The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
KiaRose
Adam D
Mickado
red_stag
HammerofThunor
Cymroglan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Rava
Kenny
MBTGOG
PenfroPete
Suspicious lurker
Mrs Penfro
Luckless Pedestrian
Gibson
Pal Joey
Thomond
Notch
MrsP
Dave.
Mick(TEFC)
Glas a du
Cari
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Shane Williams above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider raspberry RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub:https://www.606v2.com/t19107p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MrsP Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Glas,

You should hear him commentate when Ulster's centre pairing is Luke Marshall and Nevin Spence.

Poor "Gusher" can't tell them apart!

You should hear his commentary of the Tommy Bowe try in the GS decider.

"Bowe gathers....."

MrsP

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Ulster turned down the chance to sign him in the summer Glas Doh

Should have brought him in and sent Danielli out to pasture! We turned down the chance to sign an Irish back three player and then had to bring in another NIQ back three a few months in due to injuries.

Stupid.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Glas, we have guys like him in Zebo. I love those type of players, Carr just isn't as good as you have hyped him up to be. If he was he wouldn't be playing AIL on HEC weekends and he would have Ireland caps.

Last edited by Thomond on Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a poor typist)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:13 pm

Yes. Leinster don't appreciate him. They won't give him the game time.

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:16 pm

Thomond wrote:Glas, we have guys liek him in Zebo. I love this type of players, Carr just isn't as good as you have hyped him up to be. Igf he was he wouldn't be playing AIL on HEC weekends and he would have Ireland caps.

I can see where you are coming from, bit that doesn't follow for me. He should have gone to Ulster. It would take a visionary to give him caps and tell him "just go out there are score"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:25 pm

Are you going to the big smoke tomorrow night Glas?

How important is the Shane Williams swansong factor? I think you guys will do well anyway... both sides are depleted yet they will throw everything at each other. I'd be happy with a narrow win again but we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, good luck and let's hope we see some scintillating stuff and the players come through unscathed!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 03 Dec 2011, 12:05 am

Argh if only newcastle didn't have jimmy-i'll kick us to win every game-gopperth
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:01 am

Am a bit drunk, was well up for a good night but everyone I work with is so much older then me, they all left by half 12!

Diolch i Glas and Notch for the text updates.

Glad we got a lbp (we did get one, right? my maths isnt great at the moment)

Annoyed we let a first half lead slip, but as we outscored them 3 tries to 2, that makes me feel a bit better.

I am feeling so grumpy about the Wales international, I am seriously considering not watching it, but then I remember Shane....and I can't help but watch it. Bless him.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:08 am

Good night then dreamer?

If it wasn't for Gopperth we would have won....same result as Scarlets grr
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:12 am

Dreamer,

Yes you got a LBP.

You did indeed have a lead at half time but you were playing with a "15 point" wind for those 40 mins.

Still, I'm sure you are chuffed to come away with a point given the number of players you were missing.

Just watched the game back.

Bed now.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:12 am

yeah fab night, wanted to stay out later, but might work out for the best if I don't have a killer hangover when I get up in the morning and can actually do all my siopa Nadolig before y rygbi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:14 am

ah I did wonder what the weather was like out there MrsP.

Da iawn on the win, tis great for Ulster to get a W on the board before going back into the next round of the Heineken Smile

I will see if I can manage to watch the game in full. Really want to see how Murphy and Powell went seeing as they usually play for Llanelli RFC. This was a massive step up for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 03 Dec 2011, 1:14 am

Fair enough, i've almost finished mine: plan for tomorrow....take dog out, wash car, watch lydney with old man,watch wales, watch help for heroes, bed!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 03 Dec 2011, 4:54 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Gibson wrote:Awaiting the arrival of our Rav from Ballymoney. Then, the fun starts.
So that'll be the pair of them snoozing in the big arm chairs in the snug?

We left the kids at 2 am. They went home to bed, unable to speak English or communicate at any level.
Their Welsh was good, but they are not Welsh. Moved on to a far better place to be. Lots of fun.

Dont tell the children. It may damage their self-belief and affect their future prospects.

Tanks.

Rav and Gibbo. XX.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:12 am

Just to say, we are the sexiest team in the European village. Getting bored of it all now. We need a real challenge to take us to the next level.

