The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Advice.

Go down

Playing Advice. Empty Playing Advice.

Post by Derbyblue Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

Simple really a thread for everyone to share advice with others who may be looking to the play the game, hopefully those members who have spent time playing or coaching American Football will be happy to share a little bit of their knowledge with the rest of us. I’ve been using the @606v2AF twitter account over the past week to try and get some advice from current/former NFL players, obviously they can’t give amazing and detailed advice as they get just 131 characters, but I still believe that their advice can be helpful.

Defense
Spoiler:
Offense
Spoiler:

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Playing Advice. Empty Re: Playing Advice.

Post by Derbyblue Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

Life in the trenches: A guide to playing on the line

Playing on the offensive and defensive lines seems like a very thankless task. You’re not going to make the big play that wins a game very often and can go years without so much as touching the ball.

I compare it to playing front/second row in rugby union; doing all the grunt work so the little skinny guys can get the glory. It takes a certain selfless attitude to want to play on the lines. But it’s very, VERY fun.

I’ve played 4 seasons of football between university and senior level. I’ve started at Left Tackle, Left Guard, Right Tackle, Tight End and Defensive Tackle, sometimes playing both offense and defense during the same game, something no professional ever does. So here are the basics to each side of the ball, things that coaches have drilled into me over and over and over again so that they are instinctive now.
Read the rest of the article here: http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com/2011/10/life-in-trenches-guide-to-playing-on.html

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down