The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "G" Man KARMA?

+24
Super D Boon
trottb
Rowley
milkyboy
Dass
Boxtthis
Valero's Conscience
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
huw
Jimmythebullet
bhb001
joeyjojo618
paul12342
Happytravelling
John Bloody Wayne
Waingro
The Galveston Giant
Michaels, Sean
Nico the gman
Bob
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BALTIMORA
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The "G" Man KARMA? Empty The "G" Man KARMA?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Gerald McClellan, the 1 time middleweight champion of the world, has rightfully received a lot of sympathy for the horrendous injuries he received at the hands of Britain's Nigal Benn back in 1995. McClellan, a once brilliant hard punching fighter, is now cared for full time by his angelic sisters back in Florida. I never knew much about the G man before or after THAT fight but recently my view of him has changed.

According to some very close sources Gerald was a mean spirited guy and from the sounds of it a little disturbed. These accounts that Gerald McClellan was heavily involved in a sport that I personally find abhorrent, the sport of dog fighting. I was very shocked when I read what I did but will provide the source so you can read it yourself....

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,583541,00.html

Now if all this is true then what ever sympathy I had for the g man has withered away a little as he is going through something truly terrible and heart felt. How do you guys feel about it, considering this man is a hero to many.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The "G" Man KARMA? Empty Re: The "G" Man KARMA?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:07 pm

He wasn't brilliant and like John Mugabi his record was built around fighters like Jackson and the beast himself who were there to hit....

Quality for sure and we are all sorry he's like he is..but save words like brilliant for other fighters..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Compelling reading. If it's true about his sadistic streak, then sure, he loses a lot of respect. Still unfortunate what became him though.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 pm

He was a guy who enjoyed violence.....had a mean streak in him for sure onetwo..however you have to have sympathy for his predicament..

Although I imagine he'd be a lot more interesting to read on here like he is ...than some of the puerile. immature hit and run merchants we have already..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:17 pm

Yeah I agree I wont slate the guy in the condition he is in but if true he sounded like a real a-hole to be honest. The story about taping a dogs jaws shut so his own pitt bull could practice ripping it to shreds as he stood back and filmed got my blood boiling.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm

I've read stuff about him being an a-hole before. Doesn't mean he got his comeuppance in some sort of karmic order though. Wouldn't wish his situation on your worst enemy.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:19 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Yeah I agree I wont slate the guy in the condition he is in but if true he sounded like a real a-hole to be honest. The story about taping a dogs jaws shut so his own pitt bull could practice ripping it to shreds as he stood back and filmed got my blood boiling.
Behaviour like that is disgusting and sadistic. If that part is true then it makes McLellan a sick, twisted individual. Subsequent misfortunes can never alter that fact. I'll add though that as Sugar Boy says, what happened is not something I'd wish on many people.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Surely we could only determine whether this truly is karma by seeing what he is reborn as in the next life?

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:I've read stuff about him being an a-hole before. Doesn't mean he got his comeuppance in some sort of karmic order though. Wouldn't wish his situation on your worst enemy.

Sounds like a man who had no value for living creatures at all, I am sorry Sweetie but we all feel pain including animals,

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Last time I felt pain was when I got a spinning back fist in the nose... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Last time I felt pain was when I got a spinning back fist in the nose... Cool

Is Balti's hand ok?

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm

Bob wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Last time I felt pain was when I got a spinning back fist in the nose... Cool

Is Balti's hand ok?
I'm a lover not a fighter.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:

Is Balti's hand ok?

A lover of Trussy?

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:02 pm

McClellan sounds like his been a lovely fella, the type that should have been put on a shooting range and used for practice.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Bob wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Bob wrote:

Is Balti's hand ok?

A lover of Trussy?
I doubt even his parents could manage that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was a guy who enjoyed violence.....had a mean streak in him for sure onetwo..however you have to have sympathy for his predicament..

Although I imagine he'd be a lot more interesting to read on here like he is ...than some of the puerile. immature hit and run merchants we have already..