Maybe join the Super-duper Top 15. Or whatever.

Spoilt brat.com.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:21 am

Morning Gibbo,
So it was a great night out. Leinster in top gear now... shut the gate!
What's the itinerary for today. Are the others awake yet?

Just watching our guys throw some wickets away. Poor Reece Young the Kiwi wicket keeper. Got a ball in his choppers... didn't look too bad in real time but when they slowed it down his nose/mouth was like a walrus sneezing. 12 stitches apparently. Ouch!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

Linebreaker wrote:Are you going to the big smoke tomorrow night Glas?

How important is the Shane Williams swansong factor? I think you guys will do well anyway... both sides are depleted yet they will throw everything at each other. I'd be happy with a narrow win again but we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, good luck and let's hope we see some scintillating stuff and the players come through unscathed!

Sorry, fell asleep after taunting Thomond. Typically he will have a quiet game and nothing will go right as he'll be trying too hard. Rugby's like that, it's like a teenager rebelling against expectation because its parents have got divorced, its goldfish has died and its lost its comfort blanket, plus it's a teacher doing the expecting (App. Notch)

I can't see us winning. It's knackered two league games and will knacker the HC head to heads, but hey, there are bureaucrats that need to be paid and committee men who need their expenses. The WRU is a teenager from a wealthy family who has their parent's ATM card and knows the pin and is feeling a little disgruntled because it wants to be a goth...etc.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:51 am

Gibson wrote:Just to say, we are the sexiest team in the European village. Getting bored of it all now. We need a real challenge to take us to the next level.

Maybe join the Super-duper Top 15. Or whatever.

Spoilt brat.com.

P.S. Micky T is a ride. All the girls and boys love him.
And Mickado tried to lure Pete the 12 year old Buachaill home to his empty bed with a Mars bar. We'll say no more than that, but it was illucidating.

Don't get carried away. You were playing the Blues and they were pants. However Jennings completely smashed them at the breakdown. I'm sorry but a vackrow of Ferris and Jennings could have me or you as a number 8 Gibbo and be the best in Europe. The only question should be Heaslip or SOB at number 8 really. And don't start me on Carr, the guy is fantastic. Every time Leinster started to fade he popped up and produced something different and got them going again. Phillip Mathews was very critical of him and Jennings. That man wouldn't know a proper player if it bit his man sausage.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:09 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all.

Glas a du wrote:I can't see us winning. It's knackered two league games and will knacker the HC head to heads, but hey, there are bureaucrats that need to be paid and committee men who need their expenses.

I can see us winning, but even if we do the WRU are morons to have scheduled it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:12 am

Like your analogies Glas Laugh

Fiji ripping through us in the 7s... heavyweights v featherweights.

Good morning Lucky. End of a very nice day here. The valley is so lush after all the rain and full of birdlife - cockatoos, galahs (new arrivals?), parrots, kookaburras, currawongs, ibis?, pigeons and those noisy minors. (I get a wide view of it all) Enough to make John Cleese very tired. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:27 am

Morning, Breaker. Sounds like you're in a beautiful part of the world there. OK

Just read back:

Dreamer, yes, I am looking forward to the Ospreys v Munster this afternoon. I'm especially looking forward to watching Matthew Morgan play; Dan Biggar has his qualities but he's not the kind of player you can get excited about.

Prop, it'll be good to meet Prop Senior!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:28 am

I took my inspiration from Notch
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:33 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Morning, Breaker. Sounds like you're in a beautiful part of the world there. OK

Just read back:

Dreamer, yes, I am looking forward to the Ospreys v Munster this afternoon. I'm especially looking forward to watching Matthew Morgan play; Dan Biggar has his qualities but he's not the kind of player you can get excited about.

Prop, it'll be good to meet Prop Senior!

Biggar excites people who are interested in people named after Scottish place names. He also excites people who get a thrill out of displays of petulance. He is very petulant. He is like a horse who speaks Russian and so doesn't like get what the horse whisperer is whispering and he doesn't help because he's got a cough.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:39 am

Whereas Matthew Morgan is like a firefly whose thorax caught fire and he's trying to fly away from himself.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:44 am

Mathew Morgan needs to play on the wing. He'd be like a pinball, but one where he didn't slow down as he went forward, perhaps if a brick was put under the back legs of the machine so it was flat, and possibly didn't move from side to side as much (the ball not the machine)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:47 am

PNG.... I mean England leading NZ in the 7s. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:51 am

England won 10-7. Hound must be happy!

