The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you want from your club...?

+13
beshocked
geoff998rugby
pontylad
Breadvan
HongKongCherry
Geordie
G
red_stag
overlordofthewest
Mickado
Poorfour
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
17 posters

Go down

What do you want from your club...? Empty What do you want from your club...?

Post by maestegmafia Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:34 am

What would make you want to attend more games?

Is it just about success or is there also the entertainment factor too?

Do you like the way that your club has bought some big international names in or do you enjoy the talent that your clubs academies have developed?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

What do you want from your club...? Empty Re: What do you want from your club...?

Post by LondonTiger Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:43 am

Well I attend as many matches as I can and will continue to do so. To attend more - the club would have to lay on free transport to places like Parma & Ulster - which is unrealistic.

I would love Tigers to be able to bring in a star player every so often - but it is unworkable with the salary cap, and is rarely value for money.

I am happy with the way the squad is developed, a mix of people who came through the academy, joined as young men and those who were reasonably well established before joining.

I want my club to continue to have a solid core of English players and to continue to contribute significantly to the England squads. I do not want them to go down the SH jorneyman route ahead of promising English players just because that may improve the league position (though I do feel that any clubs should be recompensed equivalent to how many players they provide etc).

Oh and ultimately I want my team to win. The journey home is more enjoyable when they win. I would love it to be entertaining as well - but everyone has a different view on what is entertaining.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

What do you want from your club...? Empty Re: What do you want from your club...?

Post by maestegmafia Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:55 am

Nice Post LT... That is a good perspective.

It differs between the CLubs in England and the regions and Provinces in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.

Though the Salary Cap in the AP has levelled the playing field with regards to the amount of Foreign Stars that can be brought in compared to being sourced and developed through the academies.

In Wales the trend is very much for developing our local talent, this is financially implemented due to the economic restraints on Welsh rugby. Not self imposed.

I am a fan of the Ospreys, I am happy to see the team winning so often this season, I do not miss the Big Stars like Henson, Hook, Phillips, Byrne, Collins and Holah.

We still have a few International Stars left, Tommy Bowe being a big hit with the fans, particularly the ladies apparently...!

Of the Welsh Stars Matthew Morgan and Shane certainly encourage me to head to matches.

I do feel that if we had different coaches fans like myself and many friends would be far keener in our support.

Mind you when it is a big game we are all there.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

I make most home games, and usually 3 or 4 away games, plus I've been to all of Quins' knockout games in the last 4 or 5 years ( that would be 4, then). As a family, we've got 4 season tickets between us.

What do I want from my club? I want Conor O'Shea to stay indefinitely. I want the template we have to continue: a squad built around players who've grown up at Quins, playing rugby that's high tempo in attack and obdurate in defense. I want to watch players who are determined to win the next minute of the game, regardless of what's gone before. I want more memories like the ones I have of watching us play Stade Francais, and more trips like the one I made with poorfour junior to Limerick.

I want to see players whose first professional steps I've watched first hand to go on and play for England, and I want to see the youngsters who step into their shoes seize their chances. I want English players supplemented by unsung heroes like Gonzalo Camacho and Maurie Fa'asavalu, even if we can't hang onto them forever. I want a dynasty, because that's how you get long term success. I'm not that worried about trophies, because they'll follow from the rest.

I want a full Stoop with a capacity of about 20,000 (eventually). I want more bar staff who know how to pour real ale, and a real ale bar I can reach from the East Stand.

I want the Jolly Hog to go back to using larger baps.

In short, I want Quins to keep doing what they're doing. Except for the bit about the baps. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Nice reply there PoorFour

Especially about the Jolly Hog. I remember going to Quins a few seasons ago and I was recommended the Hog Roast Bap. It was excellent. I hope you get your large Baps back.

Seems to me that most of us want the same.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:01 am

Poorfour wrote:I want the Jolly Hog to go back to using larger baps.

You should be thankfull for what you have as unless it has moved somewhere I cannot see it, our hog Roast van has disappeared.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:22 am

Hmmm what do I want from my club?

I suppose that I just want them to keep doing what they’re doing, we’re HC champions, we’re (joint) top of the league, we’ve been in the league final for the last 2 years. Whatever they’re doing, it’s working. Just keep it up, and don’t fall back into the easy habit of buying crap journeymen players. Continue to develop from within, continue to improve facilities (there’s plans to rebuild the old stand in the RDS and bring the capacity up to 20k+). Keep our focus on the academy, strive for an all Leinster born and nurtured team.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 am

There's nothing that could really make me attend more games. I get to the ground when I can due to work/family etc.
What I want from the club is more of the same really. We haven't got the resources to be buying big name foreign stars so have developed a very good home grown system that was kind of forced on us a bit. A few years ago things were looking pretty bleak, the youth have now shown their worth though and it's also showing on the international stage.

