The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Joe Hart England's most important player?

Go down

Is Joe Hart England's most important player? Empty Is Joe Hart England's most important player?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Undoubtedly England's number one is Joe but what if, god forbid, he suffers a major injury and is ruled out of the Euro's? Who do we go with? Paul Robinson and Ben Foster have both made their beds regarding internation football which leaves us with Scot Carson, Robert Green and David Stockdale. With all due respect to those three not one of them are elite international class.

Historically England have always been blessed with exceptional Goalkeepers and there was a time when any of the three squad members could slot in and do a competent job for the national side. Now....

In my opinion Wayne Rooney is Englands best player but most important? No!! It has to be Joe.

Also it will be interesting to see whether Robinson and/or Foster make themselves available again when the next manager takes his post. Would you offer either of them a route back in? I'm not so sure I would but I am one stubborn son of a gun! Time will tell.

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

Is Joe Hart England's most important player? Empty Re: Is Joe Hart England's most important player?

Post by Fernando Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:38 pm

In recent weeks mistakes have started to creep into Joe's game but then all keepers do over time.

Honestly if i was manager even if Robinson/Foster decided they wanted to play for England again id tell them where to shove it.

It would be a very big blow if Joe got injured but then again all 3 you've mentioned on their day's can be world class

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Is Joe Hart England's most important player? Empty Re: Is Joe Hart England's most important player?

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:46 pm

fernando wrote:In recent weeks mistakes have started to creep into Joe's game but then all keepers do over time.

Honestly if i was manager even if Robinson/Foster decided they wanted to play for England again id tell them where to shove it.

It would be a very big blow if Joe got injured but then again all 3 you've mentioned on their day's can be world class

I think with GK's it's a confidence thing more than ability factor. I've seen Rob Green play some blinders. I remember him shutting out Arsenal at the Emirates a few years back and he looked simply unbeatable. But whether that USA gaff is out of his head when he pulls on an England shirt is another thing altogether.

The one thing is always liked about David James was that no matter how many mistakes he made he never hid and it's almost as if he never suffered psychologically. I haven't seen much of David Stockdale but apparently Fulham rate him highly hence why they never sold him and only loaned him out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down