The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "G" Man KARMA?

+24
Super D Boon
trottb
Rowley
milkyboy
Dass
Boxtthis
Valero's Conscience
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
huw
Jimmythebullet
bhb001
joeyjojo618
paul12342
Happytravelling
John Bloody Wayne
Waingro
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
Nico the gman
Bob
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The "G" Man KARMA? - Page 2 Empty The "G" Man KARMA?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Gerald McClellan, the 1 time middleweight champion of the world, has rightfully received a lot of sympathy for the horrendous injuries he received at the hands of Britain's Nigal Benn back in 1995. McClellan, a once brilliant hard punching fighter, is now cared for full time by his angelic sisters back in Florida. I never knew much about the G man before or after THAT fight but recently my view of him has changed.

According to some very close sources Gerald was a mean spirited guy and from the sounds of it a little disturbed. These accounts that Gerald McClellan was heavily involved in a sport that I personally find abhorrent, the sport of dog fighting. I was very shocked when I read what I did but will provide the source so you can read it yourself....

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,583541,00.html

Now if all this is true then what ever sympathy I had for the g man has withered away a little as he is going through something truly terrible and heart felt. How do you guys feel about it, considering this man is a hero to many.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The "G" Man KARMA? - Page 2 Empty Re: The "G" Man KARMA?

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

Man sausage fighting? What a strange filter.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 1:43 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Read all the stuff on G-man before so just like most everyone I don't really care about him being in his current state. Roy Jones Jnr likes man sausage fighting and he's going the right direction towards brain damage. Maybe there is a God and people do get punished for their sins.

Since we like boxing are we not as bad?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:10 pm

huw wrote:OK, now I'm not a fan of dog fighting but at the end of the day he was a fighter that was trained to beat up on to the risk of killing another man in the name of entertainment.

Some dogs are fighting dogs, some men are fighting men.

Feel as a boxing fan there isn't a great deal I can say against dog fighting, I can just not watch it.

Something like 80% of boxers end up damaging their brains for my entertainment, I can't really take the moral high ground here.

How rich are you? You have men fight til they are brain damaged for your entertainment. Are you some rich dictator? Cause those guys are becoming an endagered species you know.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

jimdig wrote:
huw wrote:OK, now I'm not a fan of dog fighting but at the end of the day he was a fighter that was trained to beat up on to the risk of killing another man in the name of entertainment.

Feel as a boxing fan there isn't a great deal I can say against dog fighting, I can just not watch it.

Something like 80% of boxers end up damaging their brains for my entertainment, I can't really take the moral high ground here.

How rich are you? You have men fight til they are brain damaged for your entertainment. Are you some rich dictator? Cause those guys are becoming an endagered species you know.

I am now don't mess or I'll have you silenced!!!

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

huw wrote:
jimdig wrote:

I am now don't mess or I'll have you silenced!!!

Apologies Sir

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:08 pm

huw wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Read all the stuff on G-man before so just like most everyone I don't really care about him being in his current state. Roy Jones Jnr likes man sausage fighting and he's going the right direction towards brain damage. Maybe there is a God and people do get punished for their sins.

Surely a huge element you take away with dogs fighting is their choice in the matter? The boxers we watch choose to fight whereas the poor mutts don't.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

Just playing devils advocate for a moment.

Dogs choose to fight don’t they? They are just put together and they fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

The fact is dogs are manipulated into fighting each other. Men can choose to fight or choose not to fight. We can all choose to fight each other in a ring with our fists or we can choose to fight each other on 606v2 with our remarks. We have a choice.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
huw wrote:

Surely a huge element you take away with dogs fighting is their choice in the matter? The boxers we watch choose to fight whereas the poor mutts don't.

Certain dogs are bred as fighting dogs, it is in their nature (I know all dogs can be lovely if raised correctly etc etc) in the same way some people are natural fighters. You could also say that someone with no other opportunities that can fight doesn't have any other options than to fight in order to feed his family.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

huw wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:
huw wrote:

Certain dogs are bred as fighting dogs, it is in their nature (I know all dogs can be lovely if raised correctly etc etc) in the same way some people are natural fighters. You could also say that someone with no other opportunities that can fight doesn't have any other options than to fight in order to feed his family.