Keep it up and we'll have some silverware soon.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 am

I want Munster to retain its values in home grown players and coaches. I want us to always have a chip on our shoulder about something and no matter our level of players I want our team performance to be better than the sum of our combined parts. I want the Limerick v Cork split to be maintained and I want the Schools and AIL clubs to be our first point of call. I want any NIQ signings to buy into Munster and leave an.impact.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by G Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Classical music played before the match and during half time.....

The classic opera's (Traviata ect)....

They have it for the H Cup (Heineken advertising) but I found it ft in well with the atmos.

G

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:37 pm

cheers guys some interesting posts there...

is there anymore the club could do that might make more of your Mates who don't attend games turn up more often.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Where do i start?.......

Well a decent head coach would be a start i guess....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:02 pm

At Glaws I have seen us sign the supposed superstars as well as the gritty club players and I know which one I prefer by far! All I want is to sign more players that understand how important the team is to Gloucester.

Unfortunately for me, it wouldn't make any difference what the club does as I'll be there to watch it regardless in a serious case of self flagellation!!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:15 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:At Glaws I have seen us sign the supposed superstars as well as the gritty club players and I know which one I prefer by far! All I want is to sign more players that understand how important the team is to Gloucester.
Wouldn't you be better graduating some of the academy players. The consistently good Gloucester players seem to come from within not from signings..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:36 pm

To keep the faith with the promising youngsters like Beck,Morgan,Walker,Dirksen etc

To move out of the Liberty, back to the redeveloped 16,500 all singing and dancing St Helens.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by pontylad Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 am

From my club ? A place to go on Saturday afternoon to watch rugby with my mates and get out of Christmas shopping and then enjoy a few pints forgetting about the recession ,office politics etc and to make watching the sky -plussed dancing and x -factor with mrs pontylad more tolerable when I wander home later !

Saturday afternoon being pretty crucial in the above the regions struggle to supply this to be honest.

pontylad

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 am

A place to go on Friday night....in Ulster it must be Friday night.

Entertainment is a factor.
Seeing quality youngesters develop.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 am

Simple really - I want Saracens to seal the deal for Barnet Copthall stadium.

As a fan I want to go to a proper rugby stadium which Saracens can call their own. If that happens we'll be able to call ourselves a proper London club again. All the abuse in regards to attendance and being South African will fade away as we'll have a permanent home in North London and will be able to generate significant more revenue and attract significant more support.

On the playing side I want us to keep the ball in hand a bit more, be more creative and really attack teams aggressively. I want us to target the HC semis and the English title again.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:52 am

Quins -
Better Parking Facilities - getting out of the far Rosbine carpark after a match is a nightmare!
Better Speakers in the North Stand.
Bar Staff that are efficient or a larger bar in the Quins Head, and more of the guest ales.

On the playing side - just to keep winning and developing youngsters.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:07 am

I like it, beer and parking are obviously a priority for every adult rugby fan. As is good food at a reasonably price.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 am

propdavid_london wrote:Quins -
Better Parking Facilities - getting out of the far Rosbine carpark after a match is a nightmare!
Better Speakers in the North Stand.
Bar Staff that are efficient or a larger bar in the Quins Head, and more of the guest ales.

On the playing side - just to keep winning and developing youngsters.

I am getting a bit sick of Greene King.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:32 am

I want those special pumps that can pour 8, 10 or 12 pints in one go.

It can be murder trying to get a pint prematch in the ABC bar.
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:58 am

maestegmafia wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:At Glaws I have seen us sign the supposed superstars as well as the gritty club players and I know which one I prefer by far! All I want is to sign more players that understand how important the team is to Gloucester.
Wouldn't you be better graduating some of the academy players. The consistently good Gloucester players seem to come from within not from signings..

Sorry I'd forgotten I'd commented on this! That's sort of what I meant, but as I was considering signing as brining in new players, be it via the academy or externally. Our excellent youngsters have mostly been backs that have come through the academy, so we do still need to bring in the odd player. They just need to be here to graft and not collect a pay cheque!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Yappy - thought the Gangly Ghoul was quite nice.
They do need to mix it up a bit more though!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:26 pm

I should add for Ulster - decent facilities - currently they are a joke !

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:I should add for Ulster - decent facilities - currently they are a joke !

Patience Geoff. The proposals in hand will meet with your approval I'm sure Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:18 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Sorry I'd forgotten I'd commented on this! That's sort of what I meant, but as I was considering signing as brining in new players, be it via the academy or externally. Our excellent youngsters have mostly been backs that have come through the academy, so we do still need to bring in the odd player. They just need to be here to graft and not collect a pay cheque!

Thats often the case, look at the Scarlets four great centers in two seasons, but like most clubs regions cant find a decent guy to train as a tighthead for love nor money..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down