The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New MW Prospect? Grzegorz Proksa

+3
Union Cane
Scottrf
Boxtthis
7 posters

Go down

New MW Prospect? Grzegorz Proksa Empty New MW Prospect? Grzegorz Proksa

Post by Boxtthis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

Just wondering if anyone saw the Polish guy Proksa taking apart Sebastian Sylvester at the weekend? Sylvester is a decent (if protected) MW who has only lost decisions to Sturm and Geale - and this boy Proksa took him apart. Interestingly Proksa doesn't look to have a stiff European style - he looks fast, slick, and very confident. Anyway, see what you think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtaCbWobyE

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

New MW Prospect? Grzegorz Proksa Empty Re: New MW Prospect? Grzegorz Proksa

Post by Scottrf Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:39 am

He took apart Sylvester? Very surprising. You will probably get eurobum comments about him, but he wasn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:41 am

Saw the fight, felt that Bunce needed a co-commentator as he was struggling at times and kept repeating himself.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:47 am

Never been a fan of Sylvester, but still a great win for the guy. Looks decent. Anyone know who he's signed with? Fought a lot in the UK and once or twice in Ireland.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Yep, and he called him "Proska" rather than "Proksa" for the whole fight. You'd have thought maybe someone would've noticed and told him.

I was very surprised at the result - and the manner of the win. Sylvester is decent. There's actually a good few top 10 MW fighters and prospects that are decent now - but don't quite have a name yet. I'd love to see some dust ups between the likes of: Sturm, Geale, Macklin, Barker, Proksa, JCC jr, Zbik, Pirog, Rubio, Paul Williams, etc

I'd love to see Sergio clearing out the best of this lot - but at his stage of career he needs to look for some name recognition fights.

Proksa vs Zbik is in the works next apparently.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

Would like to see Andy Lee in the mix with the above names. All these 10 rounders against distinctly average opponents can only go on for so long. He has a good range of shots, but has a tendency to be lazy.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:51 am

Yep, I'd definitely put Lee in that mix. Looks like an accomplished boxer - not sure he can be top tier though.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:39 pm

Boxtthis wrote:Yep, I'd definitely put Lee in that mix. Looks like an accomplished boxer - not sure he can be top tier though.

I really don't rate Lee. He has a good variety of shots and decent speed and power but I feel he just doesn't have enough to compete at the top level. I think most of the higher ranked guys will deal with him without a lot of problems, when you need last gasp knockouts against the Craig McEwan's of this world then I think that world level maybe be out of his reach. I think even in a weak division with guff like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr holding a belt Andy Lee will come up short.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

I watched the fight and this Proksa fella looked pretty decent. Though Sylvester IS limited, it suited Proksa perfectly.

Sylvester is what he is, a basic clamshelled German fighter, anyone with speed and good movement would take this sort of fighter apart.

However, Proksa IS promising looking. Off that performance I would say he would comfortably beat the likes of Abraham and Sturm. But maybe he would struggle against the likes of Pirog or Jacobs as they are a little more lively when it comes to their foot and head movement.

Will look forward to seeing him fight again though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:16 pm

He looks quite good to be honest not the typical kind of robotic Eastern European style of boxing.
Though I'm not sure he's quite going to cut it at the very highest level.

As for Andy Lee you never know he's still improving and Steward will be able to get the best out of his style, we all know how good he is with upright slightly stiff fighters. (Not in a gay way)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down