The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest ODI batsman ever.

+10
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
GG
JDizzle
Gregers
Fists of Fury
Mike Selig
Leff
ShankyCricket
Stella
Hoggy_Bear
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Greatest ODI batsman ever. - Page 2 Empty Greatest ODI batsman ever.

Post by Hoggy_Bear Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/537629.html

According to some number crunching by Cricinfo's statto's, Viv 'The Master Blaster' Richards is, by far, the greatest ODI batsman of all time, having a record that was 2.19 times better than the average record of a top 7 batsman during the period in which he played.
Even if he had played in the current era and hadn't improved on his record (which I reckon he would have done), he'd still have been the 2nd best ever, which shows how ahead of his time he truly was.
All hail the greatest ever!!!!

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Greatest ODI batsman ever. - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest ODI batsman ever.

Post by Stella Wed 26 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

Just thought he was better.

Atherton once said that he was almost impossible to set a field to as he could change shots almost at the last second.

Tendulkar of the 1990's was awesome but for me, he has turnt into a run machine who takes less risks (no pulls) than Lara.

And Lara has played some real great knocks where as Tendulkar has perhaps only played a couple. Please note that I have not seen all of his tons.

Both are all time greats but Lara edges it. But that's just me.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:54 pm

Trying to determine the best ODI batsmen is near impossible. Tendulkar, Gilchrist, Jayasuriya etc opened and its seen as the best place to bat.

Richards, de Villers, Ponting, Lara etc where higher middle order batsmen, so after their openers went nuts they have time to get in before going hell for leather.

The Bevan's, Dhoni's, Hussey's, Klusener's are the most vital player in an ODI side. They remain unflustered when all around them are losing the plot. Finishers are the best batsmen in ODIs.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

Klusener was a very good finisher, but i wouldnt want him, if the side was in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2