Wales - Argentina up next.

Canada beat Samoa 26-17? Nice work...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:55 am

Owen B Williams splits them and goes all the way after 45 secs. The kid's got pace. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:02 am

Keep the updates coming Breaker. You provide information like your older brother's best mate, who has been to third base.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:12 am

Low scoring matches... Wales holding on to a 5-0 lead under 2 mins left.

Arghhh... try beside the posts. 7-5 with 10 seconds to go. steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:14 am

FFs breaker, how did you let that happen!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:15 am

Right, I'm going to start getting ready to head to Swonzy. Enjoy your Saturday, all!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:17 am

Pretty Poopie city.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:19 am

Enjoy your day lucky. Watch out for poorly plaiced street furniture later on.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:20 am

Do you think he'll take his pike on the train, Glas?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:21 am

Probably, he's one crazy guy like that!

What's the score now?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:25 am

7-0 to France over SA at HT.

Cup Semis:

Eng v Fiji
Arg v winner of this one

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:30 am

Argentina beating Wales a bit of a surprise. France looking good to win this game now at 12-0 up.

Morning all cuppa
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:32 am

Morning Pete Smile

Consolation try for SA, final score 19-5

So Argentina v France in the semi

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:46 am

Bit of a surprise semi final make up there to be honest breaker.

I am predicting a Fiji vs. Argentina final.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:46 am

Morning all,

I actually thought Similie number 35 was good.

Glas,

Headscratch

Wouldn't the bricks have to be under the front legs of a Pinball machine to make it flat?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:52 am

MrsP wrote:Morning all,

Glas,

Headscratch

Wouldn't the bricks have to be under the front legs of a Pinball machine to make it flat?

Exactly Mrs P. I didn't have the heart to tell him. Smile

Yeah Pete, this Dubai leg seems to produce a few surprises. Didn't Wales win it in 2009? It's good to see a couple of the big names already out of contention. I'm hoping England can also upset the Fijians. France or Argentina, either one would be OK with me but I guess I'd like to see the Pumas do well.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:53 am

Morning all,

Bit annoyed that Wales managed to lose that game actually. Was it my imagination or did they seem to let Argentina back into the game? I suppose that's what happens when it's only a one try cushion. Good game by France though.

Anyone seen Hound on the telly yet?

For what it's worth, I don't think we should be playing today either. I just hope everyone manages to stay fit (especially the Scarlets players as they've got the 'big' match next weekend.)

tomato on toast for me please as it's breakfast time and I know how much the other half loves them!!

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:01 am

Morning folks
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:06 am

Linebreaker wrote:
MrsP wrote:Morning all,

Glas,

Headscratch

Exactly Mrs P. I didn't have the heart to tell him. Smile

You two are so anthrapomorphocentric.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:16 am

"anthrapomorphocentric."

Well,

I'm pretty sure that isn't a real word in English or Irish.

So it must be Welsh....

For..

Right

Very Happy

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:47 am

Bore da/good morning all.

Should have been out tackling the siops by 9am this morning, but tooo tired. Aiming for 11am intsead.

Annoyed that Wales lost to Argentina.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:47 am

Gibson wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Gibson wrote:Awaiting the arrival of our Rav from Ballymoney. Then, the fun starts.
So that'll be the pair of them snoozing in the big arm chairs in the snug?

We left the kids at 2 am. They went home to bed, unable to speak English or communicate at any level.
Their Welsh was good, but they are not Welsh. Moved on to a far better place to be. Lots of fun.

Dont tell the children. It may damage their self-belief and affect their future prospects.

Tanks.

Rav and Gibbo. XX.

There'll be no leaving me next weekend, i'm expecting to be suffering a stinking hangover and greeted with another cider

Just polishing off my fried egg sandwich having been woken up early by the dog!! Good day ahead Very Happy

MrsP: is there a word in Welsh for right? Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:50 am

What channel is the 7s on?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

Sky Sport 1 T
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next