The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another British kid over there

3 posters

Go down

Another British kid over there Empty Another British kid over there

Post by skins4ever Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

Found this today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/16301581

Not a bad story, but I wish these journo's would do a bit more research. He writes about the NFL likes its one of a number of pro leagues in the world, when in effect its the only pro league. And when he says college is watched by up to 80,000 fans per game, that's well short of the record and he doesn't give it context (like college has a 10 game regular season etc). Neither are shockers, but it could have been written better.

Anyway, great to see another Brit doing well over there, even if he's just happened upon the game. Lets see how he does in college.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Another British kid over there Empty Re: Another British kid over there

Post by BamBam Tue 03 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

I saw a couple of articles about him a little while ago, been graded as a 3 Star recruit by Rivals.com, but ESPN and Scout.com have him as a 4 Star. This is the comment on his Scout.com page.

"Kallon is new to the game of football, but you wouldn't know it when watching him make plays on Friday nights. He has great size, long arms, he plays with so much effort, he is very fluid, and he is quick off the ball. He is still learning from a technical standpoint and he needs to improve his footwork and his strength, but his ceiling is high. He has the right attitude, mindset, and the ability to be very productive in college. - Chad Simmons"

Looks like one to keep an eye on for those who watch the college game regularly. I read a report about Tom Wort, who was born in Crawley but is currently the starting MLB for the Oklahoma Sooners, another guy who could have a great future in the game

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

Actually a pretty badly written article! I agree with you skins4ever, the style of journalism makes it sound as if the nfl is a distant, mythical, unknown entity.

Hope the lad goes to Georgia and does well for himself.

Tom Wort is a name i've heard a few times, and his stats look pretty good for a MLB too. But is he up to the physical demands of the nfl?? 6'0 229lbs....

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down