The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+26
mickyt
littleswannygirl
Portnoy
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Mrs Penfro
WillyGilly
prop_lyd
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
MrsP
MBTGOG
SimonofSurrey
Ozzy3213
Thomond
Rava
Mickado
red_stag
greybeard
Cari
rodders
Glas a du
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
30 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 17 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the team photos of the World Cup finalists. Or the action shots (put up especially for Cari) of McCaw, Kahui and Corey Jane.

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly Wales

Pāparakāuta tawhito/Hen dafarn/Old pub: https://www.606v2.com/t15995-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#576035

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

red_stag wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Stag is there anything in the rule nook which says you can play in on the floor innate ruck as long as there's nothing on?

I'll be honest Glas, I'm not sure I understand the question.

Aus are obviously handling in rucks, but are not pinged, presumably because it's slow ball.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

The Australian commentators are not happy. Two-and-a-half metres forward, they reckon.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

It was a good 3/4 yards forward dreamer, absolute shocker from Barnes!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

feathers?... I'm spitting bricks! mad

and now WB calls a perfectly legit pass 'forward'?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

Barnes evens it up. Well done.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

That's a disgraceful decision, Wayne Barnes has a Welsh father
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

Australia having a dreadful tournament. Lose to Samoa in warm up, lose to Ireland, completely outplayed by SA, NZ beat them by about 20 points, Wales beating them now.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

ooo ouch, poor poor call then. You'd think that Barnes would have learnt to spot forward passes by now, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

Hug sorry Breaker, can't see the game but it does sound like a shocker of a call.

AWJ on for Charteris. Can't put into words how proud Charteris has made me this tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

Great kick by O Connor.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

rugbydreamer wrote:ha guess Wayne Barnes strikes again? if it was as far forward as it sounded how did the ref and the AR's miss it? Harsh for Autralia. Chuffed for Shane though.

And Stevo on for good this time? yay Smile

They missed it because it came from a break by Wales and a change in pace. The assistant ref and Barnes were both trying to catch up with play.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

See, that's how you kick goals.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Fair play Breaker you're back in the lead care of a dodgy penalty. He doesn't ping your boys for doing exactly the same now and pings us again. He really is trying his best for you.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

How long before someone suggests that Barnes is evening up the score by awarding the 2 kickable penalties.

Ah conspiracy theories. To be fair to Wales they aren't playing great in this match though compared to other games.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

It'd be a pity if the discipline breaks down and players start to niggle each other due to frustration. The 1st half was played in better spirit.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Ah Glas beat me too it.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

Got there before you Stag!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:49 am

Its gonna be really weird in the inevitable Team of the Tournament articles to write:

09 Mike Phillips!!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:50 am

Glas a du wrote:Fair play Breaker you're back in the lead care of a dodgy penalty. He doesn't ping your boys for doing exactly the same now and pings us again. He really is trying his best for you.

I'm at a loss to explain it mate... it's a lottery out there with that guy WB in control.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:50 am

But back to my initial point, what I'm trying to say is, its all well and good beating Figi by 60 points, when they put up almost no defence but when it comes to the big teams they choke. Apart from the Ireland game where they were great

Case and point here again, they get one point ahead and SHOITE themselves and give away two stupid penalties and are now 5 down. No mental strength
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

Clearly hughie is on the wum but he makes a good point. People say on their day Wales can beat anyone. They've had a series of good performances yet have lost most of the time. Maybe a better way to say it is on their day Wales can beat Ireland.

. . . .what does that say about Ireland though?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

BTW Glas I agree - too many hands in the ruck
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

red_stag wrote:Been having a massive debate in work about RWC player of the year. I reckon Kaino, my boss reckons Genia is a certainty.

Has Genia really been that good? Shown up pretty badly against Ireland, although to be fair he was not protected well at all, and not hugely influential in the knockouts.

I personally would go for Piri Weepu, though Kaino or Nonu would be good shouts. Can't help but think if New Zealand win the World Cup in New Zealand its a three-horse race...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:53 am

Who's got the winning ticket? NZ.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

No mental strength? Kicks aside did you watch how we played down to 14 men against France?