Met Jones in the amateurs and left a mark on him. Another one for Jones'ss 'avoid at all costs' list......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:13 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:I've read stuff about him being an a-hole before. Doesn't mean he got his comeuppance in some sort of karmic order though. Wouldn't wish his situation on your worst enemy.

Sounds like a man who had no value for living creatures at all, I am sorry Sweetie but we all feel pain including animals,

Of course. He seems like an a-hole to me and I'd never condone cruelty to animals, but I still dont believe he deserves his situation because of it- if it hadn't happened he may have changed his ways, become a better person, made amends, found god etc - people do it every day. I value human life above animals and I dont believe in karma - think we're getting into Glenn Hoddle territory with this.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:15 pm

And on topic, so what he arranged dog fights.... I'm an animal lover but this stuff happens. Grand National cruel? Maybe..... man sausage fighting cruel, maybe. Bull fighting cruel, yes. Give the guy a break, he set a couple of 'attack' dogs on each other. Doesn't mean he deserved brain damage.

man sausage fighting? c0ck fighting i meant

Last edited by Michaels, Sean on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swear filter being pedantic)
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:And on topic, so what he arranged dog fights.... I'm an animal lover but this stuff happens. Grand National cruel? Maybe..... man sausage fighting cruel, maybe. Bull fighting cruel, yes. Give the guy a break, he set a couple of 'attack' dogs on each other. Doesn't mean he deserved brain damage.

man sausage fighting? c0ck fighting i meant
Course not, but I think you're simplifying it a bit. Setting a pitbull on a Labrador isn't even the same as a 'legit' dogfight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:28 pm

The G Man did have dogs that took part in dog fighting. Boxers come from lower class areas were the likes of dog fighting originates. I don't like dog fighting but the man ended up a cabbage in a boxing ring, i'm sure there's better things to be said about him. If it's Karma that made him a vegetable then i could be in trouble also.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm

More fair than feeding your snake a live mouse? Things should be put into perspective. Not pretty but in the big picture not any worse thAn battery chicken farming and I'm sure a lot of people on here have had a kfc
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:The G Man did have dogs that took part in dog fighting. Boxers come from lower class areas were the likes of dog fighting originates. I don't like dog fighting but the man ended up a cabbage in a boxing ring, i'm sure there's better things to be said about him. If it's Karma that made him a vegetable then i could be in trouble also.

Did you fry ants with a magnifying glass as well?

Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:More fair than feeding your snake a live mouse? Things should be put into perspective. Not pretty but in the big picture not any worse thAn battery chicken farming and I'm sure a lot of people on here have had a kfc

Snakes have to eat mate so feeding it is not that bad imo but making dogs kill each other just for your enjoyment is far worse. All those sports should be banned imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:The G Man did have dogs that took part in dog fighting. Boxers come from lower class areas were the likes of dog fighting originates. I don't like dog fighting but the man ended up a cabbage in a boxing ring, i'm sure there's better things to be said about him. If it's Karma that made him a vegetable then i could be in trouble also.

Did you fry ants with a magnifying glass as well?

Very Happy Something like that.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Waingro wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:More fair than feeding your snake a live mouse? Things should be put into perspective. Not pretty but in the big picture not any worse thAn battery chicken farming and I'm sure a lot of people on here have had a kfc

Snakes have to eat mate so feeding it is not that bad imo but making dogs kill each other just for your enjoyment is far worse. All those sports should be banned imo.

They are mate. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as what it would have been in the late Eighties early Nineties, they cracked down on it big time.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Had one yesterday as it happens - fillet zinger tower meal, lovely. Tried the so called Godfather before but it was pish poor.

