The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic?

+9
Positively 4th Street
Tenez
invisiblecoolers
bogbrush
break_in_the_fifth
newballs
laverfan
hawkeye
deeznu
13 posters

Go down

Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic? Empty Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic?

Post by deeznu Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

Enquiring minds want to know.

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic? Empty Re: Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic?

Post by hawkeye Wed 25 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

deeznu. I'm sorry but you are going to be very dissapointed...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic? Empty Re: Will Nadal pull a Borg after he loses the AO final to Djokovic?

Post by deeznu Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

hawkeye wrote:deeznu. I'm sorry but you are going to be very dissapointed...

I don't think so. Laugh

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

deeznu wrote:Enquiring minds want to know.

Nadal is still #2. Why would he walk away? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

deeznu dunno. You'll have to ask Rafa.

He doesn't look the sort who wants to walk away quite yet - although if he lost to Andy that might just tip him over the edge.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:13 pm

newballs wrote:deeznu dunno. You'll have to ask Rafa.

He doesn't look the sort who wants to walk away quite yet - although if he lost to Andy that might just tip him over the edge.

and put me in the lead in the 606v2 world tour Very Happy

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:28 pm

Nah, I se your point but he wouldn't chuck it in.

Nadal is more likely to go if the whole year follows the pattern of 2011
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:56 pm

newballs wrote:deeznu dunno. You'll have to ask Rafa.

Ha ha! That would be perfectly understandable.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

bogbrush wrote:Nah, I se your point but he wouldn't chuck it in.

Nadal is more likely to go if the whole year follows the pattern of 2011

No its actually Djokovic would quit of boredom.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:04 pm

I think the underlying fair point is that Nadal probably has more pressure on him than the other three.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:07 pm

bogbrush wrote:I think the underlying fair point is that Nadal probably has more pressure on him than the other three.

But his bandage around his knee takes a lot of the pressure off.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Positively 4th Street Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

Murray has the most pressure on him, no doubt. Next, Nadal, then Djokovic and Federer.

Positively 4th Street

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

Nadal is having reverse effect of a "Lendl", dominating in finals for first few years, then getting a beating in nearly every final in the 2nd half of career. But no, he won't quit no matter what happens in next 2 matches, he may do if he gets hammered in FO by the Djoker though. OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:00 pm

If Nadal ends up biting the trophy I bet the author of this article is the one who runs away. From this forum...

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:40 am

Borg only played the AO as a kid.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 5:53 am

I think in many ways Nadal does have the most pressure on him as someone says above. I think this year is the most critical season of his career. If 2012 is a repeat of 2011 I can't see nadal sticking it out for more abuse in the longterm.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu 26 Jan 2012, 7:59 am

Win or lose Nadal will not retire. Those days are over when you were just happy to retire thinking you had made enough money and silver. The money is too big even as a loser. They know the spotlight won't be there for ever and they need to make the most of it while they can.

They all know by now that as rich as you can be, money rarely lasts a lifetime, especially spending since those guys don't shop at Asda. They have heard about Borg, Lendl, having money issues after 10 or 20years despite having made a fortune too at the time. McEnroe, Wilander and all were multimillionaires but they had to have a job to keep it as long as possible.

No, Nadal won't retire unless his body gives in.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Thu 26 Jan 2012, 10:46 am

Novak's the one under pressure, he's expected to win every event he plays including the FO.

Personally I think Rafa likes being the underdog, he's always playing down his chances and saying Fed and Novak are better than him.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by deeznu Fri 27 Jan 2012, 3:40 pm

bump

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down