The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big T-Dog Fury!!!!

+6
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sodhat
Union Cane
huw
no-mas
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
10 posters

Go down

Big T-Dog Fury!!!! Empty Big T-Dog Fury!!!!

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep - 15:07

Well lads!

Was out on lunch there and bumped into Fury who is promoting this weekends fight.

Tell ya what lads, he look thin as hell compared to the normal Fury.

I put my McDonalds down to get a picture took and I told him to keep away from it, he joked pretenting to take a dive at it. haha very funny Fury, you'll be laughing at the other side of your face if you try that again.

Anyway, got to wish him luck, hes a sound bloke.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Big T-Dog Fury!!!! Empty Re: Big T-Dog Fury!!!!

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep - 15:17

Always been a fury fan, he gave me a signed fury vs McDermott fight poster, he's the kind of character boxing needs

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep - 15:25

no-mas wrote:Always been a fury fan, he gave me a signed fury vs McDermott fight poster, he's the kind of character boxing needs

With Fury being our new favourite heavyweight and the dude who won celebrity big brother gypsy's really are becoming a weird kind of cool right now. I'm just hoping grabbing becomes a little more mainstream as at the moment my pulling technique is considered assault.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep - 15:41

huw wrote:
no-mas wrote:Always been a fury fan, he gave me a signed fury vs McDermott fight poster, he's the kind of character boxing needs

With Fury being our new favourite heavyweight and the dude who won celebrity big brother gypsy's really are becoming a weird kind of cool right now. I'm just hoping grabbing becomes a little more mainstream as at the moment my pulling technique is considered assault.

Get yourself up to the toon you don't need to grab, just be willing to part with a pound for the chips and you are a king amongst the "women"

But on a serious note if fury is in shape and still has ties with manny steward things are looking good for my fellow manc

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep - 15:45

I'm a Fury fan, have been since the old days when he fought Lee Swaby, but I wish he'd decide whether he is a Manc or a Pikey or a Mick.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 15 Sep - 15:49

Union Cane wrote:I'm a Fury fan, have been since the old days when he fought Lee Swaby, but I wish he'd decide whether he is a Manc or a Pikey or a Mick.

Maybe he was an Irishman visiting England when some Gypsy's from Manchester turned him into a slave?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep - 15:50

huw wrote:
Union Cane wrote:I'm a Fury fan, have been since the old days when he fought Lee Swaby, but I wish he'd decide whether he is a Manc or a Pikey or a Mick.

Maybe he was an Irishman visiting England when some Gypsy's from Manchester turned him into a slave?
laughing

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Sep - 15:51

It's possible.

It seems to me that he's trying to be all things to all men, so as to widen his fan base and maximise his exposure rather than just be himself.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Thu 15 Sep - 15:59

Union Cane wrote:It's possible.

It seems to me that he's trying to be all things to all men, so as to widen his fan base and maximise his exposure rather than just be himself.

That's a good assessment after all he is with Mick Hennessey who had one of the best fighters in the world now in Froch yet couldn't get any exposure so Fury is covering his bases

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 15 Sep - 16:31

Add to that, he is fighting on channel 5 again -- the last fight drew more than 2 million viewers, which is very handy for him at this stage.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 15 Sep - 17:04

Doubt he will draw the same figures with x-factor being on!!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 15 Sep - 17:21

I've no problem deciding what you are Union, you little runt.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep - 7:50

You mean back in the days where he fought every week and punched himself in the face? Haha. I read on the Ring mag yesterday that they are showing the fight in the US and gave him a solid write up calling him "Britains most exciting heavyweight" - some good publicity for him no doubt! Well, certainly better than his viral video of his uppercut hitting himself!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 16 Sep - 8:25

I couldn't get enough of that video for a while. Especially after someone stuck the Rocky theme tune over it. Think it definitely bought him some good will on my part.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 16 Sep - 8:31

that punch is right up there with fraziers hook on ali as my favourite punch in boxing history

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep - 10:14

School Project wrote:

You mean back in the days where he fought every week and punched himself in the face? Haha. I read on the Ring mag yesterday that they are showing the fight in the US and gave him a solid write up calling him "Britains most exciting heavyweight" - some good publicity for him no doubt! Well, certainly better than his viral video of his uppercut hitting himself!

He's been on US TV before he was on one of those showbox programmes on Showtime from York Hall. He's Britains best known prospect now. Guys like DeGale, Gavin, Groves and Saunders can't match terrestrial TV exposure.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep - 17:09

prettyboykev wrote:
School Project wrote:

He's been on US TV before he was on one of those showbox programmes on Showtime from York Hall. He's Britains best known prospect now. Guys like DeGale, Gavin, Groves and Saunders can't match terrestrial TV exposure.

Yeah, he's spoken about quite a lot on The Ring. No doubt his name is probably enough to Tinkywinky a few ears. I'm glad he's taken this a little more seriously, he put the work in and beat Chisora and I think he's starting to prove he's up for the job.

Can't dislike him for that.

Maybe a few fights in the US is what beckons to build his exposure.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep - 17:51

School Project wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
School Project wrote:

Yeah, he's spoken about quite a lot on The Ring. No doubt his name is probably enough to Tinkywinky a few ears. I'm glad he's taken this a little more seriously, he put the work in and beat Chisora and I think he's starting to prove he's up for the job.

Can't dislike him for that.

Maybe a few fights in the US is what beckons to build his exposure.

I'm not sold on Fury until I see his weight coming down and his physique improving. Hope he does it though he's a really likeable big guy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down