The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jerseys

+6
thunder and lightning
CFCNick
Derbyblue
cherriesfna
skins4ever
Dominic Dicoco
10 posters

Go down

Jerseys Empty Jerseys

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:30 am

Parents are out in New York at the moment and all Jets jerseys are on sale, due to Nike taking over from reebok next season. Will Nike now be the supplier for all NFL apparell of all the teams or is it just jerseys? It just got me thinking how much that contract is worth. It must be crippling to Reebok losing out on it. How long will Nike have this for?

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Jerseys Empty Re: Jerseys

Post by skins4ever Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

I take it you mean they are being discounted? Over here on sale just means they are in the shops.

Shouldn't Jets jerseys be discounted anyway, given the amount of hot air that seems to come with them, not to mention the hot water they are getting into...

Not seen anything on contract length, but it will probably be something like a 5 year deal.

Buzz is that Nike offer more 'innovation' that Reebok, but some feel the technology improvements are outweighed by poor/garish design. I reckon some teams could do with a re-design. Whilst some moan, I like the Pats re-working (the old logo alone looked so dated), and the Buccs look so much better out of that horrible orange kit. I reckon the Browns, Colts etc. could do with a more modern jazzed up image?

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

apparently seattle are getting a major overhall
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

I think Nike are only doing some of the teams and I imagine they'll be doing all of their sideline stuff as well, not sure about contract length but I imagine unless all the teams want to change to one supplier that both Reebok and Nike will be supplying some of the teams with their kits. If I remember correctly Reebok have simply lost the NFL exclusivity deal, I'm surprised Reebok are still around in the NFL and they haven't just handed them all over to Adidas as they did with the NBA.

Skins - But the Browns are meant to be "jazzed up" we don't even have a real logo.

Does anyone know which teams are making the move over to Nike?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:20 pm

The league has announced that, as of April 2012, Nike will be the manufacturer of NFL uniforms.  Which means that Reebok is out.

More specifically, Nike will be the “official uniform provider and will produce all on-field apparel including game uniforms and base layer, as well as sideline personnel apparel and fan gear.”

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/reebok-out-nike-in-as-nfl-uniform-supplier/

All teams jerseys and apparel will be manufactured by Nike.

All I've heard on uniform changes is that Seattle are going to have similar jerseys to Buffalo and I know Denver are going back to wearing orange at home.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

My mistake I thought Reebok were still doing some of the teams, hopefully they don't mess around with the Browns Jersey too much.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:
The league has announced that, as of April 2012, Nike will be the manufacturer of NFL uniforms.  Which means that Reebok is out.

More specifically, Nike will be the “official uniform provider and will produce all on-field apparel including game uniforms and base layer, as well as sideline personnel apparel and fan gear.”

Source: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/12/reebok-out-nike-in-as-nfl-uniform-supplier/

All teams jerseys and apparel will be manufactured by Nike.

All I've heard on uniform changes is that Seattle are going to have similar jerseys to Buffalo and I know Denver are going back to wearing orange at home.

im guessing green instead of red
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 27 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

Cherriesfan

I've heard they're going to be the same as the Bills but Seattle will have blue and green jerseys with silver pants. Like the 1999 uniform
http://mickelyantz.com/HawksUnis.html

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Fri 27 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

skins4ever wrote:I take it you mean they are being discounted? Over here on sale just means they are in the shops.

Shouldn't Jets jerseys be discounted anyway, given the amount of hot air that seems to come with them, not to mention the hot water they are getting into...

Alright then, discounted.

All NFL jerseys would be discounted if that was the case.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:49 pm

skins4ever wrote: I reckon the Browns, Colts etc. could do with a more modern jazzed up image?

Read this line and it reminded me of this clip Very Happy Too Jazzy?

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

This thread got me thinking about two things:-

1) I wonder if teams/ owners have ever thought about getting their own shirt deals and having sponsors on their shirts football style.

2) If they did, which teams would be able to command the biggest deals?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:54 pm

NFL MIKE wrote:This thread got me thinking about two things:-

1) I wonder if teams/ owners have ever thought about getting their own shirt deals and having sponsors on their shirts football style.

2) If they did, which teams would be able to command the biggest deals?

1) I am surprised given the amount of advertising prevalent in the game that they haven't gone to shirt sponsers... glad they have not though!

2) Dallas!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

I think NFL rules currently don't allow sponsors on game-worn uniforms, I'm sure if they did then almost all NFL uniforms would have sponsors on them. As for Nike, they'll be taking over every team's uniforms and most memorabilia. For almost all teams the design won't change other than the fabric and fit, but Seattle will change as was said before and Denver will go back to Orange

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:39 am

The NFL doesn't allow sponsorship on jersey's because of the various advertising deals at league level. i.e. Fedex have a deal with them for the air/ground player of the week award, so if for example UPS wanted to do a deal with the Browns, there would be a clash.

The jersey deal is in effect Nike buying NFL advertising as well. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want anything cluttering out their logo on the shirt. Unlike many other sports, the numbering, lettering on football jerseys takes up a lot of available space, so space available for advertising is limited anyway.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:31 pm

[quote="MockingJay33"]
I know Denver are going back to wearing orange at home.

A pity if they do; they looked snazzy in those navy blues.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down