The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs

+10
Strongback
oxring
Super D Boon
Bob
Jukebox Timebomb
ONETWOFOREVER
eddyfightfan
BALTIMORA
Scottrf
Commander
14 posters

Go down

Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs Empty Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs

Post by Commander Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

I thought this was interesting - well, Conte would have a good idea wouldn't he? Very Happy

By Ryan Burton (Boxing Scene)

Victor Conte, founder of the infamous BALCO Lab, appeared on the latest edition of "The Boxing Lab," which is BoxingScene.com's official audio show. The controversial figure gave his opinion on a variety of topics. One that is sure to raise eyebrows are his thoughts on boxing's two pound for pound kings. Conte, who works with fighters such as Nonito Donaire and Andre Berto, said that he wouldn't be surprised if both Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather are using performance enhancing drugs. 

When asked if he thought Pacquiao was using performance enhancing drugs, he said: "I am suspicious of both guys [Pacquiao and Mayweather]. Both guys put on 20 to 30 pounds [over the years]. Am I suspicious? Of course I am suspicious. Drugs have been rampant for five decades professional sports", Conte said.

Conte points to the fact that both fighters have been able to increase their weight yet maintain their speed and strength. Pacquiao captured titles in eight weight divisions, while Mayweather has captured titles in five weight classes. 

Any time you see this rapid increase in size and retention of speed and power it is suspicious," stated Conte.

The Bay Area resident explained that testing for performance enhancing drugs, during a boxer's training camp, won't necessarily catch a fighter who is using those illegal substances. According to Conte, a fighter could use performance enhancing drugs before and after his training camp and cycle them off before the random blood testing process is initiated.

Here you have Floyd Mayweather who shows up out of nowhere at the Berto and Ortiz fight and then a week later they were both in a random drug pool. Where was he before that?

Commander

Back to top Go down

Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs Empty Re: Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs

Post by Scottrf Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

I've put on 2 stone between 16 and 20, definite ped intake Rolling Eyes

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs Empty Re: Conte: Both Mayweather and Pacquiao could be on PEDs

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

Is this the same Victor Conte who works with Berto and Ward..? Not that he's making them look bad or anything...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

they should force both manny and mayweather to take ped's, then neither has a reason to avoid the other one

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

why are his views aired on a sports programme? surely he is anti-sport.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

Someone should suggest random Olympic style blood testing.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

I used to weigh 8lbs 10oz, and have ballooned by over 145lbs in a few years.

Not saying I'm on PEDs, but it is strange that Lance Armstrong appears at my side drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs every time I cut myself......

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

I'm bored of hearing about these two. I wish they would just admit they don't want to fight each other because the loser will be scared of being remembered as the loser in this fight rather than for all the other stuff they done.

Hope they never fight. Can't stand either of them. If they fought in my garden I'd close the curtains and ring the police. I don't want these clowns ruining my vegetable patch. That took a lot of planting.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:46 pm

Bob wrote:Not saying I'm on PEDs, but it is strange that Lance Armstrong appears at my side drooling like one of Pavlov's dogs every time I cut myself...

clap Quote of the day clap

That must have got pretty annoying. You should get a dog that hates bicycles. Every time he appears, unleash the hound - and kill 2 birds with 1 stone - the dog will be fully exercised for the day as well. Simples.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:I've put on 2 stone between 16 and 20, definite ped intake Rolling Eyes

Either that or you liked cake. cake

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Should have been I rather than I've...

And of course not. Always been an athlete like yourself Strongy. Just a bit smaller.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

This guy Victor Conte would do anything for a bit of publicity.

Every time you almost forget about him he pops up speculating about which athletes might be on PED's

The first time he commented on boxing I was really interested in what he had to say but now he just seems to be trotting out the same old line in guff.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

at 21 i was just over 12 stone, i pretty much put on a stone every year for the next 3 years.

unfortunately ive been 16 stone in the past, thats definitely more to do with beer and pizza than any drugs.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
unfortunately ive been 16 stone in the past, thats definitely more to do with beer and pizza than any drugs.

Unfortunately I've been 10 stone in the past, that's definitely to do with drugs than any beer and pizza.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 29 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

Bob wrote:
OasisBFC wrote:

Unfortunately I've been 10 stone in the past, that's definitely to do with drugs than any beer and pizza.

But didn't you have fun though...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Mickey mouse, Donald Duck, George Bush and Tony Blair could be on them too...

Empty statement by an empty human being..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Fri 30 Sep 2011, 5:49 pm

Commander wrote:I thought this was interesting - well, Conte would have a good idea wouldn't he? Very Happy

~ Why Mr. Commander, sir, Mr. Conte is only stating the obvious, that anyone could be on PEDs.

It is noteworthy in that the WADA folks hired him as a spokesman not long ago and that Mr. Moneybags has yet to take the Olympic style testing he demanded of Mr. Manny. Mr. Moneybags did take the testing that Mr. Manny did agree to, but only for the one fight against Mr. Mosley and seems not to have done much more than the regular Nevada testing against Mr. Not So Vicious.

At any rate, Mr. Golden Boy has apologized to Mr. Arum and Mr. Manny, and Mr. Mosley and Mr. Marquez have voted with their feet, fleeing the faux Olympic style testing for all time bouts against Mr. Manny. Does Mr. Goldenboy have any fighters left capable of taking on Mr. Manny?

No sir, I fear not.[i]
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 30 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

Could always stage the fight the fans truly want, Manny Mosley the rematch! Would obviously be a classic.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down