The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas

+7
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
red_stag
Geordie
screamingaddabs
OzT
HERSH
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should this be allowed?

Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 16 ]
Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 23

Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Empty Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas

Post by HERSH Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:43 am

First topic message reminder :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15810900.stm

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

To me its just wrong, and is a kick in the teeth to all aspiring young International wannabe wingers who play Union.

Stick to League Son, MOVE! tackle MOVE! tackle MOVE! tackle MOVE! ZZZZZZ ETC..... mad furious
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas

Post by HERSH Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 am

Auck,

The rugby league world cup isn't regarded as the 3rd/4th biggest sporting event in the world whist unions world cup is, or was before NZ took it back to the dark ages with small stadiums and poor quality balls.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas - Page 2 Empty Re: Sam Tomkins to start for the Baa baas

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: Red Stag
When you say that he could be rewarded with a move to rugby union, does imply that you regard one as being superior to the other.or in other words condescending to rugby League

That wasn't what I said and you know it.

- He is a high profile player
- RU would be lucky to have him
- This is an honour to be asked to play for Baabaas
- If he was agreeing to join RU in the future I would have no problem with giving him the honour (reward) of representing the Baabaas
- I did NOT say that playing RU was a reward
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:44 am

so why use the word reward?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:46 am

why not!
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:49 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: so why use the word reward?

Read my post above. My view on it is very straightforward whether you agree or disagree. Playing for Barbarians is an honour. Rugby Union is in competition with Rugby League for top quality players. If this guy were to say "yea I'll move to Union at some stage" I would not mind if we used this honour to reward his choice, i.e. show some gratitude. However he has firmly shown himself to want to stay in RL by signing a three year deal. He should therefore not get to play for the Barbarians.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:51 am

I took rewarded in a completely different context.
If i am wrong i am more than willing to apologise to Red Stag. i'll wait and see what he says.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:55 am

red Stag
i am sorry if i offended you with the vermin bit,as i took a completely different meaning from what you were actually saying.
I dont see rugby league and rugby union in competition for players there are more than plenty for both codes.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 am

No pros Auckland - we're cool Hug
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:01 am

red stag
see here we go again, what you should say is no probos.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:07 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: red Stag
i am sorry if i offended you with the vermin bit,as i took a completely different meaning from what you were actually saying.
I dont see rugby league and rugby union in competition for players there are more than plenty for both codes.

Maybe in NZ but defo not in Oz, league gets the cream. But I am thinking even in NZ league is taking more and more players. When I saw the Oz Nz league team play here last here, after the WC win, I was struck how physical the kiwi side was, and what a loss to rugby. Oh that game ended in an honurable draw Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:13 am

Auckland I actually mistyped that last one.

Anyway - No Probos Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2