The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro.

+10
legendkillar
consigliare
bogbrush
banbrotam
laverfan
Tenez
Jahu
LuvSports!
break_in_the_fifth
Simple_Analyst
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro. - Page 2 Empty Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro.

Post by Simple_Analyst Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

It was a long wait but with a QF at the AO, Del Potro has returned to the top 10, where he rightfully belongs. A great talent to have and when match fit, easily a top 5 player.

Today was not a great match for him. Too many errors and failing to take his chances. A more match fit Del Potro would have won rather comfortably but the future looks good. Del Potro 2009 USO was one of the greatest performances i have seen and we need that level back to make this Golden Era of tennis even more better.

Welcome back.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Tue 24 Jan 2012, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro.

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:11 am

True spuranik.

Crazy really, as what Fed said that day became orthodoxy within a year, but of course he couldnt have said it because it was true, could he?

Today Craig is celebrating that he won my running down Nishikoris stamina. Maybe bantroban should start on him!

Last edited by bogbrush on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome back to the top 10 Del Potro.

Post by spuranik Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:12 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:And what is it with Fed fans for being so avertly hostile to other posters who are not akin to kissing the backside of Federer? It definitely happens and is why this place is now predominantly a Federer fan's only club.

As for fatigue issues - in my opinion it never remotely played a part in that US Open Final. Federer is the GOAT but even GOAT's do get beaten and his levels dipped in that match partially due to the pressure applied by Del Potro who hung in there so well. Same goes for Murray and his losses in finals. And lets just leave it at that.

Are you serious... Watch that match again if you like. Federer couldn't get a serve in out-wide in the Ad court for last three sets... If that is not fatigue then what?

And you said his level dipped partially due to pressure applied by Del P... partially right? Then what was the other part you think?

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by spuranik Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:14 am

bogbrush wrote:True supra ok.

By the way, did you have a different name on 606 - since you know me from then by my old name?

I wasn't posting on 606 much.. but followed it for a long time... Since the beginning of 08... I remember a lot of debates between you, TheOpinion, Andy1073 and Cocteau, AIR etc... Very Happy

spuranik

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:22 am

bogbrush wrote:There's no surprise in finding a lot of tennis fans who admire Federer over others. It's because he plays breathtaking tennis, not because we chase others off forums.

Err no there are stacks of other tennis fans out there. Nadal fans now no longer here, Djokovic fans now down to a bare minimum if any here and Murray fans still here but dwindling. Ask yourself why that is? Fed fans seem happy as Larry with things purely because they rule the roost and round on other posters in packs if Federer is remotely questioned or criticised in the slightest. It really is a shame that those people can't just stick to the tennis instead of diversifying into other things. That is my final say on the matter.

TTFN
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:32 am

spuranik wrote:
bogbrush wrote:True supra ok.

By the way, did you have a different name on 606 - since you know me from then by my old name?

I wasn't posting on 606 much.. but followed it for a long time... Since the beginning of 08... I remember a lot of debates between you, TheOpinion, Andy1073 and Cocteau, AIR etc... Very Happy
Ahhh....... Classics!

Andy is a loss to this place, he really knew his stuff.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:50 am

Tenez - Ignoring the question as usual. I'm interested in knowing if fatigue is now a legitimate excuse for all players or just Federer. Please tell us!!

BB - Not certain I'm defending Murray as I actualy don't agree with using tiredness as an excuse!! I'm a little surprised you go along with the tired theory for the Fed 09 defeat and hence wonder if you think that is relevant for other players losses to Fed. But as usual you read my comments things that are not there

Spuranik - You really need to research more. There are numerous comments form me 'Fed free'. But as he's the world's most popular and best player - I might occasionally mention him, sorry about that!! However, I'm always respectful about Fed's play and he will always remain one of my favourite players of all time. Some people need to realise that you don't have to agree with everything about a person to respect and admire them. Some Fed fans also need to realise that their insular view of all things Fed, makes them look foolishly pompous when they give an excuse for a Fed defeat but won't use the same excuse if one of his rivals is defeated by them. After all it's a debate - but Tenez refuses to debate the point and as usual resorts to insults. How mature, eh?

Last edited by banbrotam on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:55 am

bogbrush wrote:True spuranik.

Crazy really, as what Fed said that day became orthodoxy within a year, but of course he couldnt have said it because it was true, could he?

Today Craig is celebrating that he won my running down Nishikoris stamina. Maybe bantroban should start on him!

There you go again!! A Murray win is a casual shrug of the shoulders - despite the fact he's breaking serve as easy as taking a breathe. But of course any Fed win, is a thing of beauty and to behold

Thank goodness you're not a commentator or summariser because you make Overend look well balanced when talking about Fed

It would be good if you and Tenez could actually bring yourself to praise the other three - even if it was just one every one hundred comments!!

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by consigliare Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:14 am

banbrotam wrote:

There you go again!! A Murray win is a casual shrug of the shoulders - despite the fact he's breaking serve as easy as taking a breathe.
Big deal, Vs who? Nobodies.

consigliare

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

consigliare wrote:
banbrotam wrote:

There you go again!! A Murray win is a casual shrug of the shoulders - despite the fact he's breaking serve as easy as taking a breathe.
Big deal, Vs who? Nobodies.

A nobody? A player who reached the SF of the last but one Masters? A player, who aged 22 will be the fastest riser of the last 6 months to enter the Top 20?

Only those who disrespect the great game of Tennis, could cite such a player as a 'nobody'

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

[quote="CaledonianCraig"][quote="Tenez"]
banbrotam wrote:

Hilarious. So you admit that Murray was at an enormous disadvantage for the final the previous year. I mean Feds's "disadvantage" is nothing compared to the Murray playing the semi's second over two days against Nadal, with Fed having around 28 hrs more resting time

BUt I am not talking about Murray here. DO you want to talk about the disadvantage of Lendl v McEnroe in USO 84? What's the point? Have you two read the thread? It's about Delpotro. You really should take your blinkers out.

But please allow me to make you feel happy(ier). Yes I admit, in all honesty and without a shadow of a regret, that Murray was at a disadvantage the previous year v Federer. I however disagree that his situation then was worse than Federer's final v Delpo. Very simply because Murray played the final on a monday and that his 4 setter v Nadal was sprayed over 2 days...giving him a bit more time to recover.

Butagain, that's not the point here as it is about Delpo here. A great player, a slam winner and someone who was able to turn a tough but advantageous situation to his advantage.

Last edited by Tenez on Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:43 am

I agree with banbro, at this level it is disrespectful to call any player a nobody, which is why I'm even more shocked when former slam champions are also over looked so nonchalantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2