I will conede that our kickers don't seem to quite have it when it comes to the crucial kicks like against SA and France, but I think this whole tournament has shown that the vast majority of our players have huge mental strenght. The way we went on to perform after our close defeat to SA was brilliant and not something we have shown to be capable of before.

Quite frankly Hughie, I completely disagree with you Smile (our kickers aside)

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

Sorry Barnes is having a shocker, Aus slowing ball at will.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

Kaino for me. Followed by Weepu.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:56 am

red_stag wrote:Its gonna be really weird in the inevitable Team of the Tournament articles to write:

09 Mike Phillips!!!

Stag, if he's in the team of the tournament it'll be on the back of two tries. He must have the slowest, most ponderous service of any scrum half in the tournament.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:56 am

red_stag wrote:Clearly hughie is on the wum but he makes a good point. People say on their day Wales can beat anyone. They've had a series of good performances yet have lost most of the time. Maybe a better way to say it is on their day Wales can beat Ireland.

. . . .what does that say about Ireland though?

he is isn't he? and I bit! shame on me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

Barnes is showing why he was nowhere near getting the final. He is having a complete 'mare.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

spot on dreamer - I can't believe your kicking is actually worse than ours is... usually. Headscratch

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:57 am

red_stag wrote:Its gonna be really weird in the inevitable Team of the Tournament articles to write:

09 Mike Phillips!!!
You will? Not for me, sorry

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:58 am

Barnes MOTM? Not Wayne like.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

We've given up. The subs wouldn't be on if Gatland thought we could win.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

Dreamer he is on the wum BUT makes some good points. Despite performing in all key games - the only victory of note was against Ireland. They lost to SA, lost to France and losing to Australia.

And your kickers are a part of your team.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

That seals that for Barnes.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Who'd you say Asbo - Weepu?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:01 am

That's the thing Staggy, we can beat anyone on our day, well they were on their day and still couldn't beat a distinctly average South Africa coached by a mad man.

Against France, they were superb and really played well but your never going to beat anyone when you leave 13 odd points on the pitch.

Now against Oz, where you had a really really good opportunity to take a big scalp but looks like a half strength Oz and going to beat you by at least a score.

But at least ye are consistent, consistent at coming up short against the big boys
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

How much better is it with Lloyd Williams at sh!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

Aye I know that Stag. But he seems to think that we're happy with our defeats when we clearly aren't. He also made a sweeping statement about the mental strenght of our team, which as I've said, kickers aside, has been very strong.

It's going to be a weird feeling that if we lose and finish 4th, I'm going to be much more miserable than if we hadn't have made it out of our group like last time.

Stevo! lovely kick by the sounds of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

Please Jeebus kick this one!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

red_stag wrote:Who'd you say Asbo - Weepu?

I would.

(No one asked you Notch...) Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

hughie1986 wrote:That's the thing Staggy, we can beat anyone on our day, well they were on their day and still couldn't beat a distinctly average South Africa coached by a mad man.

Against France, they were superb and really played well but your never going to beat anyone when you leave 13 odd points on the pitch.

Now against Oz, where you had a really really good opportunity to take a big scalp but looks like a half strength Oz and going to beat you by at least a score.

But at least ye are consistent, consistent at coming up short against the big boys

Oi Huw, you know that free Scarlets ticket? It's just gone up in smoke. thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:04 am

Rhys Priestland looks like a blonde Euros Childs. If you don't know who Euros Childs is, he's like a brown-haired Rhys Priestland.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Rhys Priestland looks like a blonde Euros Childs. If you don't know who Euros Childs is, he's like a brown-haired Rhys Priestland.

Jacques Derrida would love this Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Hughie, I really don't need to be reading posts like yours here in the pub. keep ignoring the fact that Wales aren't at full strengh either for their last two matches. And imo that last bit wasn't needed. This was supposed to be a wum free place but hey, cheers for kicking us when we're down.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Luckless he looks like a 20 year old ROG.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

stripped over the line...!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Sweet Jebus!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Aus have to win this now. There is no justice otherwise.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next