The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages

+2
Mickado
Don Alfonso
6 posters

Go down

Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages Empty Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages

Post by Don Alfonso Wed 25 Jan 2012, 12:26 am

... because we don't argue enough already.

Do any Leinster back-rowers deserve to feature? Which outside centre? Who partners POC - Ryan, Toner, Tuohy or McCarthy?

Include NIQ players or not.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages Empty Re: Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages

Post by Mickado Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:25 am

Healy - Best - Afoa
POC - Toner
Ferris - Coughlan - POM
Pienaar - Sexton
Trimble - McFadden - Cave - Fitzgerald
Kearney

Cronin - Court - Botha - Muller - Muldoon- Murray - ROG - Zebo

Last edited by Mickado on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages Empty Re: Irish Provincial Team of the HEC Group Stages

Post by MrsP Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:30 am

Apart from just saying,

Connacht!

I'd have Henry in there and Muller in the second row ahead of Toner even though he plays 4 (does it really matter in the second row?).

And we're short a prop on the bench, ?Court?

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:34 am

Oh yeah, my head is in international mode, forgot the extra prop.
Since we don’t need another TH and the Munster scrum just gave up 2 penalty tries Court is the only one left Wink

I’ve made another change based on your last post MrsP.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:57 am

Gee this is a hard one! I'll go for:

Healy- Cronin - Afoa
POC - Ryan
Ferris- Coughlan- Ronan
Pienaar - O'Gara
Mafi - Cave
Zebo - Kearney - Nacewa

Bench: Botha, Best, Muller, Henry, Boss , Madigan, Trimble

Honorable mentions to: Heaslip, Wannenburg, Sexton, P. Marshall, Tuohy, Muldoon, Toner, O'Brien, O'Mahoney, O'Malley, Murray, Griffin, O'Hallaran, P Wallace and Fitzgerald
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:02 am

I think Rodders has it spot on. It grieves me to praise Niall Ronan though. I'd probably have Fitzgerald over Nacewa.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:07 am

Stag I could have gone for any number of combinations...its a great place to be with so many players playing so well across the four provinces. Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:33 am

I quite like rodders team but my back row would be Ferris, Henry and POM. Could have included Heaslip goo but I think those three have been excellent.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Wed 25 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

I think I'd go with Trimble rather than Zebo, and probably Henry and POM in the back-row.

I am encouraged by the knd of "second tiers" of players performing - behind Ferris, O'Brien and Heaslip there's O'Mahony, Henry, Muldoon and Ronan; behind (for some reason) DOC and Ryan there's Tuohy, and Toner. Cave, Griffin, Gilroy, Madigan - it all looks pretty healthy.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down