The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract.

3 posters

Go down

Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract. Empty Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract.

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

Hull Kingston Rovers have today announced the signing of ex Crusaders hooker Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract ( he will not count on the overseas quota because of the RFL ruling on Crusaders players ) . New Rovers coach Craig Sandercock said " I'm excited about the signing of Lincoln , he has over 200 games experience in the NRL and Superleague combined and his leadership and ability to make correct decsions under pressure are excellent traits he will bring to our club ."

Rovers should also announce the signing of Canterbury Bulldogs prop Micky Paea this week , and today have been linked to ex Newcastle Knights fullback Shannon McDonnell who although born in Sydney holds a British passport and would therefore not count on the overseas quota .

McDonnell apparantely is not the Newcastle player mentioned yesterday by Sandercock as a possible signing . I think we will be linked to a few Knights players now though .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract. Empty Re: Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract.

Post by Luke Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

I've said before that i would rather have kept Fisher, as i rate him more than Withers.

Paea is a fairly good signing, but personally don't think that we don't need another prop with Wheeldon, Clinton,O'Hara, Taylor and others already at the club.

Don't know much about McDonell, but to be honest i was quite looking forward to see what a back line of Taulapapa, Hall, Welham, Webster, Hodgson, Green and Dobson could do, as it does look quite exciting on paper. And the more i've seen of Taulapapa the more impressed i've been.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract. Empty Re: Hull KR announce the signing of Lincoln Withers on a 2 year contract.

Post by Kenny Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

Dont think Clinton will be at Rovers by the start of next season to be honest , McDonnell if he signs gives us options i suppose .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

No suppose your right, espically as we tried to get rid of him to Quins.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

Am i right in thinking that Lincoln withers has never reached the full potentional he showed as a junior, and to many remains a disappointment?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 29 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Dont know about being a disappointment but dont see him being any better then Ben Fisher . Hope im wrong and he has a blinding couple of seasons .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down