The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma?

+57
Mad for Chelsea
EnglishReign
rugbyfan
Portnoy
G2
mcrjfNo7
Toadfish
whocares
The WarLord Mashaka
andy powells minder
TheGreyGhost
Breadvan
TBJ9625
Mr Bounce
BigTrevsbigmac
rumpelstiltskindoh
Boyne
eirebilly
The Great Aukster
yappysnap
englandglory4ever
Cowshot
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
damage_13
RubyGuby
Biltong
GunsGerms
jbeadlesbigrighthand
dummy_half
aucklandlaurie
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mpc28
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
tazfalklands
robbo277
Taffineastbourne
Coleman
PJHolybloke
Gatts
Meflanker
bedfordwelsh
JmD
welshy824
HammerofThunor
Gibson
alcoombe
Dr Kenneth Noisewater
nathan
dubh_linn
John Cregan
Seagultaf
doctor_grey
doctornickolas
tomathy
Standulstermen
Cymroglan
brennomac
61 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma? - Page 7 Empty Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma?

Post by brennomac Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lot of discussion on Setanta - predictably not a mention on the rose-fixated ITV - on whether Lawes should (will) be cited for his "tackle" on Ledesma, Replays show pretty clearly that Lawes lead with his knee to Ledesma's head when Ledesma was on the ground and already out of play. There was no need to tackle Ledesma never m ind lead with the knee. Given how much the Argies love the English won't be surprised if he's cited. A

And please, my English friends, before you jump up in indignation go watch the playback.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma? - Page 7 Empty Re: Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma?

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I posted this in the pub and I shall ask the same question here...

Is this funny or rude......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP9BHe0OV4

Broken blerdy Britain mate, a snot-nosed little scally like him - slapping a kid round the face.

Disgrace. furious
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma? - Page 7 Empty Re: Should Lawes be cited for knee on Ledesma?

Post by doctor_grey Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I posted this in the pub and I shall ask the same question here...

Is this funny or rude......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rP9BHe0OV4
Wow, this shows an intelligent, highly perceptive kid tyring to avoid a spoiled athlete. The kid, obviously of keen intellect tried to avoid embarrassing the aforementioned athlete by ignoring him, but also tried to ensure he did not get touched. Sadly the spoiled athlete touched the kid. Even more sadly is the team supported by the kid. So overall a truly unfortunate event.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

The kids lucky Gerrard didnt punch hum repeatedly then claim slef defencee on the grounds that his friend had already hit him so he thought he must be geting attacked.
Thats what I call "getting away with it"

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:The kids lucky Gerrard didnt punch hum repeatedly then claim slef defencee on the grounds that his friend had already hit him so he thought he must be geting attacked.
Thats what I call "getting away with it"

Hmmmmm, yep - scott free.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

AlynDavies wrote:The citing for the knee was rubbish, he was entitled to put the player into touch and couldn't do a lot to stop him momentum.

Ah yes, that word "momentum" which will entitle you to do anything really.......................

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by G2 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

Quoting Graham Henry after a certain incident

"Quite frankly I think we should let it go and move on"

Surely 7 pages is enough debate

G2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

Yeah we really should be debating why Thompson didn't get cited for trying to kiss the opposition or if lawes is a kiwi or not.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

Should be cited for sexual assault.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

We all know "dirty" when we see it!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:39 pm

Hang de basterd I say!

Who are we talking about?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:51 pm

On the Thommo smacker: He was saying, clear as day, "You are such a girl I can kiss you." Since you clearly don't get it let me explain. It's a real insult. It was taken as such in case you didn't notice. And Thommo landed the kiss, thus "proving" the opposition was a girl. It's a old as the game. Are you really unaware of this?

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:55 pm

Cowshot,
Let's have a beer in that ol trannie-bar we used frequent? Just for old-times sake. No pressure mind.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:02 am

I'll get me scrum cap, jock strap and army boots out the cupboard. Sweetie.

Run

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

Ah the gear. I love that gear. Still love you big-boy.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:23 am

Ah, the Irish!

Still seeing how far down the garden path they can lead the English after all these years...

Doncha just love the World Cup. Cool

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:27 am

Yeah man. But ye feicers will still make a RWC SF - as per.

www.wearesoophokked.com

Unless, I wear my lucky Emerald-green frock and Kidney wakes up.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:41 am

Can't get the article - is it Irish only...?

Hmf. Ireland are up and down like a whore's drawers at present. So are England. We'll have to up things a lot to get anywhere much. So will you. Both are undoubtedly capable of it...

I'm wondering if one thing you need to get far in a WC is someone BIG who says JFDI.

Woodward did it. Jonno did it and could do it (though not, I think, this time).

Can BOD do it? Declan? POC could.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:51 am

I dont know man. We are undercooked. Our only hope is waking up and clicking v Oz and running them close. No way we are good enough to beat them. But, on the back of a decent performance against them, I do believe we will beat Italy and could also beat the Saffers in the QF's. That would do me. Anything beyond that is Dreamland.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Wed 14 Sep 2011, 12:59 am

Aussies are very dangerous imo. Last year we nullified their forwards. They learned from that. Doubt it will happen again.

Y'know, all the 4 nations are close at the mo. Eng/Welsh/Irish have all lost and won to eachother recently, and Scotland are closing any gap that existed, if they can hold it together in the tight.

Ausies are dangerous; Saffers look in much the same place as us, Kiwis as usual look out of sight but are fragile.

Looks anyone's game at present. Very Happy

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:24 am

HammerofThunor wrote:The vast majority of injuries in a tackle come from them landing awkwardly not from the hit itself. For example Tiesi is out of the World Cup with knee ligament damage and Lawes didn't hit his knee.

John, I'm still not 100% about what 'Tweets' are to be honest

Gatts, Lee Byrne should be punished for ending Thom Evans' career then yes? He didn't technically do anything wrong but the effect was career ending.

Only if the tackle is reckless - rugby is a contact sport - if the tackle is high or in some way breaches one of he rules about tackling and leads to a serious injury then yes the penalty should be commensurate - end someones career with a high tackle then you get banned for life. End someone's career with a legal tackle then no, absolutely not.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:32 am

Imagine if Thommos tackle had recklessly ended up in that chaps face

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by G2 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 8:49 am

vomit .

PSW I think you should be cited for even thinking that!!

G2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7