The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your best ever run...and your worst

+7
MustPuttBetter
oldparwin
ScottieD18
goldwolf
hogie
super_realist
barragan
11 posters

Go down

your best ever run...and your worst Empty your best ever run...and your worst

Post by barragan Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

no, not in lycra and asics - what's the best ever run of holes you've had on the golf course, and your worst?

i once made seven consecutive 3s, including 2 pars, 4 birds and an eagle.

in the space of 8 holes last weekend i had six 3putts and two 4putts, including 4 from inside 5 feet on one hole.

Last edited by ban_bam on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

barragan

Back to top Go down

your best ever run...and your worst Empty Re: your best ever run...and your worst

Post by barragan Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

ooo, makes me shiver writing that down... not had a single 4 putt this season prior to that - then 2 in 3 holes - arg

barragan

Back to top Go down

your best ever run...and your worst Empty Re: your best ever run...and your worst

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:33 pm

I've had 5 straight birdies a few times, but have also had 5 straight bogeys more than a few times.

Also birdied the first 3 par three's on the course once, only to 3 putt the final par three from about 8 feet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

Triple on the first, triple on the second, level par for the next 14 holes, triple on the 17th and triple on the 18th. All that while playing off 18.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

Nice symetry hogie.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 03 Oct 2011, 3:51 pm

Probably had both during yesterdays round. Was playing a county champions event and got off to a blistering start birdie, birdie, par, par, birdie. Was so confident I felt like I was going to birdie every hole.

Stood on 10th tee knowing even a mediocre back 9 would be good enough and out of nowhere a power fade off the tee with the wind - OOB. 3 off the tee and the same shot, eventually hole out for 8. Still in with a shout, then play the wrong ball on the next hole TWICE! 7 dropped shots in 2 holes, game over.

Absolutely gutted, but that's golf for you.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:02 pm

Once started a medal with 3 pars followed by 5 birdies followed by an eagle - 7 under par for 6 holes.

Worst run I can recall was the second round of the Club Championship. First 9 into the wind. 9 over going out then bogied 10. The rest of the holes were downwind. Birdied 12, eagled par 5 15th then holed in 1 at 18 to finish 5 over for the round.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:04 pm

I have birdied the 4 par 3s on our course, in the same round, have done that twice now, and shot over my handicap on both occasions

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

I can't recall a good run Laugh

But i did once 3 putt 17 of 18 greens in a medal round earlier this year. The not 3 putt was the first which was a 1 putt for birdie and off to a flyer. Oh dear!

52 putts. Good times!! Doh
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

MustPuttBetter,

I was lucky to have the opposite during the last medal round this year. Counted 29 putts for the round but noticed I used the putter from off the greens several times. Counted the putts on the greens and came to 23 for the round. Made-up for all the rubbish from tee to green.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Not me but a local pro I know had two consecutive holes in one playing in an event some years ago.

I seem to recall that it was at Hunstanton in Norfolk. He had a hole in one at a par 3 and the very next hole is a short par 4 at which he proceeded to hole his drive. Not much of a run granted but that can't have been done too many times during the history of the game...

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:54 pm

Best ever run was in the Army Royal Engineer Champs 5 years ago on a very benign RPC opened up with10consecutive 3's still don't think iver ever played better than those 10holes. Problem was the next 8 were very average as I got too cocky and tried taking everything on. Fortunately wind got up over the next 3 rounds and I hung in for a victory.

Other than that couple weeks ago shot a great round but yesterday was a bizarre mix with 7 birdies and an eagle in one round problem was the double bogies I threw in at varying stages.

My worst ever though has to be at RSG or Princes when on both occaisions I've had 8straight bogies followed by 3 straight doubles about 10years ago and that was in consecutive weeks can't recall ever doing something so similar so close together

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:38 am

Like banbam I can recall 7 consecutive 3's in a round of 62.
Not as good as OS but I had 3 two's in a round of 63. I would imagine that 4 twos in a round is pretty rare.
Best run was out in 28 on a benign championship links [-8] sad part was I could not finish the round due to darkness.
Many many moons ago.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:19 pm

That is some very impressive statistics Doon...Ever thought about the Senior Tour?!

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by turnip Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Earlier this year I played for the club in a county knockout match. Last to start of the 7 man team on a really hot day and downed a bottle of an energy drink while sat at first tee. Proceeded to start with a quadruple 8 (5 off the tee trying to find a swing) and followed with double on 4th to be 6 over and two down (play off 5).
Then birdied 5, 6, 7, 9 & 10 as well as having 5 footer on 8th conceeded as opponent was already out of hole. Eventually finished the round one over with one more birdie on 15th to win match.
Not sure if I OD'd on sugar for a few holes but might try it again if that's how it finishes.

Worst/most disappointing would be in first/only(?) attempt at TrilbyTour this year at Old Thorns where managed to amass 9 points on the front nine with a lost ball, an OB and a birdie. Didn't feel like I was playing that badly but just wasn't going to be my day. Worst score of the year in what was the biggest event of the year. Gotta love the game.

turnip

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 04 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

Blue c
I also had around of 60 which I can't remember much of other than out and back in 30 [-8]

I can't play for toffee now, ask Jaz
All those scores were between the ages of 18 and 25

I did not post my worst run as I could not remember any. I was in a good position to finish high up in the Surrey Open when I finished with five fives.

Did anyone catch the Scot Div 2 score at the weekend.
East Fife 5 Forfar nearly 4 [3]

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottieD18 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

Doon,

I was also trying to recall the bad rounds. Funny how in golf the mind only remembers the good rounds.

Just remebered my last card as a junior off the boxes. Started with 6 straight birdies. Birdied 8 and 11 to get it to 8 under, then had a couple of bogies over the closing holes. The round did get the junior handicap down to scratch. Probably only those 40 and over can remember when juniors had two handicaps.

ScottieD18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down