Manny Pacquiao breeds fighting c0cks - they fight with razor blades tied to their legs - it's usually a bloodbath and just about the most cruel 'sport' imaginable, should he be vegetabalised in the ring as retribution? I smashed the feck out of a wasp the other day, should I? Where do you draw the line with all this BS.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Waingro wrote:

You ever been fishing? Too many do gooders. They're animals. Not nice but this stuff happens all the time and more often than not is part of a culture. IMO
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I do a lot of fishing and when you really think about it it's not very nice, pretending to the fish they have a free meal before striking your rod and hooking them in the mouth, then reel them in when they are trying to swim away, before they eventually lie at your feet Flip. But i love fishing. I would never fight dogs though nor can i watch it. Dogs are obviously man's best friend and i don't know if it's because we feel they have more feelings than other animals that it's so cruel.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:53 pm

It's not too relevant to compare the value of one animal over the other, as -whether this is right or wrong - we live in a society where it is seen as OK to do somethings and not OK to do others. Gerald apparently gleefully indulged in the not OK. Whether you agree with taping a labbys mouth shut and setting a pitbull on it is, at it's base, worse than eating meat, it does reflect on one's character in comparison to the way everyone else treats animals.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm

I dont know why people get so worked up over animals anyway. Personally I'd like to see every endangered species wiped off the face of the earth.

People say whales are more intelligent than humans. Are they? Whales are fecking stupid. Can you mention one whale in the history of mankind that has had a record in the top ten? Can you mention one whale who's written the equivalent of 'Othello'? They've produced nothing in the way of literature. All they've fecking produced is a load of other whales and all they eat is fecking plankton, and they call them intelligent. Can you imagine drifting along in the sea with your mouth open and a lot of fecking plankton going in? They're such pr**ks they can't even breathe underwater. They have to keep coming up the whole time and spouting. Then some pr**k comes on telly and he says, "Oh, the whale is being wiped out by mankind, save the whales." Well, during the war, did we notice a lot of whales rallying round and saying, "Save England!" I didn't notice many down my part of the world. I didn't see whales coming up with Union Jacks saying, "We'll fight the Boche". No, they were doing feck all, just swimming around the fecking sea sucking fecking plankton down. Pr**ks.

Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Unlike anybody on here, I vividly remember the build up to the Benn fight. McClellan's prefight interviews were disgusting. I saw a couple and both were full of comments like "I'm going to kill Benn infront of his family", "I am going to put him in hospital for good". Some of the worst prefight interviews I've ever seen. Ironic considering... Sadly, his family got caught in between that and his even more rutheless manager. With no compo coming from King they turned their attention to someone who stood a chance of caring, Benn. Was awful to see them try to blame him. Especially after what their brother had said before the fight. Benn was obviously disgusted by what McClellan had said and tried to have nothing to do with it. But eventually yielded.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:I dont know why people get so worked up over animals anyway. Personally I'd like to see every endangered species wiped off the face of the earth.

People say whales are more intelligent than humans. Are they? Whales are fecking stupid. Can you mention one whale in the history of mankind that has had a record in the top ten? Can you mention one whale who's written the equivalent of 'Othello'? They've produced nothing in the way of literature. All they've fecking produced is a load of other whales and all they eat is fecking plankton, and they call them intelligent. Can you imagine drifting along in the sea with your mouth open and a lot of fecking plankton going in? They're such pr**ks they can't even breathe underwater. They have to keep coming up the whole time and spouting. Then some pr**k comes on telly and he says, "Oh, the whale is being wiped out by mankind, save the whales." Well, during the war, did we notice a lot of whales rallying round and saying, "Save England!" I didn't notice many down my part of the world. I didn't see whales coming up with Union Jacks saying, "We'll fight the Boche". No, they were doing feck all, just swimming around the fecking sea sucking fecking plankton down. Pr**ks.

They're unbelievable aren't they. You want a nice walk along the beach and they're lying there like they own the place. They should stay in the sea where they belong. Idiots.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:24 pm

[quote="Sugar Boy Sweetie"]I dont know why people get so worked up over animals anyway. Personally I'd like to see every endangered species wiped off the face of the earth.

[/quote

Yeah but even you have to admit that whales didnt do too bad in the last rugby world cup!!!Better then our lot anyway!

