The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final

+9
jimbohammers
ShankyCricket
Tibor
Carrotdude
thegooch7
Corporalhumblebucket
ChrisfromStroud
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
13 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final - Page 5 Empty surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

right on to the 1st of the cup finals this week and Chris Adams has named an unchanged squad for Surrey's decisive final game of the LV= County Championship season against Derbyshire at the Kia Oval.
The full Surrey squad to play Derbyshire at the Kia Oval is:
Rory Hamilton-Brown (Captain)
Steven Davies (Wicket Keeper)
Mark Ramprakash
Zander de Bruyn
Tom Maynard
Jason Roy
Gareth Batty
Chris Jordan
Stuart Meaker
Pragyan Ojha
Tim Linley
George Edwards
zafar ansari
same 11 as last time then

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final - Page 5 Empty Re: surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

raining again at the rose bowl

Back to top Go down

surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final - Page 5 Empty Re: surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final

Post by thegooch7 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

Make a word out of this Mr Whiteley 'O T U'..........62-5

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Gloucs trying to ensure Northants get to enforce the follow-on, 167/8...

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

Gloucs need 20 for their last wicket to avoid the follow on.

Time for Jon to help us out again!

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

Doesn't matter providing we can get max bowling points and win the game.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Avoiding the follow on increases the chances of a Northants-Gloucs draw though, which would ease the pressure on us significantly.

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:56 pm

Yes, this is true. Hopefully it will rain there for the next 2 days!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:02 pm

Jason Roy has just been hit by a well timed shot when close in - physio on. I really hope he's not hurt we need him on Saturday!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

Nora comes on to bowl, hopefully in his new cap!

Did Roy survive Carrot?!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

He's off the field - Church thinks more of a precaution than anything else. fingers crossed.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

Gloucs ao 160 behind - cricinfo states it's raining - I assume they'll force them to follow on............moves them a point ahead of us now!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

Right, I'm going out now - I really hope we take some more wickets while I'm gone, I want them all out for 150 to settle my nerves!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

we need a magic over from someone here

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

Jordan finally breaks the partnership but Clare has come out swinging, just took 19 off an over. We're still very much in the box seat but with 8 minutes left I'd like another one tonight.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Just like that! Well done Ojha!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

In other news Gloucs are 4 down following on and almost certain to lose to Northants so we have to win but from here we really should. Weather permitting.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Carrotdude wrote:Jordan finally breaks the partnership but Clare has come out swinging, just took 19 off an over. We're still very much in the box seat but with 8 minutes left I'd like another one tonight.
well done carrot Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:03 pm

177 for 7 at stumps 2 late wkts in the day make me Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:10 pm

how did ojha get on with the ball?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

Sorry, Men of Surrey, I've been hard at work all day. How are Gloucs doing?? Whistle

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:how did ojha get on with the ball?
he spun it

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

Surrey going well then lads.

Hants still have a slim chance..

Dawson and Adams batting well and Dimi was brill with the ball

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

ChrisfromStroud wrote:Sorry, Men of Surrey, I've been hard at work all day. How are Gloucs doing?? Whistle
i think you are missing jon batty to hold one end up Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Who'd have thought...
Crying or Very sad

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:48 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:how did ojha get on with the ball?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

So, as I understand it, it's perfectly simple. If we can take 13 wickets in the next 2 days and win by an innings or knock off whatever runs Derby manage over 468, we are up. If not and Northants win, they're up. If however, we both draw, we're up. But if Glos rally and win a la England at Headingley 1981 and we don't win, they're up. But hang on, what if Middlesex...?

The hell with it - COME ON SURREY!!!!! Yahoo

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

Evening all!

Relieved that Derby didn't declare before we took any bowling points thereby probably depriving us of promotion... Very Happy

We seem to have our wish with the tail contributing good runs. Sounds like a disciplined bowling performance today. clap clap Weather forecast for tomorrow looks good, hopefully also Thurs if needed.

See that Chris's lads doing their best to play Northants back into a bit of form - but hopefully too late. Can't help agreeing something went wrong with Gloucs team selection. Needed a batsman with stickability....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:27 pm

You know what I was saying about mucking it up on day four?
Forgot to mention the Day Two Muckup...

Still, it's interesting isn't it.

I take full and personal blame for non-selection of a Battysman with stickability... but hope I won't be in a situation to have to make such a selection choice next year.

Optimistically, here's to the "Gloucs Rally": I see Lewis as Dilley and Gidman as Botham.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

ChrisfromStroud wrote: Optimistically, here's to the "Gloucs Rally": I see Lewis as Dilley and Gidman as Botham.
Ale Ale

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:43 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
ChrisfromStroud wrote: Optimistically, here's to the "Gloucs Rally": I see Lewis as Dilley and Gidman as Botham.
Ale Ale

Does that mean "I'll drink to that", or does it mean "Have you had one too many Chris?"

