The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

+15
newballs
Tenez
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
socal1976
banbrotam
sirfredperry
yloponom68
Henman Bill
noleisthebest
Josiah Maiestas
amritia3ee
paulcz
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? Empty Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by paulcz Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

I would appreciate the final between Novak and Roger,

semi - Roger x Tsonga (which is not probable to happen)
and - Novak x Monfils "

Two Frenchmen in semi would be nice for the audience Very Happy

That would be nice.

paulcz

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? Empty Re: Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by amritia3ee Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

Ljubicic vs Nadal
Gonzalez vs Baghdatis

That would be nice.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi? Empty Re: Who would you like to see in FO final? possibly in semi?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:41 pm

Federer/Dolgopolov

Djokovic/Tsonga
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

Nadal Soderling
Djokovic Fognini
Murray Monfils
Dolgopolov DelPotro
Federer The Crowd

Final: Nole vs The Crowd

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:28 pm

Nole vs > 10,000 people on the other side of the net. Excellent. Only way to stop him.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by yloponom68 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

Paris is a long way away at this point, but going on "annual" and current form, it would seem that:

Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are fairly safe bets. The 4th semi is perhaps the hardest to pick, and without a draw, just a "pipe dream," or stab in the dark.

Nadal has proven his clay court pedigree, as has Federer, who one would imagine garnering a couple more French Opens, had Nadal not been the maestro on clay that he is. At this point, his numbers outweigh Borg's, with only the 6 French Opens each, at the "even" point. For most, he's already there, but another French Open title would give him unassailable rights to the CC GOAT title.

Murray did fantastically to make semis last year and it's not out of his reach to do so again, but it's the harder "ask" I feel.

Whether Federer and Nadal DO make it to the semis will depend on things like draw, weather, and fitness levels - the run of tournaments before hard, and what finals, latter stage matches in which they might be involved.

Don't see more than one interloper in the last four though, ultimately draw determines who does or doesn't have Federer, Nadal and Djokovic; Murray's "semi" path will be the biggest opportunity for most.

Still have a few "biggies" to get through first, Miami, IW - both Djokovic and Nadal have a "big" 2011 to follow up on, this season.

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 04 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

There's always 1 of the top 4 who will surely fall before the semi's in Paris, it is a given. For most players, it is a relief playing on clay cause the HC takes up much of the calendar.

Never thought i'd say it, but i'm actually looking forward to RG more than I am any other slam. Laugh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sat 04 Feb 2012, 6:42 pm

I think even Fed fans would not mind TOO MUCH if we get a Nole-Rafa final at RG, if only to prove a point or two. The fact that Fed - probably past his best now - could give Rafa such a good match last year gives everyone hope. But I can't see anyone other than Djoko stopping Rafa at the French, and I would not bet against Rafa at the RG.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

Far too early to tell. There's no reason not to rank Murray as he'll break the opponents serve at will on an even slower surface

If he can improve his serving and his forehand, both of which are better now than they were at RG, who knows

The Top 2 are easily the favourites - but I no longer think there is a case for Fed to be put in with them. After all his Slam record in the past couple of years is barely better than Murray's and getting worse (by his high standards)

Don't see anyone else coming through, it's a very mentally tough major - which rules out the rest, simply because in this aspect they are not in the same league as the fab four

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:05 am

I'd like to see Nadal v. Sod in one semi, and Fed v. Djoko in the other. I would like for Djoko to get some payback for the finger wag and the fogninni assisted grandslam robbing victory of last year. (That was redmeat for u guys BB and Tenez have fun). For me I always enjoy Fed v. Djoko matches more than any other matches because you can tell both guys and their camps flat out don't like each other. Plus it does provide some variety in the styles.

Same goes for Sod and Nadal. Sod is the one guy that has the power to hit through Nadal even on a slow court if he is really feeling it. And in the past he has had his history of nastiness directed at Nadal and I don't think Rafa has forgiven or forgotten that or his 08 FO defeat. Albeit he was pretty banged up physically and mentally at the time.

