The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Feud of All Time?

+11
paulscholes
TopoftheChops
Shot 21 LCFC
Crimey
Kay Fabe
TwisT
NickisBHAFC
Adam D
legendkillar
Brady12
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Go down

Greatest Feud of All Time? Empty Greatest Feud of All Time?

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 pm

I can't say I am aware of a thread like this being created, if it has then apologise. But my brother and me were discussing the other day what our favourite feuds have been whilst watching professional. We sat and thought up may classics that I had put to the back of my mind but the one that always sticks out for me is Edge v Undertaker leading into Wrestlemania 24 and the aftermath.

Not only are these two both in my top ten of all time in regards to performers but everything about this feud was exceptional. The build up was brilliant, it was the first time that I truly felt Undertaker's streak would be broken. This was without a doubt Edge's greatest work on the mic, he played the obsessive heel perfectly and the match itself is IMO the most underrated match in Wrestlemania history.

So I put it to my fellow v2 wrestling fans to put forward their favourite feuds and what made them your favourites.

Look forward to reading the repsonses!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Greatest Feud of All Time? Empty Re: Greatest Feud of All Time?

Post by Brady12 Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 pm

Bret Hart Shawn Michaels hands down for me....

Believable rivarly stemming from professional jealous turning into genuine hatred. Two polar opposites who were the two greatest of their generation. Some may say the never had a classic match but when you consider the technique & stamina required for the iron man match & the fact they wrestled in the most talked about controversial match in WWE history

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Well I would go with these feuds:

Austin/Hart - the most enjoyable one ever for me. I felt the way that Austin was able to mock Hart at will was amazing! Bret had never had such a threat to deal with. I think post Survivor Series the feud went up several notches and the fact that Austin was attacking Hart at will despite him focusing on the title made it better and the build up to Wrestlemania 13 with Hart snapping on Raw and him and Austin going at it was brilliant. It came over so personal it was immense story telling.

Undertaker/Mankind - this was strange at the beginning. Undertaker has feuded with Kane, Austin and Edge and yet I feel his one with Mankind was the best. Purely because no-one has gotten to the Undertaker like Mankind did. With Paul Bearer turning on the deadman and I think it was during In Your House when Mankind came out of the Casket and I was like marking out WTF this guy is insane. Also never forget the match they had when Taker jumped off the top rope at the start of the match and started pummelling him in the corner. It was intense stuff.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Hobo and Lionblood on 606.

One crusading for a better world, the other one posting crap articles. (I am the first one for the record).

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Chris Jericho/HBK in 2008 was fantastic. Great bulid up, great match at night of champions.

Undertaker/Edge in 2007/08 for the reasons above really.

HHH/Stone Cold in 2000/01 - Loved every second of it end off.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:15 pm

Chris Jericho/HBK in 2008 was fantastic. Great bulid up, great match at night of champions.

Undertaker/Edge in 2007/08 for the reasons above really.

HHH/Stone Cold in 2000/01 - Loved every second of it end off.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:26 pm

I would go for Undertaker and Kane, when he first burst onto the scene.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

The Freebirds/Von Erich's
I'm a big fan of WCCW and this feud epitomised everything that was good about that orginisation, Michael PS Hayes was years ahead of his time and was the unofficial perfect leader of the antagonists to go against the local heroes

Piper/Valentine
I'm not sure if I've ever seen a more brutal feud, these guys put on a show everytime that made you think they where killing each other, truly believable

Hogan/Piper
The feud that took Pro Wrestling main stream and the center of the rock n wrestling connection, unbelievable feud that was made real life by Piper's insane intensity.

Warrior/Rude
I loved this feud, Rick Rude can take a lot of credit for Warrior's massive development in 89, their matches where of a very high standard and there SummerSlam 89 match was a corker, it was fitting that Warrior was Rudes last opponent in the WWF in the World Title main event a year later

Savage/Warrior
This should have been the main event of WM7 for the WWF Title, no if's but's or maybe's, no feud at the time was hotter, the feud itself started early in 89 shortly after Savage's heel turn, they had a run doing houses and like Rude was a massive influence on Warriors development, it got put on the backburner until late 1990 when Savage started his quest for a title shot, the feud went all the way to them having one of my personal favourite matches of all time, even a year later in a face/face feud they had unbelievable chemistry.

