The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name your rivals

+26
Full Credit
emack2
majesticimperialman
Smirnoffpriest
Glas a du
Pal Joey
robbo277
Taylorman
Shifty
red_stag
damngoodOvalball
OzT
kiakahaaotearoa
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
rodders
bedfordwelsh
Bathman_in_London
B91212
blackcanelion
aucklandlaurie
niwatts
Sgt_Pooly
Gatts
munkian
Biltong
westernosprey
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Name your rivals - Page 2 Empty Name your rivals

Post by westernosprey Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Easy. Name your home nation, then the nation that you consider your main rival & then name the nation you "love passionately" .
Scores will be collated and announced at the end of the evening.

Here's mine.

WALES
ENGLAND
ENGLAND

Last edited by westernosprey on Fri 23 Dec 2011, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

westernosprey

Back to top Go down

Name your rivals - Page 2 Empty Re: Name your rivals

Post by boomeranga Mon 02 Jan 2012, 11:36 pm

Full Credit wrote:It was either that or 'It was a game of 2 halves', another personal favourite. I always have a little side wager with the missus on post match interviews to see how many cliches they manage to rattle off but you can always bank on 'Full Credit to ...'.

Possible recipients of 'Full Credit to...' are, the boys, the lads, the guys, the coaching staff, the opposition, the crowd, my breakfast, etc... all good stuff.

Something for you FC. You even get a mention:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/understanding-players-lesson-1-interview-subtext/

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

Nice one boomeranga.

It just goes to show, post-match interviews are a waste of time. Players or coaches just spew out an endless list of tried and tested clichés and nothing is said that might upset the opposition.

It´d be good to have some sort of programme though that collates all these clichés and then puts what they really say in sub-titles underneath.

I think they came out hard and got an early advantage over us

(subtitled:) that Tinkywinky of a ref was penalising us left, right and centre until we started to get the better of him

We soaked up the pressure later on...

(We dove in on that ball like we were jumping on an errant grenade in a fox hole to save our hides)

And we played the percentages well I think

(We kicked the s**t out of that ball and then ran after it and then killed every ensuing ruck thereafter)

In the end I think it was a fair result and we came off with a good hard fought win.

(In the end we got one over that Tinkywinky of a ref and we got away with murder in the rucks and the better team ended up losing which just makes it sweeter.)

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:36 pm

Oh I forgot another rival............................. Billy O'effing!!!! Flynn!

Billy, when I see you next time...you're going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:39 pm

Cheers Boomer, got a good laugh out of that. I remember a great interview with Blocker Roach a few years ago that the Footy Show had a swipe at. They counted how many times Blocker said 'mate' in this particular post match interview... from memory he racked up 30 odd in what would have probably been less than 60 seconds. Fantastic use of the word.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:51 pm

Ol´Blocker Roach. Big as a bus but a voice as high as a mountain.

Time for a sideline comment from Blocker Roach.

Mate, if it weren´t for the two set of front row forwards out there, mate this game would be a pile of...

Hold the phone Blocker. The Manly line has been broken and Brisbane are hot on attack.

Good times.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2