I think these two semis would provide the most interesting viewing and I love a little animosity in a tennis match.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:46 am

banbrotam wrote:Far too early to tell. There's no reason not to rank Murray as he'll break the opponents serve at will on an even slower surface

What is this opinion based on other than fantasy of a fan? If clay favors Murray's game so much why hasn't he made single clay tournament final even of ATP250 level till now ( surprised by this stats.. eh??? ) . In his early days he used to say clay as his best surface, yet his performances proved otherwise. Maybe it was just his likeness for the surface given that he had his early training on clay. Last 2 years Murray made the semis of RG. Looks good if you are only looking at the end result. In 2010 Murray could have lost in 1st round to Gasquest ( Murray's superior stamina outlasted Gasquest ). In 2011 Muray could have very easily lost to Troicki in R16. Again his stamina coming for his rescue and poor Troicki's nerves are never easy on the guy. Just because he scratched his way with some good fortune to the semis doesn't mean his chances get any better by virtue of the end result on paper. Scratching out a win doesn't indicate any improvement in performance or level of play. It may improve on-paper results, but I guess thats what you look for.

banbrotam wrote: The Top 2 are easily the favourites - but I no longer think there is a case for Fed to be put in with them. After all his Slam record in the past couple of years is barely better than Murray's and getting worse (by his high standards)

I feel you keep looking for ways to brighten and make it look better for Andy Murray and his Slam performances. Trying to look things from a "different" angle so that Murray may start to look better. Don't know who exactly are your targets who will buy this. Well I know one atleast, CC. Very Happy
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:23 am

rotla, I'd hazard a bet that banbrotam is closer to being correct about Murray's final achievement then you though. banbrotam forecasts perhaps a semi-final spot so what is your forecast? Come on don't be shy, I'd like to hear your prediction now so you can display your 'wealth' (titter titter) of tennis knowledge. And obviously it is not too great if you believe Murray only beat Troicki by outlasting him as he twisted his ankle in that match, needed it strapped and a MTO and still came through. Keep clutching at those straws eh but the rate you do it they will soon run out.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:35 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray had his best clay court season to date this year. I think this season the clay court tourney's are probably going to be more hotly contested than they have ever been before.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:48 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:rotla, I'd hazard a bet that banbrotam is closer to being correct about Murray's final achievement then you though. banbrotam forecasts perhaps a semi-final spot so what is your forecast? Come on don't be shy, I'd like to hear your prediction now so you can display your 'wealth' (titter titter) of tennis knowledge. And obviously it is not too great if you believe Murray only beat Troicki by outlasting him as he twisted his ankle in that match, needed it strapped and a MTO and still came through. Keep clutching at those straws eh but the rate you do it they will soon run out.

Murrays injury problems are indeed a worry. Hardly a match goes by without him having problems. He played through this years Australian Open with "multiple injuries" and was quoted as being "gutted" at having to withdraw from next weeks Davis Cup because the multiple injuries had not healed. Even before this years AO it looked likely that he would have to retire from the Brisbane tourament after playing less than a set because of an injury. Also at the WTF's (the last tournament of 2011) Murray withdrew after losing to Ferrer with another injury.

Of course injuries can be an excuse for a sub par performance but they hardly bode well for his future fitness. Especially on slow clay.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:51 am

Murray certainly didn't have a 'sub par performance' in the AO. His semi final match with Nole was one of the best performances I have seen from him. One can only assume that if he plays like that again then a slam will come.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

Y I Man

But he played that match with Djokovic with multiple injuries! Do you think he would have won if he had not been so badly injured?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:46 am

He may have done, but I would not say he was 'badly injured.' I dont know the extent of the injuries he had (not read about it) but from his performance I would not say the injuries hampered him too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:03 am

Exactly Y I Man. I merely think it is a hint at why has he withdrawn from the Davis Cup. Why bother playing in a tournament (the Davis Cup) with a niggle (small injury nothing major) and risk aggravating it and ruling him out in a season containing slams and The Olympics.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:16 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:rotla, I'd hazard a bet that banbrotam is closer to being correct about Murray's final achievement then you though. banbrotam forecasts perhaps a semi-final spot so what is your forecast? Come on don't be shy, I'd like to hear your prediction now so you can display your 'wealth' (titter titter) of tennis knowledge. And obviously it is not too great if you believe Murray only beat Troicki by outlasting him as he twisted his ankle in that match, needed it strapped and a MTO and still came through. Keep clutching at those straws eh but the rate you do it they will soon run out.