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:44 pm

To be fair, if Surrey fail to win from this position without the weather interfering then it will be our own fault!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

Carrotdude wrote:Jason Roy has just been hit by a well timed shot when close in - physio on. I really hope he's not hurt we need him on Saturday!

Hi folks,

Sorry to leave you this afternoon - lost blackberry connection. Anyway, Carrot, you can relax! Adams confirmed at the members' forum earlier this evening that Roy is fine for the CB40 final on Saturday and the rest of this match. He rather dismissively referred to it as ''just soft tissue bruising''.

Adams also confirmed that Dernbach would definitely play on Saturday. Team won't be finalised until conditions assessed on the day. However, Adams gave a clear hint that the Viscount or Schofield would be the one from the semi-final to make way for Dernbach.

As for our overseas player for next season, Adams said he was keen for us to have ''an international class spinner''. Much as Adams would like it to be Pragyan Ojha, it won't be him. Ojha wants to try and establish himself in the India Test team over the next year and so won't commit to playing English county cricket next season.

The subject of J Batty's fan club was carried forward to the next meeting. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

has to be schofield for me guildford Smile
sorry about that depressed Hug

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

Can't see Schofield being dropped unless it's a green seamer of a pitch after his 11 wickets in the last 3 matches. Good to hear that we're after a spinner, goodness knows who though!

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:has to be schofield for me guildford Smile
sorry about that depressed Hug

I'm rather wondering whether Depressed is no more. Shocked Refreshed by his time at the pool side and successive Surrey victories the cloud will finally have lifted thumbsup

I too have a feeling that Schofield will play and to be fair he would deserve to.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:58 pm

ONLY FOR THOSE WHO REMEMBER EARLY 1970s FOOTBALL

Ramps went off injured this afternoon with what appeared to be a bruised shoulder. This was caused when he was fielding at mid on; although the ball was struck fairly gently towards him, he managed to dive over it and it went for a boundary. Some (none too young) joker in the crowd called out: ''He thinks he's Gary Sprake!''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

Previous comments above (about CB40 team, not '70s football) - yeah, I agree with you. Surprised Adams mentioned Schofield.

Having confirmed that Dernbach would play, Adams emphasised that the CB40 team had been pretty much the same thoughout the season but then added that the Viscount and Schofield had ''come in at times''. [Not convinced Adams was even right there about Schofield but I'll let that go.] They were the only two he mentioned - that's why I'm sure it was a clear steer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

guildford do you think he might have meant zaffer?

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

Some (none too young) joker in the crowd called out: ''He thinks he's Gary Sprake!'' Laugh

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:34 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:guildford do you think he might have meant zaffer?

I half wondered that, JimBob - it would make more sense to me. Adams though definitely said ''Schofield'' and he's not normally one to trip over his own tongue (too eloquent, some suggest! Wink )

Corporal - glad you liked the Gary Sprake comment. Hoped you and Goochie, in particular, would! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

A few quick comments on our performance today.

Good batting from Meaker with sensible support from the Viscount.

As for the bowling, Viscount on the money from the start. Must watch his caught and bowled on Surrey tv.

Great pace and movement from Meaker. Unlucky to only get one wicket. Certainly had Sutton in a lot of trouble early on.

Ojha could also have had more than his two wickets. He certainly got bounce and turn early on. Later the ball seemed to be keeping low. Sure he'll cause more damage as the pitch wears.

Hit and miss from River. Nora toiled away for a few overs but never looked that penetrative. Hyphen seemed to keep him on an over or two too long. It was only after Salisbury spoke to Hyphen from the boundary edge that River replaced Batty and straightaway took his wicket.

All in all, a good day even with a few frustrations. It remains in our hands. If we show the necessary ability and the mental strength, we will be promoted. Maybe even tomorrow ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Some (none too young) joker in the crowd called out: ''He thinks he's Gary Sprake!'' Laugh

he he - classic! I'm sure the Corporal and Guildford will remember that when the great keeper threw one into his own net at Anfield in front of the Kop, the dj at half time played 'Careless hands'!!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

im wtaching the warwickshre vs hampshire game, and bob willis's commentary is so boring

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:53 am

Nora's mystery ball strikes! and then Borrington is stumped trying to save the follow on 190-9.................believe lads, believe!! Very Happy

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:53 am

i think surrey could well go up here, although northants popped back in front last night didnt they?

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

190ao!! Great work this morning by the spin twins Le Pew and Nora!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:57 am

cricketfan90 wrote:i think surrey could well go up here, although northants popped back in front last night didnt they?

We're ahead now - if we match what Northants do from now (win or draw) we're up! Yahoo

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:39 am

9 wickets away, River takes one!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

Hiya Goochie,

WOOOHOOO!!! Just seen the scores for the first time today surrey vs Derbyshire county championship division 2 1st cup final - Page 5 479796

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

cricketfan90 wrote:im wtaching the warwickshre vs hampshire game, and bob willis's commentary is so boring

Why don't you talk to him then.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next