The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked...

+22
GunsGerms
mystiroakey
rainbow-warrior
fa0019
George Carlin
aucklandlaurie
Rory_Gallagher
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Glas a du
disneychilly
Biltong
chewed_mintie
Gatts
Taylorman
EngInAuck
Breadvan
Davie
Cymroglan
majesticimperialman
emack2
maestegmafia
kiakahaaotearoa
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked... - Page 2 Empty Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked...

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

And attacks two patrons. It would be safe to assume this boy has a drinking problem. He lost his father a couple of years ago and he´s only 22 but he needs to face up to this problem. The NZRFU is taking the approach that the kid needs help and instead of disciplining him will try to find ways to help him. Whilst I think that approach is admirable in some ways, I can´t help but think it sends out the wrong message in other ways. Rugby is supposed to be a thugs´game played by gentlemen but drinking is often a way those very gentlemen can slip all too easily into being thugs again.

Guilford is representative of the AB jersey. This kind of behaviour is unacceptable. Should he escape punishment? How big a problem is drinking in the rugby culture?

Last edited by kiakahaaotearoa on Sun 13 Nov 2011, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked... - Page 2 Empty Re: Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked...

Post by AlastairW Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:19 am

mystiroakey wrote:Alistair - Zac should get punished for gbh yes- but thats a criminal matter. but i doubt he will get punished to the full extent- that would mean jail time!!

I'm a bit merciless when it comes to full contact sportsmen who use that advantage to go out and bash people - they can make a serious mess of someone. It is bullying, plain & simple. If he's crossed the line and serves jail time, so be it.

The alcoholism is terribly sad though, as is losing your dad at 20. I sincerely hope he receives help, and it is good to see him being helped. It's that kind of team attitude that i've always admired the AB's for.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked... - Page 2 Empty Re: Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked...

Post by mystiroakey Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:26 am

well going to jail could push the lad back 3 years.. The help he needs isnt just from the AB's its from everyone else around him as well.. And i am sure he will get it- IF HE WANTS IT!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

mystiroakey wrote:IF HE WANTS IT!!

Yeah, there's the crux.

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 24 Jan 2013, 6:51 am

He appears to be somewhat easily lead after a few beers, maybe he needs that old influence that Peter Russell says that he can give him at the Newcastle Falcons.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:25 am

mystiroakey wrote:well going to jail could push the lad back 3 years.. The help he needs isnt just from the AB's its from everyone else around him as well.. And i am sure he will get it- IF HE WANTS IT!!

He won't go to jail, not in NZ, home detention and made to utilise the alcohol and drug support services. He is not a violent lad when sober as his record shows in rugby, alcohol changes him so the root problem needs to be addressed. Quits the booze for good, he will do ok. thumbsup
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:31 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
He appears to be somewhat easily lead after a few beers, maybe he needs that old influence that Peter Russell says that he can give him at the Newcastle Falcons.

We're not a huge club...but its a very close family type club. And we have everything here...from nice city...to beautiful countryside and coast in litterally two mins drive.

Carl Hayman loved it here for his surfing etc.
But we do have a big reuptation for the love of partying up here...thats the only thing that could be issue....though not if he has Russell and Deano watching him.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:45 am

Russell and Guilford go back a long way, They spent years as coach and player in the Hawkws bay ITM cup side.

It brings a smile picturing Deano watching over guilfoed every time he wants to go for a drink... I presume your talking about Dean Richards?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 25 Jan 2013, 8:55 am

Zac Guilford walks into a bar naked...

Every time I see this heading, I em expecting this thread to provide a joke or two.

Sadly it doesn't.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:18 am

Yes Auckland Dean Richards...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

We're not a huge club...but its a very close family type club. And we have everything here...from nice city...to beautiful countryside and coast in litterally two mins drive.

Carl Hayman loved it here for his surfing etc.
But we do have a big reuptation for the love of partying up here...thats the only thing that could be issue....though not if he has Russell and Deano watching him.

So Newcastle a little like NZ then when it comes to scenery and rugby clubs Laugh
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

Pretty much mate Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Jan 2013, 3:03 am

well hes out of one camp and into another...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/8227459/Crusaders-Zac-Guildford-to-seek-treatment

Had to happen. Better to deal with it completely now than keep pushing it to the side. Good luck Zac...kia kaha and we'll see you on the field when youre well and ready.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2