The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath

+12
HERSH
MBTGOG
LondonTiger
PJHolybloke
Bathite
B91212
Geordie
HongKongCherry
Bathman_in_London
yappysnap
Islingtonv2
bathmad
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bath - Page 2 Empty Bath

Post by bathmad Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Seriously worried, can't fathom what's going on. There just doesn't seem to be any direction or intensity in any of the games. Where do the problems lie?
Against Montpellier, the pace and intensity was good in the 1st half. Why can we not replicate that? When Hooper was named captain, I questioned the appointment, as I personally do not think he is in the top 2 choice of 2nd row we have at the club. It is up to him to ensure that training is high tempo and high intensity, and this is then naturally carried through to the weekend... You often hear of niggles in training in the top clubs, but that is because they are putting it all in.
As for the direction, I can't work out what the game plan is. We are sorely lacking in ball carriers, not enough pack members are carrying over the gain line (Caldwell against Montpellier was a good example of good carrying creating spaces out wide). We seem to be flinging the ball wide too quickly. Is this were a lack of head coach (Davis/Haag are decent in their chosen areas, but not as HC) is causing us problems.

Whatever the reasons, you look at some of the quality in the line up against Worcester (who probably only bettered us on paper on the wings), and performances are very poor. Geech and co need to have a serious word with the squad, would expect some enforced dropping of players from squads as a minimum.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Bath - Page 2 Empty Re: Bath

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

That rather sums up Bath as a whole
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2