The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would benefit from a change of scenery?

+7
Kay Fabe
Crimey
MetalMotty
Luke
Adam D
Korankye88
TwisT
11 posters

Go down

Who would benefit from a change of scenery?  Empty Who would benefit from a change of scenery?

Post by TwisT Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:44 pm

Following on from Hero's poll today, I would be interested to see who you guys think would benefit from jumping ship from WWE to TNA, or TNA to WWE.

This isn't about who you would LIKE to see change promotions. More, who you would think would benefit career wise.

I will give examples of some good and bad transitions:

TNA to WWE

Good: R-Truth and Christian (yes I know they were in the WWE previously, but the stint with TNA elevated them to be called up by the WWE again and expanded their appeal)

Bad - Low-Ki/Kaval

WWE to TNA

Good: Matt Morgan

Bad: Flair (had financial reasons to go on I know, but his retirement by WWE should have been the ending on a great career)

So who out of the current roster on both sides, would benefit from crossing over? Please take into consideration if either companies actually would hire them, if their gimmick would need to change, whether they would need to go into development (to learn how to wrestle the wwe way for example) and where they would fit in the other sides roster standing.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Who would benefit from a change of scenery?  Empty Re: Who would benefit from a change of scenery?

Post by Korankye88 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

I would say Bobby Roode, once hes more established by TNA (lets hope they actually establish him) in about 4-5 years Then your top guys could be Ziggler, Rhodes, Roode.

Great wrestlers who do steal the show on numerous occasions in my opinion
Korankye88
Korankye88

http://www.korankye-entertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Who would benefit from a change of scenery?  Empty Re: Who would benefit from a change of scenery?

Post by Adam D Tue 08 Nov 2011, 2:16 pm

I would disagree about Flairs move being bad.

For the large part, Flair has been more entertaining than he has been for the last 3 years of his WWE run and he has barely wrestled.

His mic work has been incredibly effective and has been a good acquisition for TNA IMO

To answer the question though, Samoa Joe to WWE and John Morrison to TNA

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:39 pm

I think both John Morrison & Kofi Kingston could do with a change, to freshen them up.

Samoa Joe certainley, as he done everything in TNA, and possably AJ Styles.

Also think that the Briscoes, Kings of Wrestling, should be given a mainstream chance, As both TNA & WWE tag teams division are in need of fresh blood.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:42 pm

id agree with tigerrobins.

Samoa Joe is not being used right in TNA the last year or so, what happened to the monster submission machine that used to dominate matches, instead hes been turned into a stalker like guy in a fued with the pope and been beat by everyone in the bound for glory series.

Think he would do well in WWE even as unbeatable badass or even as a bodyguard/enforcer role to start. obviuosly him and CM punk go back dso could be some good matches there. Hopefully with Austin bigging him up recently may see him move across

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

I would never, ever trust WWE to book Samoa Joe.

I think John Morrison would benefit the most from moving to TNA.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

I think he's got more chance in the WWE than he does as Johnny Impact to be honest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

TNA to WWE - Kurt Angle. He is not getting any younger but atm is still a very good superstar so i would move him before its too late in my view

WWE to TNA - Well funny enough i know he has already left the wwe and heading to TNA but i would say Chris Masters

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 08 Nov 2011, 7:04 pm

TNA to WWE

I'd say Crimson. Bit left field but he could be the next big thing, just have a sneaking suspicion that TNA will muck up his push

WWE to TNA

Um, much harder this way but someone like Kofi Kingston could do well there. If only as he'd be coming in with the big name factor that TNA loves so much

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

To TNA:

Evan Bourne, the guy's a shadow of his indy self. He has one move and is the most vanilla babyface I think I can recall. In TNA he could be a cocky heel in the X Division.

To WWE:

AJ Styles. He's the natural successor to HBK, the Hogan era has knocked him down to the mid card but he's the perfect look to sell WWE posters by the bucket load.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

I'd like to see Matt Sydal as that cocky heel but I think Austin Aries has that spot sown up in TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

I think with the success Aries has had TNA will do the usual and turn him face soon enough ala Pope ala Anderson ala pretty much anyone that does well as a heel.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

Those guys wanted to be faces though, they would do all they could to get the fans interacting with them, you can tell they came through the WWE with their train of thought, Aries has a whole different approach to the fans, which I like

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

Definitely agree with the above on Morrison to TNA, I think he would shrive there. Would come to see Austin Aries and Matt Morgan come back to the 'E if used correctly, which I think is a possibility.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down