The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER: Kevin Nash

+4
Gregers
theundisputedY2D2
sodhat
crippledtart
8 posters

Go down

SPOILER: Kevin Nash Empty SPOILER: Kevin Nash

Post by crippledtart Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

Well, I was wrong. Kevin Nash came back at the height of the hottest run in years, beat up CM Punk at Summerslam, beat up CM Punk on Raw, told Punk he looked like a waiter and needed to hit the weights, cost CM Punk a chance to be the number one contender, and beat up CM Punk again. Their match, where Punk would finally go over the legendary Nash, was mysteriously cancelled due to an undisclosed medical condition. Much like other matches over the years where Nash was supposed to put over a younger, fresher wrestler.

It seemed that Nash wasn't doing anything to put over the hottest star wrestling had seen in many years.

How wrong I was. Last night on WWE Raw, in front of an audience of millions (possibly. You can't be sure these days), Kevin Nash dropped like a fly for one punch from the hottest star the industry has seen in years: The heir apparent to Mr McMahon himself, the COO of WWE, Triple H.

I congratulate Kevin Nash for doing what he was brought in to do, using his star power to really put over the one person who can make wrestling relevant again.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

SPOILER: Kevin Nash Empty Re: SPOILER: Kevin Nash

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:16 am

Never mind, I'm sure Punk is in good hands and will be put over by Triple H without a fuss...oh, hang on....

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:41 am

I have it on good authority that RAW was watched in 842,000,000 homes last night. When you factor in that in each home there would have been 17 people sitting front of the TV then the actual viewership figures are 14,314,000,000. So even though the rating will probably come in at a 3.1, it's patently false.

As for Nash and HHH, I haven't been this excited about a pair of hungry up and comers since Eric Bischoff's MatRats show. They are the future.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

Kevin Nash = Mr Future Endeavoured?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

Kevin Nash + Triple H = Tekno Team 2000

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

The storyline is absolutely nowhere near over, Nash will have a big part to play in Triple H winning at Night of Champions, then after it will either prove to be the official HHH heel and he'll reveal it was all a plan or Triple H will act confused and re-instate Nash so that Punk will have a chance to get revenge on him and in the mean time trying to earn Punks trust

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

Gaffer, I can only point to the overwhelming historical evidence. Whenever you mix notorious backstage politicians with ambiguous storylines, there will always be promises that "you just need to let it all play out". Look at Hogan and Bischoff in TNA; they've been telling us to let it all play out for nearly two years now!

It's a short-sighted political game which is aimed at benefiting nobody but oneself. Nash and Triple H are the Hogan and Bischoff of WWE.

I hope you're right but I think it's incredibly naive to think any of this is going to help Punk. In fact, people who continue to feel Punk is going to come out of this strong are beginning to remind me of Comical Ali.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:05 pm

@gaffer

What's the point in that?

Triple h is coo,he could book any match at any time with punk. Why mess about?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:11 pm

Have to agree with Gaffer. Certainly dont think we have seen the last of Nash. Im still intrigued to see where this goes & think there is going to be a few swerves before the end of the feud.

The problem is that Punk is starting to look poor when having to interact with Nash..whilst he has his moments of humour (nicknames were a great touch) he just looks uncomfortable having to promo with the massively past it Nash!

They need something big to happen at NOC but also need a little spark next week to keep this one intriguing as I do think some of the crowd are turning off this one at the moment.

I dont even mind seeing Triple H going over in there match....BUT ONLY IF HE DOESNT GO OVER CLEANLY. And this is where my worries lye, no matter how you want to spin it if Triple H does go over clean then Im sorry but Punk is effectively buried...so it is key now more than ever that they get the end of this match up right. (Basically leave the match management & finish up to HHH & Punk..do not include the writers in any form).

As I said im intrigued to see how this plays out....

Also I dont think HHH is as bad as people are making out...of course he has had his times where he has buried people..but most of the top superstars in the industry have done it. I actually think he has a different agenda now he is beginning to fill Vince's shoes. Think he knows what is good for business and will earn some fans over the next 12-18 months

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:12 pm

Why mess about? It could be because Triple H doesn't want to appear as a bad guy to the audiance, his ego wants him to be loved and be seen as the saviour who cleaned up Vinces mess, slowly but surely Punk will out him for what he is

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Davies, I think yo severely overestimate Kevin Nash's standing within the WWE, there is no way in my mind that someone like Nash will be used in anyway shape or form other than to elevate Punk, not through great matches obviously but through the symbolism of going through a protected favourite of the office

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

Well it looks like triple h has got this in the bag.

Heel turn,then this feud will get better.

Room 101 of booking 'heel vs face'

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

I just don't see it panning out that way yet, I think it will eventually lead to face Punk going over heel Triple H clean at WrestleMania where Punk will finally win the war with the office, until then though I don't think or at least hope he wont see another one on one Punk/HHH match apart from the feul to the fire at Night of Champions

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:Well it looks like triple h has got this in the bag.

Heel turn,then this feud will get better.

Room 101 of booking 'heel vs face'

I think you've got your 101s mixed up a bit there! Although this is certainly a storyline I would put in Room 101.

Gaffer, you say they've brought Punk in specifically to put Punk over, and I've also heard that was the plan, but the evidence both past and present is overwhelmingly against that happening. This is what Nash does. He says he's going to put them over, but then something magical stops it going to plan. By the time he jobs to Punk, if that ever actually happens, it'll mean nothing anyway because of how much he'll have helped drag Punk down. It's a game that Nash has played for years. And Triple H is pretty adept at it himself.

It's crazy that a long-time fan such as yourself has not noticed that very obvious pattern in all your years of watching.

Like I said, it's almost getting embarrassing that people are still saying "wait and see".

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

I know what you mean with regards to Nash however he is broken down old man now, he'd be beyond stupid to attempt to intentionally ruin the WWE's next big star and I seriously doubt McMahon would take the risk,what I will say though is that I don't feel they have good chemistry, however I do feel that it makes sense for Nash be involved, I just wish that Shawn Michaels could have that spot instead of having some mock integrity to a Pro Wrestling retirement

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:44 pm

The one saving grace is the latest word is that having Triple H inserted into the match with CM Punk instead of Kevin Nash was a creative decision, and not due to medical reasons. I really hope that's the case.

Maybe Nash heard Punk was going to do a moonsault at NOC and made up an injury to avoid taking it?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

I can definitely see Punk nailing Triple H with the GTS at NoC and then Nash will jump the barrier and hit Punk with a Jack-knife and throw HHH's arm over Punk for the win, this will in my opinion set up Nash/Punk at Hell in a Cell with possibly Triple H as the special enforcer, with the cage locked and HHH finally bginning to earn Punk's trust it would be the perfect opportunity for HHH to turn heel and for he and Nash to torture Punk while possibly Cabana and te KoW are sat at ringside and try to get in the cage, this would then set up Survivor Series

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

Isnt there a ppv after Hell in a Cell though gaffer ?

I think the storyline should go right onto Maina in my view for a match bewteen Punk and HHH.

I recon at Night of champions there will be a beat down on Punk with Nash, HHH and maybe X Pac and maybe Scott Hall.

Im enjoying this storyline at the moment and i really hope the wwe dont screw it up

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down