The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh salary cap

5 posters

Go down

Welsh salary cap Empty Welsh salary cap

Post by Rugby10 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 3:09 pm

Does any one know if the 3.5 salary cap is including the coaches wages or is ut just players wages

Rugby10

Back to top Go down

Welsh salary cap Empty Re: Welsh salary cap

Post by wales606 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 3:21 pm

I think it only applies to the squad of players in the HC squad - so coaches andacademy players wont be included in it.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

The Dragons current wage bill is apparently £1m under the cap (£2.5m). Therefore, we'll be hoping for investment and/or handouts to get us up to it, rather than making cutbacks to get us within it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyOwain12 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:01 am

I think that it's for 38 players in your squad. Which does equate to you HC squad.

MonkeyOwain12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:59 am

Cheers MonkeyOwain, my point really was that we've got quite a bit of scope to improve the squad even within the current cap. If we're £1m under it and we've got some squad players that Edwards is looking to clear out (according to his interview) then I reckon we should have £1.5m for players until we hit the cap. We should be able to cover a number of positions well with the sort of money. The problem is actually getting the players as logic would suggest that if we already had £3.5m then we'd be spending it. Sadly, I think we can only afford £2.5m so will need to get investment and/or handouts to be able to afford a squad worth £3.5m.

This is perhaps in contrast to the experiences of other regions (I'm guessing) who might actually have to cut their squads in order to come under the cap which could lead to weakening of the squad, as opposed to strengthening it as is the case at the Dragons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:05 am

Sorry MonkeyOwain, I just read that again and you weren't taking to me but were answering the original post! Don't mind me, it's too early!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

It is being reported as 3.5m for the HC squad wages. SO does that mean, in theory that you could also have a heap of other expensive players available for the Rabo/LV= poroviding they are not registered in the HC squad? I know that it wold be a silly thing to do, but knowing the regions I wouldn't be suprised if one of them tried to pull a fast one like that.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

Yeah that quote made me wonder to Priest as it did say the HC squad, then again I suppose if they are expensive players they are top quality players and the top quality players will be needed for the HC and in fact want to play in the HC themselves.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down