The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scotlands 9 for six nations?

+2
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
poddy89
6 posters

Go down

scotlands 9 for six nations? Empty scotlands 9 for six nations?

Post by poddy89 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

who is our best scrum half?

i know lawson has had a lot of starts recently but is that our best option?

we have blair and cusiter but blair lost it a long time ago, cusiter might be an option

laidlaw? is he 9 or 10 i've not seen him play either but i hear he is doing well

who else do we have as an option and who should get the start?

poddy89

Back to top Go down

scotlands 9 for six nations? Empty Re: scotlands 9 for six nations?

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:07 am

With Lawson and Blair 30 or north of that, and Cus at 29, I'd really like to see Laidlaw stick to scrum half. Personally I'd go for Cusiter for te 6Ns with Laidlaw on the bench, potentially also covering fly half, altho that's a far riskier decision Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:With Lawson and Blair 30 or north of that, and Cus at 29, I'd really like to see Laidlaw stick to scrum half. Personally I'd go for Cusiter for te 6Ns with Laidlaw on the bench, potentially also covering fly half, altho that's a far riskier decision Braveheart

Aye, I forgot that the conservative selections have been doing so well for us...
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottish Optimist Mon 02 Jan 2012, 2:27 pm

I reckon Cusitor's looked more dangerous and on form than Blair in the 1872 games so I'd start with him. But granted it's easier to look good at 9 with a solid performance from your forwards which Blair hasn't had as much of.

Scottish Optimist

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 02 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

Cusiter p*ss8d all over Blair in the 1872 games so IMHO it will be a bloody disgrace if Blair is anywhere near the 6Ns squad. Laidlaw is ten times the player Blair is at present and can cover 10 also - a more problematic position given the poor showing of Weir yesterday
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:08 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Cusiter p*ss8d all over Blair in the 1872 games so IMHO it will be a bloody disgrace if Blair is anywhere near the 6Ns squad. Laidlaw is ten times the player Blair is at present and can cover 10 also - a more problematic position given the poor showing of Weir yesterday

Cusiter had a very good game in the 1st leg but had a total mare in the 2nd leg - how he got MOTM is beyond me - apparently kicking straight to touch 3 times is a good thing!

I agree that he is probably our form 9 just now though, just pointing out that he was totally baws yesterday!Smile

I think the decision rests on who he wants to pick at 10 - Laidlaw and it is Blair, Weir/Jackson and it is Cusiter.

Parks and who cares!

I'd like to see Cusiter/Weir for the England game with Laidlaw on the bench.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down