The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets

+3
Scottrf
BALTIMORA
paperbag_puncher
7 posters

Go down

Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets Empty Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 7:32

Tonight the Filipino Flash takes on unbeaten Argentine Omar Andres Narvaez. Narvaez is moving up in weight and bar a couple of fights in Europe has fought predominately in his homeland. Donaire is 25/1 on to win but just seen he's 11/10 to win by KO in rounds 1-6. He's won 7 out of his last 10 in the first half, 2 by round 8 and the other on pts KOing quality opponents such as Vic Dar and Montiel in quick time. The Montiel win was spectacular giving the opponent and style of the win. Don't know too much about Narvaez (Plan on watching a bit after work) but his record doesnt look full of quality and think this fight will be all about Donaire.

Donaire by KO 1-6 at 11/10 and covered by Donaire by KO 7-9 at 4-1 looks like a great bet at the moment. One worry is I see that Donaire weighed in light at 116.25 which some think could mean hes over trained.

Thoughts on the fight and odds above?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets Empty Re: Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 10:34

I read that Donaire weighed in a couple of pounds over at first. Someone associated with him claimed Donaire then did fifteen minutes of shadow boxing and lost three-four pounds. That doesn't sound right to me.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets Empty Re: Donaire vs Narvaez prediction and bets

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 10:37

That does sound odd. Ah well moneys already down but makes me a bit edgy now..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 10:49

It's in this article:

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaires-weight-raised-some-concern-weigh---45197

Boxingscene are normally pretty decent in their reporting, or so I've found. For a guy to weigh 119, 120 and lose three pounds, maybe a shade over, in an hour...well, that's either one hell of a pee or a big dump, OR...well...insert your own suspicions here. Would a guy weighing that little have enough 'disposable' weight left in him that close to the fight?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 11:09

Even if he comes in small he'll have a decent size advantage. More problems than most expect, finding it difficult to land his big single shots, but ultimately finish it somewhere in the second half.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 11:16

The more I think about it the happier I am with the bet. Really didn't expect him to do what he did to Montiel so early and so brutally.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 11:40

I still remember the sound when he hit him and the silence from the predominately Mexican crowd. Might have been short lived for a Vegas fight but was great to be there.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 13:16

I'm expecting Donaire to grind him down, we are all underestimating Narvaez but he is getting on a bit and Donaire has made light work of some great fighters lately, i'm hoping for a stoppage around rounds 4-6.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 19:38

Hardly know anything about Narvaez save that he's undefeated and, as I discovered last night, a two-weight champ fighting in his third division. Not to be written off by any means but hasn't fought the elite level of opposition Donaire has been sparking out. I expect and hope to see the Filipino do the business again tonight.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Oct 2011 - 20:35

donaire to win but i think it will be after 6 will take him a while to take him out. i expect donaire to be a tad cagey at the start and build himself into it. narvaez is a tough and clever guy be shocked if he goes early. then again ive said this before about donaire im sure.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 24 Oct 2011 - 9:00

Scottrf wrote:Even if he comes in small he'll have a decent size advantage. More problems than most expect, finding it difficult to land his big single shots, but ultimately finish it somewhere in the second half.
Should have went a bit further than that, sounds like he did struggle.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down