But this person is not forcibly put into a ring/arena without knowing what is going on. Bit ridiculous to compare a persons choice with forcing dogs to fight. If they met in the wild then fair enough but this i not the case is it.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:30 pm

Still makes the dogs manipulated to fight for our "pleasure". When we watch boxers fight they are still fighting out of a choice to do so. They chose to fight rather than try to see a friendly person in a job centre and maybe they can get on a course to learn to be a welder or something. There's always a choice. You can say some people's choices are diminished due to their individual circumstances but this isn't nearly the same as the situation as a fighting dog.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

How can we compare a boxer with a fighting dog I do not know. Doh

Are we really doing this?

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:38 pm

Super D Boon wrote:How can we compare a boxer with a fighting dog I do not know. Doh

Are we really doing this?

I just don't feel there is a huge difference in watching a boxer get damaged beyond repair / risk death in a fight for entertainment and a dog fight.

Would never chose to watch a dog fight personally, it wouldn't appeal to me in any way. The same with bull fighting / cockerill fighting.

Yet when I see some of the damage done to the boxers that I have cheered on over the years, there is a part of me that feels guilty.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

Why?? Did you force a boxer to get into a ring without them knowing what was going on? No, they got in that ring knowing the risks plus the glory/fame/money that goes with all that, couldn't be more different.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:03 pm

Yeah Huw I think you're missing the point with regards to choice. We choose to watch boxing and boxers choose to fight each other for our amsusement, in return for money and stardom. Not the same at all.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

trottb wrote:Why?? Did you force a boxer to get into a ring without them knowing what was going on? No, they got in that ring knowing the risks plus the glory/fame/money that goes with all that, couldn't be more different.

But if there was no audience there would be no fight.

The same as all these 'celebs' that are famous for being famous, if people stopped buying the magazines that they are always in there would be no use for them and they would no longer be famous.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

Yeah I agree you could say that about any sport or other form of entertainment.

What that has to do with comparing watching boxing, with fighters who choose to get in a ring and fight, to dog fighting is beyond me.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:12 pm

Super D Boon wrote:Yeah Huw I think you're missing the point with regards to choice. We choose to watch boxing and boxers choose to fight each other for our amsusement, in return for money and stardom. Not the same at all.

OK, yet I do feel that someone who was into dog fighting would be able to put up a decent argument in favour of it as a 'sport'.

There is a level of brutality in boxing however and although I do see a line I'm also sure many other people would say that boxing crosses that line.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

huw wrote:
Super D Boon wrote:Yeah Huw I think you're missing the point with regards to choice. We choose to watch boxing and boxers choose to fight each other for our amsusement, in return for money and stardom. Not the same at all.

OK, yet I do feel that someone who was into dog fighting would be able to put up a decent argument in favour of it as a 'sport'.

I once played a silly boxed game thing and we had to name sports for each letter of the alphabet, when we came to "Q" someone said "Queer bashing". I'm sure you could put up an argument for that to be a sport so long as there's an audience for it. Don't make it right though.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

Never seen Monzon-Griffith?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:43 pm

Quidditch?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

Quad racing?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 25 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

Quarry building?

Quicksand escaping?

Quiet sex?

Quincey mincing of meat?

There's loads, c'mon man

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 25 Oct 2011, 5:00 pm

I think Queer Bashing is the most legit sport out of that lot.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:46 pm

The article seems to have been taken from the book "war, Baby" by the same author. I would highy recomend it - contains interviews from pretty much everyone involved in the fight.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 25 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

horizontalhero wrote:The article seems to have been taken from the book "war, Baby" by the same author. I would highy recomend it - contains interviews from pretty much everyone involved in the fight.

Yeah it's a decent book, very informative. Let down a bit by the stupid dream sequences though.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Wed 26 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

He just wasn't a nice bloke. I know fighters trash talk, but the bile he spewed over and over before the Benn fight was not only distasteful it was also ironic in the end. It was obvious Benn DID NOT take it as a bit of prefight ticket selling. He was pretty bitter for a while after. It was only a year ago he conceded and did anything for McClellan, despite his family hounding Benn. Which was sad to subject Benn to that but you can understand their view point. King wasn't going to cough up. In fact I think McClellan was one of the many fighters he ripped off. For millions if my memory serves me right.

On the subject of Manny. Chicken fighting is the national sport of the Philippines. He sponsors a number of pits there... and its very popular in most of SE Asia.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2