The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list

3 posters

Go down

Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list  Empty Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list

Post by Fernando Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:13 pm

Les Davies, a 27-year-old winger who is a cult hero for his club Bangor City, has made it on to the 32-man list of players nominated for UEFA's best player in Europe award.

Davies is rubbing shoulders with the likes of Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta and Cristiano Ronaldo on the list with the award ceremony to take place on August 30 in Monaco.

The long-list was drawn up by one selected journalist from each UEFA member country voting for their five best players, and even a single nomination - believed to be from the Welsh journalist who voted - was enough to earn Davies a place on the long-list.

Davies admitted he was stunned to be included among such illustrious company.

'I'm flattered and honoured to be on such a list. I can't get my head round what's happened in the last few days,' he told Sky Sports News.

'I don't think it is going to sink in for a long time...to be on the list with those people is unbelievable. Just to be nominated in the 32 is fantastic. I'll take that - I don't think I've got much of a chance to make the top three!'

Barcelona star Messi won the inaugural award last year, but he'll no doubt be sweating now he's seen Davies' name alongside his.
THE 32-PLAYER LONG LIST:

Aguero (Man City), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Balotelli (Man City), Blaszczykowski (Borussia Dortmund), Buffon (Juventus), Casillas (Real Madrid), Cech (Chelsea), Coentrao (Real Madrid), Davies (Bangor), Drogba (Shanghai Shenhua), Fabregas (Barcelona), Falcao (Atletico Madrid), Hart (Man City), Ibrahimovic (AC Milan), Iniesta (Barcelona), Kagawa (Man Utd), Kompany (Man City), Lampard (Chelsea), Messi (Barcelona), Modric (Tottenham), Ozil (Real Madrid), Pepe (Real Madrid), Pirlo (Juventus), Ramos (Real Madrid), Raul (Al-Sadd Sports Club), Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Rooney (Man Utd), Silva (Man City), Torres (Chelsea), Y Toure (Man City). van Persie (Arsenal), Xavi (Barcelona).

Source:Daily Mail

Shame this isn't a public vote im sure someone would start a campaign for him to win.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list  Empty Re: Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list

Post by John Cregan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:22 pm

And look, Torres is there also Laugh

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list  Empty Re: Welsh League Player makes European player of the year list

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm

The thing is, he only scored 12 goals last season. Hardly amazing lol. How on earth, the mind just boggles
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down