The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be the most capped player?

+5
red_stag
Biltong
beshocked
RubyGuby
Taylorman
9 posters

Go down

Who will be the most capped player? Empty Who will be the most capped player?

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

On a world cup unrelated topic, I was having a look around and saw that Australia's George Gregan is still the most capped player for his country with 139 caps.

So who looks like he could overtake that? My vote is currently going with Sergio Parrise who at 28 years old has 80 or so caps for Italy

Back to top Go down

Who will be the most capped player? Empty Re: Who will be the most capped player?

Post by Taylorman Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

Mccaw should be around for 3-4 years.
Hes on 99.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Who will be the most capped player? Empty Re: Who will be the most capped player?

Post by RubyGuby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

George North is 19 and has the potential to rack up a few - Props usually go on for a while so any young front row boys could hit the mark.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

James O connor he is only 21 and has already racked up 31 Aussie caps.

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/Team/WallabiesProfiles/ProfilePage/tabid/1513/playerid/33/Default.aspx

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

I doubt Gregan's record will easily be broken, with the amount of club rugby the guys are playing these days, it will be a very tough task for the bodies to hold up for 140 tests.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

I don't think it will be broken. I mean George Smith had 100 caps when still in his 20s. He went off to play in Europe. Matt Giteau is still only 28, he has 92 caps. However he is going off to play in Europe.

Brian O'Driscoll is probably the best bet. He has 116 caps. However how much longer will he play for Ireland I wonder?

Another 3-5 caps this World Cup, 5 in the Six Nations 2012, 3 Summer Tests, 3 Autumn Internationals, 5 Six Nations 2013. I'd be astounded if he played all those with no injury. He could do it.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:12 am

red_stag wrote:
Brian O'Driscoll is probably the best bet. He has 116 caps. However how much longer will he play for Ireland I wonder?

Another 3-5 caps this World Cup, 5 in the Six Nations 2012, 3 Summer Tests, 3 Autumn Internationals, 5 Six Nations 2013. I'd be astounded if he played all those with no injury. He could do it.

With O'Driscoll contracted until 2013 it wouldn't surprise me if he finishes close to 150 caps including Lions caps. A few injuries could knock that on the head though.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:32 pm

Peel could of peed all over it if he didn't go to Sale. but he has hardly had any caps for the past few years and has really blown his chance there.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Australia and Ireland seem to be the two nations that squeeze every last cap out of their players. They both do have a small player base.

O'Driscoll also has 6 Lions caps, which I'm sure are counted in the official all time caps list. So he's already in 2nd place on 122 caps. 17 behind Gregan.

Will he get 18 more? I doubt it actually. He seems to be playing with one arm at the moment. I think his shoulder is bollixed.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

I'd really hope he doesn't try to get near the record,we need to be giving other players time in the 13 shirt for 2 reasons,to give BoD a break and to prepare ourselves for when he does retire.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down