The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perry Saturn

5 posters

Go down

Perry Saturn Empty Perry Saturn

Post by SCSW Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 11:11

Evening all,

I was flicking around on Youtube earlier and came across this interview with former Horseman, Perry Saturn. It's a little long, but basically he dropped out of wrestling and mainstream society all together after developing a serious substance abuse problem, the effects of which you can clearly see in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zChsn8__kRI

I had a look at a few more clips and realised how seriously under-rated (in my opinion) this guy is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZFUsfxe5iA&t=19s

He had power, physique, technique, and a great gimmick for a while in 'Moppy.'

So I'm wondering what your thoughts are on Perry Saturn? Had it not been for his issues, could he have made it to the top of the tree?

SCSW

Back to top Go down

Perry Saturn Empty Re: Perry Saturn

Post by MtotheC Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:20

Was never a perry fan and wouldn't class his insane mop gimmick as great, but in all honestly I'm not that informed on his career pre the radicalz invasion, I always thought he was the 4th most talented guy out of that stable, Dean m was hugely talented and a great technical wrestler, where as eddie and Benoit's skill and accomplishments speak for themselves, would be interested tho in hearing some posts on perry from someone more knowledgeable than me.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 19:49

I always liked Perry and did a similar thread to this on the old 606.

Very underated and looked like beast in the ring.

He was so over with his Moppy gimmick it was unreal!

Did you hear the rumours about him? For years people thought he was dead after having committed suicide by jumping off a very tall building.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 21:12

He was great in ECW when he was part of the Eliminators and I still think their finisher is the best Tag Team finisher ever

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by glasgowhibs Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 0:38

The moppy gimmick was a strange one, designed to bury him after he beat the be-jesus out of a jobber (Mike Bell) and broke his neck in the process.

It ended up elevating him to his highest point in the company (with 'highest point' meaning people were actually bothered about him) and giving him a very watchable feud with Raven (and the woodchipper).

Excellent technical wrestler but it was fairly obvious he was on the juice.

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down