The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The future main eventers of the WWE

+13
Mr H
Lowlandbrit
NickisBHAFC
sodhat
MIG
MtotheC
Crimey
ADMIN
Kay Fabe
Bull
Fernando
Samo
TopoftheChops
17 posters

Go down

Which of these Wrestlers do you think will have the best future in the WWE?

The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap14%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 8 ]
The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap9%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 5 ]
The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap26%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 15 ]
The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap23%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 13 ]
The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap25%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 14 ]
The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_lcap3%The future main eventers of the WWE Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 57

The future main eventers of the WWE Empty The future main eventers of the WWE

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 11 Dec - 22:25

With the WWE being in a transition zone, they have needed to bring up new stars like Ziggler, Rhodes, Miz, Barrett and Sheamus. Which star do you think will have the brightest future in the WWE?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

The future main eventers of the WWE Empty Re: The future main eventers of the WWE

Post by Samo Sun 11 Dec - 22:33

I think they will all have a great 2012, and Im having real trouble picking who I think has the better future.

I'll go for the Miz though.

Samo

Back to top Go down

The future main eventers of the WWE Empty Re: The future main eventers of the WWE

Post by Fernando Sun 11 Dec - 22:47

Im going for Dolph Ziggler closely followed by Barrett thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 11 Dec - 22:52

Ziggler : The Guy is great , great heel and can be funny at times like this weeks backstage bit !

would of gone with

The Miz

Rhodes

after Them

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 11 Dec - 23:02

Sheamus will be a major name in Pro Wrestling for years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 11 Dec - 23:07

But do you see Sheamus having as bright a future as the Miz? Even Rhodes or Ziggler? No doubt he'll be a big name, but I reckon, like Barrett, his nationality will prevent him from shining at his brightest, which is a shame.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 11 Dec - 23:14

Depends on the direction of the company for me.
If they continue down the route of a product aimed at 10 year olds then the Miz, if they instead evolve it again and let the product grow with the audience then I'd say Jon Moxley as the long term rival to Punk.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Dec - 23:23

I can't look past The Miz to be honest, I think he will be given a huge push soon and perhaps deserved as he has been consistently good on the mic for a few years now and is entertaining in the ring. He is going the way that Cena took, which is offer himself to do every media appearance and just make sure Vince takes notice of him as well as keep himself in the public eye.

I think Sheamus is probably the next most likely, I certainly think he has the tools to make it big and can definitely see him as the next Triple H, however I am not as confident in the WWE creative team to make sure Sheamus achieves his potential.

I think Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler could make it, but I'm not as sure about them as I am about The Miz or Sheamus, and Barrett has the least chance, he's been booked pretty poorly since the Nexus run and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to reach those lofty heights again, but I am a fan.

I think you're being hugely optimistic if you think Moxely will be that big Hero! CM Punk and Jon Moxely are both not WWE-manufactured so will not be the top two guys IMO.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 12 Dec - 2:00

I can see Sheamus being a guy to beat, unlike Barrett I think his Nationality works in his favour, Vince's old man wanted to create a massive must see Irish star, it was him that gave Hogan that name due to it having Irish origins and he also wanted him to dye his hair red, times have obviously changed but now they have this big red headed genuine Irishman who has tons if ability and charisma, he's also already gained an on screen pedigree and he also has friends in high places, the sky's the limit for him in my book

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 12 Dec - 8:10

I think the OP's list is the popular opinion on who will be the future crop of top level stars, I see Sheamus, dolph and Cody all being world champions in 2012 however with wade im not so sure. IMO the stand out of the OP's list is the miz, I see him going from strength to strength in the new year and fully expect him to be a top main event player in the future.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Mon 12 Dec - 9:44

I've gone for Dolph but I see all five of these wrestlers having very good futures. Is it finally looking like a bright future for WWE? Cause for quite a while I could not see where future main eventers were going to come from. Now we potentially have 5!

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 12 Dec - 17:44

None of the guys listed have that aura about them though, they could reach Jericho level but I can't see any of them reaching a Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart or HHH level, all that could change but it's unforseen at the moment

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 12 Dec - 18:25

Interesting that no-one went for Barrett on what is a pretty pro-Barrett board!

Of the above I went with Ziggler because his current performances mark him out as someone who can make a move upward soon. But I agree with Gaffer, I don't think any of these will be troubling the top ten any time soon.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 12 Dec - 20:28

I am a massive Barret fan my self. Was my wwe superstar of 2010. Wasted for most of this year until the Barret Barage emerged. So my vote is for him

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 13 Dec - 13:51

I don't think he was wasted, he's not done anything to impress when he was given a chance, everything feels a bit to forced with Wade

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 13 Dec - 16:03

I could see Sheamus taking over John Cena's position if they decide to turn Cena heel for a little while. Now I think about it, you could have Sheamus vs heel Cena be the big feud of 2012 if you moved the fella to Raw. Much as I like Punk (and Orton actually) I think Sheamus is a lot more suited to being the top guy in the company.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 13 Dec - 16:28

The Miz got my vote by some distance. When the face turn comes, and it will happen at some point, his career will skyrocket into orbit. Personally im not his biggest fan but in terms of who will have the best career out of those listed i cant see anyone eclipsing what The Miz is likely to achieve.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Tue 13 Dec - 23:45

Miz.

I think this means that the WWE are building stars properly at the moment, all of those in the poll plus a few others (Bryan etc) could have good careers.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 19 Dec - 9:06

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I can't look past The Miz to be honest, I think he will be given a huge push soon and perhaps deserved as he has been consistently good on the mic for a few years now and is entertaining in the ring. He is going the way that Cena took, which is offer himself to do every media appearance and just make sure Vince takes notice of him as well as keep himself in the public eye.

I think Sheamus is probably the next most likely, I certainly think he has the tools to make it big and can definitely see him as the next Triple H, however I am not as confident in the WWE creative team to make sure Sheamus achieves his potential.

I think Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler could make it, but I'm not as sure about them as I am about The Miz or Sheamus, and Barrett has the least chance, he's been booked pretty poorly since the Nexus run and I'm not sure he'll ever be able to reach those lofty heights again, but I am a fan.

I think you're being hugely optimistic if you think Moxely will be that big Hero! CM Punk and Jon Moxely are both not WWE-manufactured so will not be the top two guys IMO.

Spoiler:

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 19 Dec - 11:53

Macclads (formerly Hero) wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I can't look past The Miz to be honest, I think he will be given a huge push soon and perhaps deserved as he has been consistently good on the mic for a few years now and is entertaining in the ring. He is going the way that Cena took, which is offer himself to do every media appearance and just make sure Vince takes notice of him as well as keep himself in the public eye.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 19 Dec - 20:26

Not sure how The Miz can be classed as a future main evener, he already is. He's headlined Wrestlemania and he retained his title there. That puts him ahead of CM Punk, in my eyes.

I think all these guys have bright futures, with the exception of maybe Barret, who I'm undecided about, but if I had to chose 1, I'd say the Miz will have the brightest future. I'm convinced that The Miz will be even better as a face, when the change happens.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Mon 19 Dec - 21:02

honestly didn't know who to go for! these lot are definately the top crop amongst the younger guys. Went for Rhodes in the end.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon 19 Dec - 23:17

Woud have said Ziggler but as he is currently 31 i'm going Rhodes as the question asks who will have the best future. Rhodes has more time to have a bigger future

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down