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:22 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:It's not too relevant to compare the value of one animal over the other, as -whether this is right or wrong - we live in a society where it is seen as OK to do somethings and not OK to do others. Gerald apparently gleefully indulged in the not OK. Whether you agree with taping a labbys mouth shut and setting a pitbull on it is, at it's base, worse than eating meat, it does reflect on one's character in comparison to the way everyone else treats animals.

This.

The inhumane treatment and killing of animals goes on in society and is often deemed borderline acceptable (battery farming is a good example.) The issue is with people who take pleasure in watching animals suffer; it reflects very poorly on them and has no place in society. I dont see how such behaviour is justifiable.

I hope Manny gets slapped around something fierce in the ring if he participates in male chicken fighting (I didnt know this.) I wouldnt wish brain damage on anyone however.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:47 am

My bro lives in Bali. He bought a chicken once and tooled it up. It won it's first 2 then lost the 3rd by tko ie it copped it.........

Last edited by Michaels, Sean on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:48 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:I dont know why people get so worked up over animals anyway. Personally I'd like to see every endangered species wiped off the face of the earth.

Bleeding liberal. Stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:11 am

The most disturbing part of the article for me is Don King saying that Gerald McLennan "quit like a dog"

That guy is a piece of work.

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmythebullet Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 am

The most disturbing part of the article for me is Don King saying that Gerald McLennan "quit like a dog"

That guy is a piece of work.

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:My bro lives in Bali. He bought a chicken once and tooled it up. It won it's first 2 then lost the 3rd by tko ie it copped it.........

So whats your point? All you did was give an example that it still goes on, which nobody is refuting.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:21 am

OK, now I'm not a fan of dog fighting but at the end of the day he was a fighter that was trained to beat up on to the risk of killing another man in the name of entertainment.

Some dogs are fighting dogs, some men are fighting men.

Feel as a boxing fan there isn't a great deal I can say against dog fighting, I can just not watch it.

Something like 80% of boxers end up damaging their brains for my entertainment, I can't really take the moral high ground here.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:33 am

Bob wrote:Surely we could only determine whether this truly is karma by seeing what he is reborn as in the next life?

reborn-DeemcK???
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:08 am

I thought it was wide known G-Man was a piece of work and involved in dog fighting, in fact I think of this before I think of him as a boxer!

Regardless of all this i still feel for him as not many people deserve his fate and he's not one of them.

You hear all the time of threats to put people in hospital or a grave but I don't think any mean it or their opponents get too annoyed.

Do you think Mayorga deserves to end up like G-Man for his trash talk?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 am

joeyjojo618 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:My bro lives in Bali. He bought a chicken once and tooled it up. It won it's first 2 then lost the 3rd by tko ie it copped it.........

So whats your point? All you did was give an example that it still goes on, which nobody is refuting.

Calm down dear, there wasn't actually a point attached to that particular comment. More of a 'sharing of knowledge'.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:49 am

Aside from some of the disturbing comment, you have to say: what a well written article.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:04 pm

After reading that any sympathy I had for the man has gone, he deserved what he got.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

old news really this one, but as others have said... boxers beat people up for a living... expecting them to collect butterflies for a hobby is a stretch. Ok, Tyson might have liked his pigeons, but then he's a convicted naughty person.

I'm a dog owner, and i find what McClellan did disgusting... but then some of our more revered boxing greats are wife beaters.

A small part of me, says he had it coming, and i have less sympathy than I did for michael watson for example... but wishing what happened to him on anyone brings us down to his level

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 pm

I prefer cats.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:54 pm

rowley wrote:I prefer cats.

cats are self-serving loners, rowley... so you're statement will surprise no-one

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Was the chicken just left or given an honourable burial ie eaten?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Read all the stuff on G-man before so just like most everyone I don't really care about him being in his current state. Roy Jones Jnr likes man sausage fighting and he's going the right direction towards brain damage. Maybe there is a God and people do get punished for their sins.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next