I asked banbro what is the basis of his opinion. Since you are supporting his view, I believe you too share a similar view. So the question is to you now, what is the basis of having this opinion that Murray will be able to break serve at will this coming clay season. I gave my reasons of why I don't agree with banbro. Can you answer it?

Twisting ankle, MTO.. haven't we seen players twisting ankles and winning still in the long run ( Clijsters did against Li Na AO 2012 ). Haven't we seen player taking an MTO and the come out running like not a trace of injury affecting them ? Is it true that every time a player takes MTO he is at some disadvantage in the game??

About prediction. Why you (and banbro ) only predict a semis for him this RG? Do you think Murray can't do any better. I think you believed in his words of closing on the gap to the top-3 or even rank 1. SO why only a semis? In the current "era", predicting the 4 semi-finalists is the easiest thing to do. In my all tennis watching life, I couldn't do this ever with more accuracy ( Get some era theory out maybe ). But I can predict one thing for sure. Murray's game will about be where is was last year. Some scratchy skin-of-the-teeth wins, some losses to players which one wouldn't expect from #4 ranked player, some outplaying Murray completely, and the one-sided semi-finals in favor of opponent (unless Murray draw opens up like it did this AO where he really walked through injured/out of any steam opponents till the semis), A masters maybe. The thing is this has been Murray's performances almost every year since he got to #4 and hence I can base my opinion on it ( past years ) . Even when I started posting on 606, I always said that a player of Murray's limited ability ( why else would he be a counter-puncher-pusher type of a player. There was no choice. ) can only go this far. He may like to think and openly say he is getting closer, but I doubt he believes it. Else why announce these things to media. One doesn't have to shout his own beliefs. If he can't take the chance in that poorly played match against Djo this AO semis, I doubt he can do it himself based on performance ( of course if luck is on his side, it can be otherwise too ).

Every time player tried to close on the gap and fails to do it, the gap actually widens from what it was the last time and it becomes more and more difficult to close it out. The closer to the line one is, and if fails, the distance and the gap increases. You want some examples?? I can bring out those, but I think you already know some yourself.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

Y I Man wrote:Murray certainly didn't have a 'sub par performance' in the AO. His semi final match with Nole was one of the best performances I have seen from him. One can only assume that if he plays like that again then a slam will come.

Based on what Y I? If that play of Murray didn't win him that semis, how can you say a slam will come if he plays like that. I can understand if the match was very high quality match and Murray actually brought his top level to match Djo's top level of play and he unfortunately lost. If Djo played poor and thats why the match was close, then how does one assume that a slam will come. In that case one needs to assume that Djo will also keep playing poor like he did in that semis match. Now do you also what to make that assumption?? Of course if all players play poor, then a slam will come even for Gulbis ( I'm a Gulbis fan btw). Do you want to make that outrageous out-of-the-world assumption?? Of course not. Thats why the result of one match that too Andy lost, doesn't prove anything.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:24 pm

Check tennis sites stats on players and it may very well shock you rotla that Andy Murray is up amongst the very top breakers of serve which does support banbrotam's view. As banbro's view was predicting a semi-final spot for Murray why are you so aggrieved at that? After all Andy Murray has reached the last five slam semis so, in fact, it could be deemed a bit of a surprise now should he not make the semis. Pretty decent for a player you consider to be so limited - which others far more qualified to judge would completely ridicule your comments.

The thing that doesn't seem to seep into that brain of yours is where am I proclaiming Murray will win a slam? I've never said it and am merely enjoying watching Andy attempting to do what no British man has done for seventy odd years. If you feel a player is limited in talent that has multiple slam final appearances, multiple slam semi appeaances, multiple Masters Cup wins (amongst the top ten of most successful players of all-time) and having won 20+ ATP titles then you really have problems giving credit where it is due and therefore your opinion counts for very little.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:22 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Check tennis sites stats on players and it may very well shock you rotla that Andy Murray is up amongst the very top breakers of serve which does support banbrotam's view. As banbro's view was predicting a semi-final spot for Murray why are you so aggrieved at that? After all Andy Murray has reached the last five slam semis so, in fact, it could be deemed a bit of a surprise now should he not make the semis. Pretty decent for a player you consider to be so limited - which others far more qualified to judge would completely ridicule your comments.

