The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British P4P top 10

4 posters

Go down

British P4P top 10 Empty British P4P top 10

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:15 am

Who would be in your British top 10 P4P?

1. Carl Froch. Fought more top fighters than any other Brit around and only has 1 debatable loss to a top figter in Kessler on his record.

2. David Haye. 2 weight world champion and could beat Wlad

3. Amir Khan. Future world P4P top 3 fighter but just not had the fights to justify being top and McCloskey won't do that for him.

4. Ricky Burns. I think most of this top 10 are more talented than him but he has proved he can handle the step up to world title fights the rest have not done that yet. His win over Martinez was excellent but his 2 defences have been poor against poor fighters.

5. Nathan Cleverly. Britains next world champ.

6. Kell Brook. Waiting on a world title shot but looks to have it all to push up the world P4P list and hope a big fight with Khan is down the line when Kell establishes himself as world class.

7. John Murray. Needs a big fight soon or is going to go stale. But looks the part.

8. Mattew Macklin. Don't think Matthew is good enough to win a world title but has done well with what he has.

9. Ryan Rhodes. Deserved the title shot that Matthew Hatton got but wouldn't have faired much better than Matthew.

10. Rendall Munroe. Not impressed with his next fight but it is just a tune up. Hope he gets another crack at a world title because he is a really likeable fighter. Slips down my list because he lost his big fight.

I had Degale at 10 but had to take him off for Munroe. Would have loved to put Frankie Gavin in but he just has not fought enough.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

British P4P top 10 Empty Re: British P4P top 10

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:19 am

Not too many issues, the right names but not necessarily in the right order

Would have to take exception to your summation of Rhodes who I feel has the beating of Alvarez at the moment and would compete very well against anyone in the division, must be sickening being the number one contender for a belt and seeing 4 less deserving fighters fight for it.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 am

Depends how much you put on talent because Brook is stalling, and I have him much lower. Khan above Haye because Haye hasn't done that much recently.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Imperial I agree about Rhodes being sickened by the situation. I couldn't see him beating Cotto or Alvarez. But Bundrage or Dzindziruk are very beatable I just don't rate him very highly and he's getting on a bit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:23 pm

I've seen nothing from Alvarez to suggest that he beats Rhodes easily, beating a blown up light punching Welterweight is a bit different to facing a fully fledged puncher like Rhodes. Cotto may have the beating of him but his recent opposition hasn't shown how much damage the Margarito and Pacquiao beatings did to him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 pm

[quote="prettyboy1304"]Imperial I agree about Rhodes being sickened by the situation. I couldn't see him beating Cotto or Alvarez. But Bundrage or Dzindziruk are very beatable I just don't rate him very highly and he's getting on a bit.[/quote

Alvarez is a hype job. He is wide open to counters and I reckon Rhodes will take him out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Alvarez is a top young fighter he is only 21. Think we never seen the best of Alvarez against Hatton he looked like he can up it a few more levels but Hatton wasn't big enough to trouble him. Rhodes would maybe fair slightly better but don't see him beating Canelo. Remember he is a mexican and sometimes just like a good scrap.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:Alvarez is a top young fighter he is only 21. Think we never seen the best of Alvarez against Hatton he looked like he can up it a few more levels but Hatton wasn't big enough to trouble him. Rhodes would maybe fair slightly better but don't see him beating Canelo. Remember he is a mexican and sometimes just like a good scrap.

He should have put Hatton away. His age is imaterial. He is now a world champ. If he likes a good scrap, he plays into Rhodes hands. I didn't see anything in Alvarez that I haven't seen in many average boxers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:42 pm

So we base on the assumption he can do better than he's ever done before and the simple fact he's Mexican, seems a fairly simplistic view to me.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 pm

He's not had an opponent to push him to his limits. Everyone knows mexican fans love to see their fighters scrap. Alvarez has a big Mexican following and is sometimes guilty of playing to crowd. But like I said he is still only 21 and will learn. Would like to see him step up in class maybe Cotto is a step to far just now but think he has the beating of anyone else at the weight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down