The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best?

4 posters

Go down

Which Fallout Is The Best

Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_lcap25%Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_lcap75%Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_lcap0%Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Empty Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best?

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Oct 2011, 2:09 am

Perhaps these types of games only really appeal to the *Ahem* more hardcore gamers.

The Xbox 360 and Ps3 versions of a first player mode have been enjoyable and relatively challenging however in my opinion have got nothing on the original turn based play of Fallout.

Difficult to rate as to which I find the best one, because in my opinion they were all near perfection in there own way. In terms of story line and the way it was done, however, I know which one was my least favourite and partially because it was slightly different to the other two I would have to say Fallout: Tactics was the worst.

But this leaves the other 2. Playing these games for the very first time was so amazing, but the second and third time around you realise all the little things you missed and I find myself going around trying to find all the little pieces that have been left.

The first Fallout I had never played anything like it at the time, a game where you have so many different choices to make and with such a huge world to explore seemed incredible. However for me the 2nd one, Fallout 2 surpassed it, everything that Fallout did a bit poor on, Fallout 2 ironed it out, everything that Fallout 1 did well Fallout 2 did that little bit better.

What do you think, if there are any here that actually played these.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Empty Re: Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best?

Post by Dass Wed 26 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

Fallout 2 is the best of any of the series and that includes the more recent additions to the genre also. You pretty much gave the reasons in your post, it just did everything the first game did but that little bit better. The removal of the timer in the second game was also a master stroke allowing you to more freely marvel at the world without that rushed feeling the original gave at times. I could see what they were trying to do with the timer but it was better in theory than in practice.

A truly wonderful couple of games and only surpassed by one other of their creations.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best? Empty Re: Original Fallout - PC - Which One Was Best?

Post by Marky Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:09 pm

I adore Fallout 2. Agree with above comments that Fallout 2 was basically Fallout 1 with everything that was flawed, fixed. Was disappointed with Fallout Tactics, was hoping it would be Fallout 2 with a new storyline but it ruined it for me.

In a way, I just can't get into Fallout 3 or New Vegas because it's not Fallout. Fallout 2 is the only reason I still keep my Windows 98 PC out, something to turn to when the TV is boring and the Xbox games get too much usage.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/fallout_2

The above is a link Marky to Fallout 2 made Vista/7/XP compatible for only $6, just an idea if you ever want to put that Win98 PC away. Very Happy

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm

Cheers, I might just do that thumbsup

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:23 pm

I use the site all the time for older games and at the prices its more than worth being able to play them on a current PC without any problems I find.

Anyone ever play the game Black Isle surpassed Fallout with in Planescape Torment?.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:46 pm

Heard about it Dass but never got round to it, I will most certainly give it a go however. Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 27 Oct 2011, 7:43 pm

Never had a PC when Fallout was out, loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas for the Xbox though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down