The thing that doesn't seem to seep into that brain of yours is where am I proclaiming Murray will win a slam? I've never said it and am merely enjoying watching Andy attempting to do what no British man has done for seventy odd years. If you feel a player is limited in talent that has multiple slam final appearances, multiple slam semi appeaances, multiple Masters Cup wins (amongst the top ten of most successful players of all-time) and having won 20+ ATP titles then you really have problems giving credit where it is due and therefore your opinion counts for very little.

Good CC ( and banbro too). Just remember what banbro said and remember that you agreed to it. I'll bring it up after the clay season.

"There's no reason not to rank Murray as he'll break the opponents serve at will on an even slower surface".

How did it seep into your brain that I said that you said anything about Murray winning a slam. You didn't, at least not on this post. If you enjoy Murray's game. think he has great tennis talent then its good for you. I will keep my opinion about him being a player with limited skills as I haven't seen any reason to change it. I don't base my opinion on what others ( tennis pros, former pros, pundits whoever ) say or think. You keep giving him credit for trying to be the British player to win a slam in 70 years, I don't have to. Gulbis is also trying to be the first Latvian to win a GS, that no other Latvian in a 2000 years has ever done. I didn't see you keep giving him any credit for his efforts (certainly not as much as you do for Murray). You keep giving him great credit for winning 20 ATP titles, I don't have to. You don't give credit where its due, Gulbis for his 2 ATP titles.

I don't feel the need to keep praising Murray. I know his game, his limits. I give him credit for making the most of his limited talent, but thats as far as I can see him go. You may like to see otherwise, it won't change my opinion.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:25 pm

Do you believe Gulbis is more talented than Murray.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Check tennis sites stats on players and it may very well shock you rotla that Andy Murray is up amongst the very top breakers of serve which does support banbrotam's view. As banbro's view was predicting a semi-final spot for Murray why are you so aggrieved at that? After all Andy Murray has reached the last five slam semis so, in fact, it could be deemed a bit of a surprise now should he not make the semis. Pretty decent for a player you consider to be so limited - which others far more qualified to judge would completely ridicule your comments.

Good CC ( and banbro too). Just remember what banbro said and remember that you agreed to it. I'll bring it up after the clay season.

"There's no reason not to rank Murray as he'll break the opponents serve at will on an even slower surface".

How did it seep into your brain that I said that you said anything about Murray winning a slam. You didn't, at least not on this post. If you enjoy Murray's game. think he has great tennis talent then its good for you. I will keep my opinion about him being a player with limited skills as I haven't seen any reason to change it. I don't base my opinion on what others ( tennis pros, former pros, pundits whoever ) say or think. You keep giving him credit for trying to be the British player to win a slam in 70 years, I don't have to. Gulbis is also trying to be the first Latvian to win a GS, that no other Latvian in a 2000 years has ever done. I didn't see you keep giving him any credit for his efforts (certainly not as much as you do for Murray). You keep giving him great credit for winning 20 ATP titles, I don't have to. You don't give credit where its due, Gulbis for his 2 ATP titles.

I don't feel the need to keep praising Murray. I know his game, his limits. I give him credit for making the most of his limited talent, but thats as far as I can see him go. You may like to see otherwise, it won't change my opinion.

