The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion

+17
Cari
mpc28
Morgannwg
Glas a du
Pot Noodle Miner
bigballbag
dogtooth
LemonyVodka5
TBJ9625
gowales
Ospreydragon
Luckless Pedestrian
bedfordwelsh
glamorganalun
doctornickolas
Shifty
maestegmafia
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who will win?

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap89%Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 16 ]
Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Empty Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion

Post by maestegmafia Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

TBP to the Ospreys

Ospreys (25) 44
Tries: Bowe, Beck (2), penalty (2), Fotuali'i Cons: Biggar (3), Morgan Pens: Biggar (2)

Treviso (10) 17
Tries: Gori, Padro Con: Burton Pens: Burton, Botes

Ospreys maintained their slim Heineken Cup quarter-final hopes as young centre Ashley Beck inspired the Welsh region to a bonus-point win over Treviso.

Tommy Bowe scored early, intercepting Edoardo Gori's pass on the halfway line, before Gori made amends, running from inside Treviso's 22 to score.

Beck's first-half double and two penalty tries eased Ospreys to victory.

Gonzalo Padro scored a consolation for Treviso before Kahn Fotuali'i touched down after a Matthew Morgan break.

Scott Johnson's side now need a bonus-point victory in Biarritz next week and will have to hope other results go their way.

Treviso had harmed Ospreys' last-eight aspirations by holding them to a draw in October but Ospreys enjoyed the perfect start as a loose pass in midfield was picked off by Bowe.

And the Ireland wing raced under the posts from 60 metres to score his 22nd try in the competition before Wales international Dan Biggar kicked the extras.

Fly-halves Kristopher Burton of Treviso and Ospreys' Biggar traded penalties but the home side's failure to convert a lovely break from Bowe proved costly as Treviso levelled.

Bowe had linked well with Justin Tipuric and Shane Williams to take the Welsh side into the opposing 22, but a lack of control at the ruck saw Gori seize on a loose ball to race the length of the field - Burton adding a superb touchline conversion.

Scrum-half Rhys Webb was impressing with some darting runs and he ghosted outside Burton to create the opening for Beck's first score.

And Beck enhanced his claims for a place in Wales' Six Nations side with a second as Treviso contributed to their own downfall.

Ospreys wing Tommy Bowe scores his 22nd Heineken Cup try against Treviso
The Italian side failed to secure a line-out in their own 22 and Andrew Bishop's half-break saw him feed inside to give Beck a simple finish that Biggar converted.

The victory could have been more emphatic as video referee Tony Spreadbury denied Bowe another try after officials ruled he had failed to ground the ball under the challenge of two defenders.

That verdict gave the Ospreys a five-yard scrum and provided little respite for Treviso, who had struggled throughout to contain the power of props Paul James and Adam Jones.

And referee JP Doyle had little option but to award a penalty try, converted by Biggar, which gave the Ospreys their first four-try bonus point of the season.

Treviso hit back almost immediately as rampaging carries from back-rowers Paul Derbyshire and Alessandro Zanni put them deep in Ospreys territory, where a pop pass saw lock Padro barge over.

Morgan showed a glimpse of his talent with a superb step and break but fellow substitute Fotuali'i could not hang on to his pass in contact.

But the same combination worked to better effect with 12 minutes to go as Morgan picked out the Treviso second-rows loitering in the defensive line and stepped on the gas to race between them and send Samoa international Fotuali'i over.

A second penalty try rounded off the rout, which could have been worse as Chauncey O'Toole was denied a score when he, like Bowe earlier, failed to ground the ball under the challenge of two defenders.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 am; edited 6 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 pm

maestegmafia wrote:I am sorry that you feel you keep getting banned for your honesty. Maybe it is your behaviour not just your opinion that gets you banned.

If you want to be an active part of this forum then consider your actions more carefully.

+1

Same clown who last resided under the name of westernosprey I bet Rolling Eyes

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:I am sorry that you feel you keep getting banned for your honesty. Maybe it is your behaviour not just your opinion that gets you banned.

If you want to be an active part of this forum then consider your actions more carefully.

+1

+ 2

+ 4

+ the other 100 usernames.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Do I get a caution or a custodial sentence?

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Well there's the kiss of death - Charlo and Kingsley Jones comparing Morgs to Barry John Doh why?!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:

+1

I don't know why you would bother annoying the moderators so much, why not just enjoy what's good and behave?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Cari wrote:Well there's the kiss of death - Charlo and Kingsley Jones comparing Morgs to Barry John Doh why?!

Richard Webster thinks he's a freak of nature so there must be some truth in it.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Ashley Beck MOTM clap

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Held up...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:

+1

I don't know why you would bother annoying the moderators so much, why not just enjoy what's good and behave?

You are a complete nerd aren't you? I bet you were one of the "I.T. guys" in the school library who thought they had an important job and were saving the world.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Morgs off again....Chaucey O'Toole makes the 6th - arrrrgh no! he's fecked it. If it was Tommy he would've finished that.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Cari wrote:Morgs off again....Chaucey O'Toole makes the 6th - arrrrgh no! he's fecked it!

That is an amazing hold up.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 pm

Great defending by Treviso.

