The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Order - Del Potro is back

4 posters

Go down

New World Order - Del Potro is back Empty New World Order - Del Potro is back

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

Del Potro is back and back with Vengeance. Somehow the inspired GOAT keeps stopping him , but I see he is fully back to thrill the Tennis fans.

It was so much watching him belting ball after ball against Djoko to put him to submission. Del Boy's A game will beat Djoko's A game, but his B-game do lose to Djoko's B-game, and in most circumstances nobody plays the A-game all the time, what was special today is that Del Boy's B game beat Djoko's B game.
A guy who has a monstrous serve, even bigger Fore hand and one of cleanest Backhand with great mental strength and clearly a way better mover for his height cannot be seen as one-dimensional. Del Boy's net game has improved, his stamina has improved, his court coverage has improved, his all court game has improved, if he can play like this on his worst surface I see he can play a lot better on his favourite surface. First singles medal in tennis for Argentina in Olympics would spur him even bigger.

Watch out Top4 the Gentle Giant woke up and we gonna come harder and stronger.

So delighted to see DP with a medal, the second biggest win of his career.

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

I see Del Potro and Murray as the new World Order , may Roanic, Goffin and co join it sooner.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

New World Order - Del Potro is back Empty Re: New World Order - Del Potro is back

Post by Guest Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:48 pm

For the forseable future I see a four horse race, with DP just behind.

However, the USO courts suit a lot of players.

I think Federer, Murray, Del potro all play their best tennis at the faster HC's. For Novak I think it's pretty even between all the HC's.

Federer in my mind is the best fast HC player, even today. The even bounce on a HC allows him to be more aggressive and take the ball earlier. That's much harder to do on grass with the uneven bounce. I always felt that his best chance of another slam would be at the USO, so I was surprised to see him take the W title. Unfortunately, I think super saturday may play a big part in the outcome.

Back to top Go down

New World Order - Del Potro is back Empty Re: New World Order - Del Potro is back

Post by bogbrush Sun 05 Aug 2012, 5:56 pm

I would like to think Del Potro is back, the game needs more than it has now but I'll wait to see something consistent.

Beating Djokovic in a bo3 to see who comes third isn't really all that important.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:02 pm

It's a big win for him, but he probably gained a lot if belief from how close he pushed Roger whereas Novak was probably a bit dejected from his semi.

I'm not sure his A game beats any of the top 4 when they produce their A game to be honest. I always think they can out-manoeuvre him.

He does look to be moving slowly back close to his best, but I still see 5 in the world as the ceiling of his ambitions at the moment. That's how I see it anyway.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:13 pm

emancipator wrote:For the forseable future I see a four horse race, with DP just behind.

However, the USO courts suit a lot of players.

I think Federer, Murray, Del potro all play their best tennis at the faster HC's. For Novak I think it's pretty even between all the HC's.

Federer in my mind is the best fast HC player, even today. The even bounce on a HC allows him to be more aggressive and take the ball earlier. That's much harder to do on grass with the uneven bounce. I always felt that his best chance of another slam would be at the USO, so I was surprised to see him take the W title. Unfortunately, I think super saturday may play a big part in the outcome.

The tired body have to give up sometime , for me any win for Fed from here on should be considered as bonus, just because he is the GOAT we can't expect too much of him.

In 2009 when DP won USO people thought Torch was passed to the right person, but unfortunately injuries didn't allow DP to fulfill the promise people expected of him, its time DP full fill people's faith in him.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 6:21 pm

IC - the body does have to give up some time, but being as his recent achievements are Wimbledon champion, Olympic runner up and new world number 1 I would suggest that it is still a while away.

I said the other day, Federer plays a less attritional game than the other 3. His economy of movement and smooth footwork means less toll on the body. I think he will be challenging for titles for a while yet.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:02 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:IC - the body does have to give up some time, but being as his recent achievements are Wimbledon champion, Olympic runner up and new world number 1 I would suggest that it is still a while away.

I said the other day, Federer plays a less attritional game than the other 3. His economy of movement and smooth footwork means less toll on the body. I think he will be challenging for titles for a while yet.

Danny I would be more than happy if he wins any more, but the game has become more physical and some point his body have to give, by talent wise he can even FO next year if everything fall his way. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 05 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

Good on Del Potro I underestimated his progression on grass for sure. He is always the guy in the following pack that everyone is waiting to really make it a big 5. For Novak he just has had a poor spring and summer after a good start to the season. I am confident with more favorable conditions and a bit of work he will have a solid summer hardcourt and fall indoor season. Congratulatins to Del Po and his fans he really deserved it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:03 pm

socal1976 wrote:Good on Del Potro I underestimated his progression on grass for sure. He is always the guy in the following pack that everyone is waiting to really make it a big 5. For Novak he just has had a poor spring and summer after a good start to the season. I am confident with more favorable conditions and a bit of work he will have a solid summer hardcourt and fall indoor season. Congratulatins to Del Po and his fans he really deserved it.

Thanks Socal, but DP was humbled by who a 200 yr old Stud, I am worried about his energy level again.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down