Get it right rotla I have never said on ANY post here or on the BBC 606 forums that Murray will win a slam. Yes I enjoy Murray's game thank you very much and I (like many tennis pros current and past) think he has great talent. I have no doubt you will hang on to your opinion but the sad thing is you are so close-minded that regardless of what he achieves in his career it will not change your mind which is quite a pathetic attitude to have. I keep mentioning his bids to be first British man for 70 years I wouldn't say it was crediting him rather just stating a historical fact and am enjoying watching him try. As for Gulbis I have said nothing for or against him whereas you post nothing but anti-Murray posts - the difference between you and I you see. I don't post negativity against players - I do it against posters yes but not players.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

CC clap Good post.
As a Nadal fan I appreciate Murray is a very talented player and could win slams in the future.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:50 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Get it right rotla I have never said on ANY post here or on the BBC 606 forums that Murray will win a slam. Yes I enjoy Murray's game thank you very much and I (like many tennis pros current and past) think he has great talent. I have no doubt you will hang on to your opinion but the sad thing is you are so close-minded that regardless of what he achieves in his career it will not change your mind which is quite a pathetic attitude to have. I keep mentioning his bids to be first British man for 70 years I wouldn't say it was crediting him rather just stating a historical fact and am enjoying watching him try. As for Gulbis I have said nothing for or against him whereas you post nothing but anti-Murray posts - the difference between you and I you see. I don't post negativity against players - I do it against posters yes but not players.

Why do keep posting the same "many tennis pros, current and past, tennis pundits " etc all the time. Why do you need to their support to believe in Murray, his talent, or his ability to win majors. Do I take support of who all pros, and pundits said Murray hasn't got it in him? Nope, never. I don't need to cling on to things to support my points. Anti-Murray posts??? What is the definition for an Anti-murray post. ANy post that doesn't seem like poems praising how good is Murray is an anti-murray post. If I see negativity in Murray's game, I'll tell it. At least its only related to Murray's game. I unlike you don't use terms like "pathetic attitude" and "close-minded". If anyone appears to be close minded its you. You are ready to attack me just because I don't share the opinion with you about Murray's game and limits. I gave reasons why I have such and opinion, yet you are calling me anti-murray and with "pathetic attitude". Look at yourself now.

You have revealed your motive clearly when you said "I do it against posters yes but not players. Now look who has pathetic attitude.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:55 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Do you believe Gulbis is more talented than Murray.

Yes I do. Gulbis showed great promise as a young player in 2007-2008. I do think he is extremely talented as a player. But talent without application and a level-head is a waste. Unfortunately this is the case with Gulbis.
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

Quarter Finals

Del Potro - Murray
Nadal - Soderling
Federer - Berdych
Djokovic - Tsonga

Semi Finals

Nadal - Del Potro
Federer - Djokovic

Federer - Del Potro finals

Del Potro the title

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:03 pm

As long as Federer and Nadal are in inopposite sides of the draw at the FO I will be happy to leave the rest to fate and talent.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:07 pm

hawkeye wrote:As long as Federer and Nadal are in inopposite sides of the draw at the FO I will be happy to leave the rest to fate and talent.

Why's that?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:11 pm

I'm hoping for a Nadal Federer final. These two players should never meet in a semi.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

hawkeye wrote:I'm hoping for a Nadal Federer final. These two players should never meet in a semi.
Haven't you had enough of those? Wouldn't it be lovely to see Nole in the FO final for a change Smile ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
hawkeye wrote:I'm hoping for a Nadal Federer final. These two players should never meet in a semi.
Haven't you had enough of those? Wouldn't it be lovely to see Nole in the FO final for a change Smile ?

No. I havn't had enough. IMO every time these two players meet its special. Some people are unable to appreciate what they have until its gone and are always hoping for the next best thing... Or as in your case they just like one particular player.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:23 pm

hawkeye wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

No. I havn't had enough. IMO every time these two players meet its special. Some people are unable to appreciate what they have until its gone and are always hoping for the next best thing... Or as in your case they just like one particular player.
That also means in a semi final Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:27 pm

Y I Man

Stop teasing! You know what I mean. When they play someone should get a trophy and no one should leave empty handed. It was so wrong after their amazing semi at the AO that poor Roger just threw a few towels and left...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

hawkeye wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

What exactly do you find "special" in their matches. I find them pretty boring.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:33 pm

noleisthebest

I'm sure you do but then you do view tennis from your own particular vantage point.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

I want to see a Nadal v Djoko and Fed v Murray semi! Hopefully this will be possible soon.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Tenez wrote:I want to see a Nadal v Djoko and Fed v Murray semi! Hopefully this will be possible soon.

