The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Welsh fighters

+4
D4thincarnation
Rowley
Scottrf
azania
8 posters

Go down

Great Welsh fighters Empty Great Welsh fighters

Post by azania Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:38 pm

Whistle Erm Erm

Calzaghe

Erm Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Great Welsh fighters Empty Re: Great Welsh fighters

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

boxing Wilde, Winstone, Welsh, Driscoll? *cough*

Last edited by Scottrf on Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : retardation)

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

Showing your ignorance there Az, for a small nation Wales has produced

Calzaghe
Wilde
Driscoll
Welsh
Winstone

and that is off the top of my head. As four of them are nailed on for a British top ten and Winstone has appeared in some peoples lists that ain't too shabby by half

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

rowley wrote:Showing your ignorance there Az, for a small nation Wales has produced

Calzaghe
Wilde
Driscoll
Welsh
Winstone

and that is off the top of my head. As four of them are nailed on for a British top ten and Winstone has appeared in some peoples lists that ain't too shabby by half

I'm glad you think this is the only thread where I've shown my ignorance thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:42 pm

Ha ha, if it helps you sleep at night to believe that who am I to disabuse you of that theory

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:43 pm

Doh, forget the Scottish boxer I included, substitute Winstone or Welsh.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:48 pm

Wilde then Calzaghe.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

Your lucky Steffan is not on here Scott. That would have set him off on two hours of why the English treat all other British nationalities as second class citizens and so on and so on and culminate in him explaining why being Welsh subjects you to the kind of discrimination only the slaves 100+ years ago could ever hope to understand, you do need to be more careful mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

rowley wrote:Ha ha, if it helps you sleep at night to believe that who am I to disabuse you of that theory

Hmmm. How come fans of old timer boxers have the best and suptle put downs?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

enzo............ great fighter- not the greatest but fantasitc attitute towards fights and training

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:39 pm

Craig Bellamy?

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

Scottish - bravehearts that fight to the end

England - Swines but achievers.

Irish - Proud and plucky

Welsh - rabbit

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:42 pm

Charlotte Church?

You said fighters so I thought slappers might be included as well

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 5:46 pm

Already got a slapper in Calzaghe....

I like Charlotte I'd love a grapple..Cute and can sing what kmore can a guy want.

Guess she doesn't drink pints though huh??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 7:22 pm

on a serious note tho The Matchstick Man Johnny Owen was destined for great things imo was tragic what hapened to him against lupor i think it was?
turns out he had an abnormaly thin skull but that boy was painfully shy out of the ring and a true warrior in it.
u asked for a great welsh boxer and after the obvious then i give u the merther matchstick man
rip johnny a true gent and credit to the sport of boxing

Last edited by Y I Man on Thu 17 Mar 2011, 7:50 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adult content)

gab

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 7:27 pm

gab wrote:
on a serious note tho The Matchstick Man Johnny Owen was destined for great things imo was tragic what hapened to him against lupor i think it was?
turns out he had an abnormaly thin skull but that boy was painfully shy out of the ring and a true warrior in it.
u asked for a great welsh boxer and after the obvious then i give u the merther matchstick man
rip johnny a true gent and credit to the sport of boxing
thumbsup
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/article818085.ece

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:13 pm

There were many big-up's for "The Big If;The Story of Johnny Owen " on 606v1. Won't do any harm doing it now!!

Incidentally ,I made a salient point about "sheep" remarks earlier.
Glad the article has been rewritten however my remark should still be there too,as it was a beacon of Anglo-Celtic alliance.It was 350 words and more passionate than Steffan could ever manage.

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

andygf wrote:There were many big-up's for "The Big If;The Story of Johnny Owen " on 606v1. Won't do any harm doing it now!!

Incidentally ,I made a salient point about "sheep" remarks earlier.
Glad the article has been rewritten however my remark should still be there too,as it was a beacon of Anglo-Celtic alliance.It was 350 words and more passionate than Steffan could ever manage.
hehe same had posts deleted edited for no real reason but a mod is allowed to make the article and start the whole sheep thing of but us welsh aint allowed a fair crack of the whip in response
yi man delete this and uve lost a reader / poster as this isnt what u would deem below the 13 yearold rule or whatever it is
blame the mods myself
im a long time reader just starting to post but tbh after tonight thinking whats the point if u aint in the club then u get deleted hehe

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

people took offence to the sheep references, therefore all references were deleted.
We are not here to mod opinions and debate, but we are here to mod adult content (amongst other things).
2 mates in a bar can get away with this sort of stuff as they know eachother, but on a forum its a difference principle all together.

Im all for banter, but when people take offence its a totally different matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:41 pm

Y I Man wrote:people took offence to the sheep references, therefore all references were deleted.
We are not here to mod opinions and debate, but we are here to mod adult content (amongst other things).
2 mates in a bar can get away with this sort of stuff as they know eachother, but on a forum its a difference principle all together.

Im all for banter, but when people take offence its a totally different matter.
been welsh all my life used to it and can give as good as i take .. enjoy it tbh

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 8:43 pm

gna leave it now go play fight night on xbox b4 misses insists i go spend some time with her hehe but think u going little ott
but thats just my hunble welsh opinion thumbsup

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:16 pm

I Jest, Gab, it wasn't a 350 word diatribe at all.For the record I didn't complain in private either. Got no problem with such jesting, but it'd be good if there was a new spin... I liked the Charlotte Church joke. And I reckon Dave set someone up for that slappers joke...and Trussy blundered in to knock it down!

Also,I'd like to see James Dean Bradfield (from Manics)in a fight, I reckon he'd be a decent super welterweight.

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 9:50 pm

hehe andy i just had some realy not bad atall stuff deleted/edited
taken me ages to pluck up courage to post stuff on these sights as if i got into argument with almost any1 id be picked to pieces compared to u guys i know ziltch im just a guy that likes watching boxing.. have read a few books mostly on ali and the older guys mind... and have watched all i can but still:)
just found it infuriating when my post was edited for sheep reference(and while original post haddent been edited at that time) it was deleted or edited
1 of reasons i used to log onto 606 was to read the bannter some of the truss stuff ( think hes got natoinal pride down to a t)realy cracked me up d4 was funny in small doses and tyson king was just man love gone to far but was fun to watch unfol

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Thu 17 Mar 2011, 11:13 pm

and for the record i didnt complain in private to no 1 i had message of a mod ye but didnt start the conversatoin if that remark is aimed at me andy ur wayway of the point
i thought this was a public forum and got some realy low key stuff deleted and wasnt to impressed by that
sorry my bad for thinking it was for all not just those in the click
my bad sorry

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down