Taker/Mankind
For reasons listed by LK

Bret Hart/Austin
Possibly the best feud of all time, Bret was a master, for ring psychology alone he was an absolute general, Austin was just putting everything together at the time and needed that extra nudge, I don't recall Austin ever beating Hart 1on1 but it was perfection and resulted in one of the best face runs in history.

Rock/Mankind
This was one of my favourite feuds between a guy who was brilliant for way to long without getting the recognition and the new kid in town, truly brilliant feud.

Austin/McMahon
It's hard to say something thats noy been said about this

Shawn Michaels/HHH
The original leader of DX and the Kliq vs the all powerful understudy, jealousy, rage, love, hurt, this feud had every possible emotion, they did it all and more, the understanding these two had was sublime, the blood, destruction and creativity these two gave was astonishing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Gaffer mentioning the brutal feud of Piper and Valentine as made me think of another one....

Vader and Stan Hansen.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:23 pm

I was going to go for Steve Austin vs. Vince McMahon, it catapulted WWE into perhaps their best ever era and captured the audience in a way I doubt we'll ever see again in wrestling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:41 pm

Sgt Slaugter and The Iron Shiek feud in the 80's was brutal beyond belief. Sometimes I was amazed how Slaughter got out of the ring alive sometimes.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:43 pm

Austin v McMahon

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Orton vs HHH 2009

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:00 pm

1 HBK / HHH

2 HBK / Bret Hart

3 Undertaker / Mankind

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Austin V McMahon

It was a full on rivalry that lasted around 15 months. Because they only had 2 1 on 1 matches it didn't go stale.

Classic

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Lesnar and Angle was excellent in 2003. Built nicely from Survivor Series 2002 really.

Batista and HHH was simple, but effective.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Tommy Dreamer and Raven.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Austin-Rock. Both took very different career paths, but they ran mostly parallel too each other...

Survivor Series 1996 - Austin has the match of his life while the Rock debuts.

Wrestlemania 13 - Austin becomes a bonafide face despite portraying the characteristics of a heel. Rock is booed out of the building despote portraying the characteristics of a face.

Late 1997 - Austin wants nothing to do with the IC, and his beef with McMahon is building. Rock is annoited Vince's IC Champion (foreshadowing Survivor Series 1998)

Royal Rumble 1998 - They were the final two.

Summerslam 1998 - Austin beats Undertaker cementing his place as the unstoppable face. Rock drops the IC title (to HHH) in a classic ladder match that propels him to the top.

Survivor Series 1998 - Austin is screwed over by the McMahons in the very Title tournament that Rock wins via McMahon screwjob. Austin's fued with McMahon goes to another level as Rock is made the Corporate Champion.

Wrestlemania 1999 - Austin takes down Rock for the title.

Backlash 2000 - Rock is fighting a losing war against the McMahon-Helmsley regime. Who has got his back? Austin.

September 2000 - Austin comes back from a career threatening injury to find the WWF has changed and Rock is now the man.

Royal Rumble 2001 - With both men desperately trying to regain the WWF title, they meet as two of the last 3 in the Rumble.

Wrestlemania 17 - Rock is the man and Austin can't beat him anymore so now its Austin's turn to take a shortcut or two.

July 2001 - Austin has gone off the deepend switching to WCW, McMahon realises the only man to stop him is The Rock.

Survivor Series 2001 - With everything on the line, it comes down to Austin-Rock yet again.

Finally Wrestlemania 19 - Rock comes back and wants only one thing, to prove he can beat Austin straight up 1 on 1 at the biggest show of the year.

Intentionally or not, the fact that they crossed each other's paths so many times at so many different and significant points helps to emphasise the point that they were the best and the reason they hated each other was because they knew beating the other was the way to prove it.

In simple terms, a rivalry about being no.1 no matter what. Something I think everyone can get into.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down