To held up tries...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Great defending by Treviso.

To held up tries...!

Two held up tries.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Penalty try

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:42 pm

YAY! There's a penalty try!!!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:43 pm

44-17

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 pm

Game over...!

44-17

We got what we wanted

By the way ulster thrashed leicester tigers by more

41-7

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Ospreys 44 - 17 Treviso TBP ospreys win. Post Match discussion - Page 3 3933776953 wooooo! Well done boys. Could've got ten tries, but that's better than the reverse fixture! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

bigballbag wrote:
I get banned because I say what I want, but hey ho.

I am definitely Welsh and just being honest.

I'm Welsh too and always honest, so what did you say that got you banned?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bigballbag Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bigballbag wrote:
I get banned because I say what I want, but hey ho.

I am definitely Welsh and just being honest.

I'm Welsh too and always honest, so what did you say that got you banned?

Good for you. I'll make a note of that.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Anyway, back to the rugby...OSPREYS STILL IN THE HEINO by the skin of their teeth, but they're STILL IN! Yahoo

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 pm

There's one game to go and it is away from home. Ospreys still in the Heineken cup is a fantasy. You'll be lucky to get in the amlin assuming you get 5 points in Biarritz, which is unlikely.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 pm

So whats best, draw in the other pool 5 game or Biarritz to win without conceding or gaining a BPs

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:59 pm

I enjoyed that game, though defense was definatly an optional extra for both teams, though better to see a game with lots of tries than a game ending 15-12 with 1 try.

I was amazed that the Treviso scrum was smashed to that extent, that scrum could be pretty much Italys first choice in the next season or so. Headscratch

It was nice to see the Ospreys chucking it around but in truth the pressure was off them, they arent going to qualify for the quarter finals now and neither are Treviso and it showed that both teams were a bit half hearted in certain aspects of their play. They both put their energy into attacking not defending.

The referee should of dished out a yellow or two to Treviso, how many penalties does a team have to concede before a card comes out?

Still 6 tries and a decent night at the office, at least no one can say the Ospreys havent won any bonus points and we have to play Treviso and Aironi again at home before the seasons out, as well as 2 games against the Dragons.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 am

Alyn the pressure was not off them, they had to secure the bonus point and score as high a score as possible. You may think they are without any chance of qualifying but technically and mathematically they can still qualify. They may also have a shot at the Amlin if not the HEC 1/4s.

I am happy that the secured the TBP early on and I am happy that they scored more points against Treviso than either Biarritz or Saracens did.

I was also pleased to see the referee not turn the game into a lesson in how not to referee the scrum like the last HEC game at the Liberty. He seemed to realise he hadn't a clue and not insist on re-scrums and just award penalties to whoever pushed the other team backwards, bar a few occasions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 am

Score in the title, my enjoyment of watch the match highlights have been ruined.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:56 am

HERSH

If you look at any sports page the result is in the title. Sorry to spoil your surprise but 12 Hours after the game it is hardly going to be easy for you to avoid seeing the results.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:59 am

Putting the score in the article title deserves a month's ban from the 606v2.

I was going to buy the DVD of this game. Ruined. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Cyril that is your most pathetic post yet...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:24 pm

And that is quite some statement to make...! Considering the calibre of you self designated modus operandi...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Looking at the table, Ospreys have to win the last game to win the group and hope we draw with no TBP tomorrow, then dont get anything from our last game. Slim chance but the fat lady's not singing yet

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:49 pm

KKs

I was trying to work out which is more favourable, Saracens getting 2 points along with Biarritz in a draw or whether Biarritz getting a four point win.

Though to be honest, I would be amazed if Saracens muck this up. They have been the measure of consistent professionalism in this and all other competitions.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Thanks Maes but now watch us man sausage this up

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm

Ha ha ha...!

I can only hope mate...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:51 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Alyn the pressure was not off them, they had to secure the bonus point and score as high a score as possible. You may think they are without any chance of qualifying but technically and mathematically they can still qualify. They may also have a shot at the Amlin if not the HEC 1/4s.

I am happy that the secured the TBP early on and I am happy that they scored more points against Treviso than either Biarritz or Saracens did.

I was also pleased to see the referee not turn the game into a lesson in how not to referee the scrum like the last HEC game at the Liberty. He seemed to realise he hadn't a clue and not insist on re-scrums and just award penalties to whoever pushed the other team backwards, bar a few occasions.

In my eyes is was pretty much over the night they drew in Treviso, losing at home to Saracens just put the final nail in the coffin, you can only slip up twice in europe at the max.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:53 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Ha ha ha...!

I can only hope mate...

Well we did our best to man sausage it up (well stringer did)
Just the way we hit the rucks won us that game

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:00 pm

Knackeredknees wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Ha ha ha...!

I can only hope mate...

Well we did our best to man sausage it up (well stringer did)
Just the way we hit the rucks won us that game

Well done, put us back above the french, possibility of qualifying, bit of a long shot though.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 pm

When I looked at the table, Biarritz were above Ospreys. Blues and Clermont are likely to take the final two places as each team has a home game. Quins could also break in if they get 5 points in Galway. Ospreys who travel away from home have a slim chance of breaking into the Amlin.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Very very slim...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3