The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meldrick taylor

+5
88Chris05
John Bloody Wayne
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
gab
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

meldrick taylor - Page 2 Empty meldrick taylor

Post by gab Tue 15 Mar - 19:43

First topic message reminder :

just watched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-R-j5FIjxI&feature=related
omg awsome fight 2 great warriors but.... surley that stoppage was a bit dodgy to say the least gta think that after the trainer had not wanted the ref in the 1st place that he may have been on to something. don king controversy again? hehe.
and such a shame to see taylor in that conditon at the end another great fighter that didnt know when his time was over and now paying the price.
been working thro the legendery fiights on youtube and all of them have been interesting and can think of a lot worse ways to spend an evening but this 1 has realy saddend me:(
great fight and 2 great fighters boxing

gab

Back to top Go down

meldrick taylor - Page 2 Empty Re: meldrick taylor

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 16 Mar - 11:24

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who cares....Fact is HBO, The ring, KO and two judges had Meldrick big...........and a "Mexican "didn't....

Give it a rest........

The judge who had JCC winning is an American. For the record I had Chavez losing, but I can't really complain about the stoppage. It was certainly no worse judgement than that of the ref in the Donaire-Montiel fight the other week. What amazed me was that although Chavez looked to be taking a battering for the larger part of the fight, his awareness was phenomenal. Even under pressure he knew exactly what was going on, knew his own limitations and knew the damage he was doing to his opponent. this last part especially I think is evinced by the fact that Chavez really was willing to fight every second of every round.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2