How soon do you reckon Wink ?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:02 pm

Don't worry the grandslam draw fixing committees know that fans want to see fedal finals that is why the continually for six straight slams put Roger in Novak's half. When it started to finally look like Novak wasn't a relatively soft touch for Roger, all of sudden at the AO they decided they would settle for Roger and Rafa in a semi. I wouldn't be surprised if all of sudden we see Roger and Rafa in the same half a great deal, because I think the draw rigging comittees have finally come to the conclusion that they don't have as credible a chance for a Nadal-fed final anymore. But your initial desire was exactly why Novak and Roger were in the same half for 6 straight slams. Now that Roger is no longer as viable and Murray looks rejuvenated lets not be surprised if Novak gets the tougher draw of having murray in his half every time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:23 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:I want to see a Nadal v Djoko and Fed v Murray semi! Hopefully this will be possible soon.

Well I suppose it might be possible in time for RG. Djokovic has got so many points to defend... he could get overtaken by both Nadal AND Federer. It would be a little tough on Nadal getting Djokovic in the semi's as a "reward" for re-gaining the number 1 position but tennis can be tough sometimes... We shall just have to be patient and wait and see.

I would be quite happy with this...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:28 pm

socal1976 wrote:

Don't worry the grandslam draw fixing committees know that fans want to see fedal finals that is why the continually for six straight slams put Roger in Novak's half. When it started to finally look like Novak wasn't a relatively soft touch for Roger, all of sudden at the AO they decided they would settle for Roger and Rafa in a semi. I wouldn't be surprised if all of sudden we see Roger and Rafa in the same half a great deal, because I think the draw rigging comittees have finally come to the conclusion that they don't have as credible a chance for a Nadal-fed final anymore. But your initial desire was exactly why Novak and Roger were in the same half for 6 straight slams. Now that Roger is no longer as viable and Murray looks rejuvenated lets not be surprised if Novak gets the tougher draw of having murray in his half every time.

socal probably believes in all the conspiracy theories too like the faking of the moon landings and Elvis working in his local McDonalds.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:29 pm

socal1976 wrote:

Everyone "knows" that tennis fans want fedal finals... Of Course!

What are you talking about. Djokovic would rather play Murray than Federer?! Has legendkiller been threatening to slap you...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:35 pm

I don't know at this point Roger is riding off into the sunset and murray looks like the up and comer. Especially, in light of the tough semi they just played. I know it was an exhibition but last time Novak played Roger earlier this year 6-1, 6-2. If they want those fedal matches, which the draw rigging comittees want they are going to have to settle for Rafa and Roger in the same half. Now that circumstances have changed don't be surprised to see it happen more and more often.

Now I don't believe in too many if any conspiracy theories. Problem is that sometimes conspiracy are true. (see the Lincoln Assassination.)

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

After the clay TMS...if not after the FO....pretty sure!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

socal1976

I'm sure as a Djokovic fan you hope that Federer would just ride off into the sunset and that his biggest rival would be Murray. But I don't see it.

I didn't see the Djokovic Murray semi but from what I've read despite the close score it wasn't high quality from either player (apart from the end?). Not the sort of match to base future predictions on. Whereas Federer played well against Nadal as he does in most big matches. Federer's game matches up well against Djokovic even when Djokovic is playing at his very best. Its a shame we can't ask him but I'm pretty sure given the choice Djokovic would prefer to play Murray rather than Federer...

As for exhibitions they are just that. Especially where Federer is concerned.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:57 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

After the clay TMS...if not after the FO....pretty sure!

So you are sure that both Nadal and Federer will overtake Djokovic during the clay season? I hope so (not that I've got anything against Djokovic) but I'm certainly not sure.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:01 pm

No. I meant either Federer or Murray overtaking Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by prostaff85 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

Nadal, Federer and Murray have pretty much the same amount of points counting from Roland Garros '11 until now. This means whoever earns the most points (Rotterdam, Dubai, IW, Miami, Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome) will be #2 seed in Paris.
Djokovic would need to perform extremely poorly to lose his #1 ranking before the French Open.
prostaff85
prostaff85

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:39 pm

Yep - That's my point. Of ocurse Nadal has an advantage on clay but I am not sure he will want to kill himself on the courts this time again before FO and WImby.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next