000)

Nevertheless, Nadal still has the best chances I guess:
- majority of points to be earned on clay courts
- Nadal cannot run into Djokovic until the finals
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 07 Feb 2012, 9:16 am

I guess a break away from tradition would be a blessing if Nadal was not to make the final, though that being said 7 Roland Garros titles. Would be good to see another player making history and bare witness to it.

For me if Murray by some small miracle won the FO, I am not sure I would feel about that. Winning on your least favoured surface? 3 GS finals on the hard stuff and not a set to show and yet win on Clay? Would be bizzare.

A Federer v Djokovic affair. I think all the time Federer does not conquer Nadal on Clay, any FO title would be considered 'token' because he has never beaten Nadal at RG.

I would like to see a RG final where Nadal is pushed to 5 sets and him playing at his absolute peak.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

If Djoko gets there it is going to be a war legendkiller and it may be an even more brutal affair than OZ. I view this is Djokovic's last and final hurdle. Personally, I would like to see fed in the semi, and then Nadal go down in the final. That would be the second type Djoko pulls off the fedal double in a grandslam.

I think this is Nadal's gettysburg or hastings for you English types. It will definetly be a career defining clay court season culminating at RG.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

I don't think Djoko will get past Fed in the semis so I hope that he's not in the same half as Fed.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:I don't think Djoko will get past Fed in the semis so I hope that he's not in the same half as Fed.
Djokovic will have learnt not to go for winners too much this time, it is afterall the tonic to beating Fed.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

Was he trying to go for too many winners last FO?

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

Yes somehow he believed at that time trying to be creative and going for lines will drop the Fed. It was a tactical mistake of course which he has obviously corrected since.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue 07 Feb 2012, 1:30 pm

Well I don't believe he has the measure of Fed in slam matches and they could really go either way. I'm not convinced he'd have got past Fed had they met in the semis of the AO just gone.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2