The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do I need to improve my team?

+4
Derbyblue
Pr4wn
Grizzly
SuperTanker
8 posters

Go down

Where do I need to improve my team? Empty Where do I need to improve my team?

Post by SuperTanker Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

Derbyblue advised me to set up a new topic on another thread so that I could get some advice on my team... So here I am. Any advice on where I am light or need to cut dead wood etc. would be greatly appreciated as this has been my first fantasy draft. So, currently my team is as below - I think I did okay; 14 man league, and 12th in the draft?

QB Matt Schaub
RB Darren McFadden
RB Jonathon Stewart
Flex C.J. Spiller
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Wes Welker
TE Lance Kendricks
K Rob Bironas
D/ST Steelers

Bench:
QB Colt McCoy
WR Mike Williams (Seattle)
WR Mike Sims-Walker
RB Ronnie Brown
RB Justin Forsett
TE Zach Miller
K Matt Bryant

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Where do I need to improve my team? Empty Re: Where do I need to improve my team?

Post by Grizzly Mon 05 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

QB good (Schuab will be gun)
WR good
RB adequate (no standout, check schedules and rotate)
TE adequate
K good
D good (you will need to raid the FA for the bye week)

I think you're set OK OK

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Where do I need to improve my team? Empty Re: Where do I need to improve my team?

Post by Pr4wn Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm

I'd say RB is your only real hole. Stewart is number two in a committee so isn't really a viable starter. Worth holding on to, though, as Williams is always an injury risk.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

QB good as I'm guessing Schaub is starting every week he can.
RB ok, will be better if DeAngelo Williams gets injured, issue is you have 3 RB's who aren't their teams number 1, and Stewart might also see Newton taking some of his carries.
WR good, need a couple of games to see how the Rams share targets.
TE could be better but ok.
K good.
Def good.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

Get rid of your backup Kicker, quite a wasted roster spot, and fill it with any longshot WR/RB avaliable. As other have said, look to trade for a RB, your quite deep at WR so a team short there could be willing to trade a 5th/6th round RB (think Addai level) for Mike Sims Walker.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

Cheers guys - think I'm more likely to pick up a FA at this stage that get anyone to agree to trade - I've already thrown a few out there, but depth is pretty light in a 14 man league. So do you think I'd be better starting Stewart or Sims-Walker / Williams? Spiller seems like he might have got himself the starting slot for the first round.

The backup K was always ther for a potential trade - picked up Bironas in the penultimate round with a few teams yet to pick anyone up. But as I said, no one's been that keen to trade yet. I think it'll pick up once the season starts - at least I hope it will or things will get a little boring!

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

I agree 2 kickers is a waste of a spot.
14 team league, most will have one kicker only, that leaves 18 starting FA kickers you can pick up on waivers if your man gets injured or to cover bye week.

As for your receivers, you need to check the schedules every week and rotate you starters, for example you could have A Johnson but would he pick you up points against the Jets secondary ?
Don't be afraid to drop your best players, pick your team every week based on the schedule.
I'd seriously consider starting Sims-Walker most weeks though....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:11 pm

Grizzly wrote:I'd seriously consider starting Sims-Walker most weeks though....
I would say the same for most weeks except week 1 against the Eagles.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

Sims Walker could be a star this year as Bradford will be great (personally i'm hoping its Amendola who gets the targets as he is the Wes Welker type :p)

Anyway, Sims Walker is perhaps a better flex than CJ Spiller in the early weeks as he is a starter and CJ is a timeshare.

McFadden should be good, but as the others have said your weak at RB. Will need to take a punt at waiver wire guys. Maybe try getting the backup Jacksonville Runner (Deji Karim) in place of the 2nd Kicker as MJD could miss time. Could work out for one week, but is a stab in the dark really!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperTanker Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

Thanks guys - I think I'm making some inroads (at least I hope I am). Managed to trade Ronnie Brown and Zach Miller for Pierre Thomas and Tony Gonzalez. And I cut Justin Forsett for Deji Karim - though it was a toss up betwen him and Delone Carter.

I also swapped out McCoy for Kerry Collins, knowing a few teams are light at QB. Do you think anyone would take a trade of Collins and Thomas for a starting RB?

SuperTanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

'Do you think anyone would take a trade of Collins and Thomas for a starting RB?.'

Probably.
Thomas will share carries in NO and Collins it seems will be starting for first few weeks at least, and I even read a few judges today saying that if Manning isn't 100% he should write off this season and get rehabilitated properly.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

Def start sims-walker at flex
try to trade spiller or stewart to whoever owns f.jackson or deangelo
as both are injury prone so they need the back up starter as a handcuff
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

Sims-Walker was always fools gold for me, kind of in the mold of Lee Evans. Has a huge game that suckers you in to picking him up and then nothing for weeks on end. Maybe the change of scenery and Bradford will change that.

As others have said, you RBs are meh.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down