The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted

5 posters

Go down

Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted Empty Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

Welcome to the Wankhede Stadium, home of the Mumbai Indians.

Pitch Conditions = Dry with good bounce in the first innings. Will turn later on.

-----

Please post tactics below.

-----

Mumbai Indians

1) Sachin Tendulkar (c)
2) Matt Prior (wk)
3) Chateshwa Pujara
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Harpreet Singh
6) Kieron Pollard
7) Harbhajan Singh
8) Darren Sammy
9) Umar Gul
10) Lasith Malinga
11) Munaf Patel

Toss - We would bat first in order to put runs on the board. Plus the pressure of facing out seam attack will be amplified when Deccan are chasing.

Batting - We are opening up with Sachin and Prior. Sachin will look to sensibly attack through the powerplay and then bat on through for the 20 overs. Matty Prior will look to take the attack to the Deccan seam attack on a pitch where the ball should come on nicely. Pujara, Rohit and Harpreet all have great strike rates in t20 cricket. Rohit inparticular is a seriously talented T20 player, with a strike rate of over 130 and an average of over 30 he will look to disrupt the flow of Deccan's front line spinner and force Dilshan and Wagh to have to bowl a few overs. At 6 Pollard is our pinch hitter, he will look to finish the innings in style. Harbhajan, Sammy, Gul and Malinga can all swing the willow if needed.

Bowling - Harbhajan Singh will bowl the first over in order to prevent Dilshan from using the pace of the ball in the first over. Sammy and Malinga will then take over before Munaf bowls the final powerplay over. Munaf, Harbhajan and Pollard will share the middle overs (Overs 7-145) with Gul bowling the first of his fourth in the 12th over. Gul and Malinga will then bowl the final 5 overs using their sensational death overs skill. Deccan's batting line up isn't particularly long and so we think they could really struggle against our attack. If we lose the toss and bowl first then Pollard will bowl the 9th over instead of Harbhajan.

Harbhajan Singh - 4 overs (1,7,9,11)
Darren Sammy - 4 overs (2,4,8,10)
Lasith Malinga - 4 overs (3,5,17,19)
Munaf Patel - 3 overs (6,13,15)
Umar Gul - 4 overs (12,16,18,20)
Kieron Pollard - 1 over (14)

Deccan Chargers

Deccan Chargers

1)Tillkartne Dilshan(C)
2)Sunny Sohal
3)Manvinder Bisla(WK)
4)Javdev Shah
5)Chipli
6)David Miller
7)Shrikant Wagh
8)Doug Bollinger
9)Brett Lee
10)Dale Steyn
11)Imran Tahir

my team's batting is light in this game, as wanted to accomdate my bowlers for this game.
If i won the toss i would bat first.....

Bowling:

Steyn
and Lee would open both bowling 2 overs each, bollinger and dilshan
would bowl the other powerplay overs...Tahir would come on after the
powerplay, with shrikant wagh, also coming... If wagh was expensive
dilshan would return.....Lee, and steyn would bowl the final 4 overs,
bollinger would also come back on, once tahir's spell was over

not my strongest side at all, but for the conditions its effective

Last edited by Gregers on Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted Empty Re: Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:48 am

gregers cos this match is me versus u, do i need to post my team on this thread?

Back to top Go down

Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted Empty Re: Week 1 - Match 1 - Mumbai Indians vs Deccan Chargers - Both Teams Submitted

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

Yes post your team below. I'm going to announce everything on the main thread once all the matches are up.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

gregers when u posting yours, i sorting mine out now

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

Some point this afternoon I think CF

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

Deccan Chargers

1)Tillkartne Dilshan(C)
2)Sunny Sohal
3)Manvinder Bisla(WK)
4)Javdev Shah
5)Chipli
6)David Miller
7)Shrikant Wagh
8)Doug Bollinger
9)Brett Lee
10)Dale Steyn
11)Imran Tahir

my team's batting is light in this game, as wanted to accomdate my bowlers for this game.
If i won the toss i would bat first.....

Bowling:

Steyn and Lee would open both bowling 2 overs each, bollinger and dilshan would bowl the other powerplay overs...Tahir would come on after the powerplay, with shrikant wagh, also coming... If wagh was expensive dilshan would return.....Lee, and steyn would bowl the final 4 overs, bollinger would also come back on, once tahir's spell was over

not my strongest side at all, but for the conditions its effective

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

Tactics up.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

im happy that for this game i have 4 genuine bowlers, 2 all rounders, and a very good part time option in dilshan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

guys who do u think will win this game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Mumbai, sorry mate
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 05 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Wankhede Stadium. laughing

Is that the only reason you picked Mumbai Gregers?

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 05 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

JDizzle wrote:Wankhede Stadium. laughing

Is that the only reason you picked Mumbai Gregers?

It's a fantastic stadium name isn't it! Haha

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

cant wait till i get a home game, my ground will suit my squad Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:49 am

Both the batting line ups look slightly weak atm.So Sachin Tendulkar's brilliance gives alongwith Rohit and Pujara give Mumbai the edge.But if Steyn can get Sachin out early then it could be a different story.But sorry,the Deccan batting has only one international class player.Against this Mumbai attck,on this pitch,they will really struggle tbh.But if Dilshan gets going he can singlehandedly win the match.
The contests that are gonna decide the match
Sachin vs Dilshan
Harby vs Tahir
Malinga and Gul vs Steyn and Lee
Sammy vs Bollinger

boxing

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:24 pm

my batting line up is weak this game, cos felt i needed the extra bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

I look at the MI, and as with the West Indies side I wonder if Darren Sammy really has his place in that line-up. Couldn't they get four overs out of Pollard and Sharma and replace Sammy with a batsman? Still think they should have too much for DC in this one though...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

On other pitches Sammy would lose his place in favour of a batsman

I still think that on this pitch against a week DC batting line up

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

Mumbai win- Think Mumbai have the edge bowling and batting wise. Mumbai with a much stronger middle order than Deccan.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:55 pm

Liam can you vote on the voting page please! Makes it easier for me to calculate who wins etc

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

Oh..
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

it just makes it easier for me mate lol

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

Yeah it does, my bad mate

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 06 Sep 2011, 2:00 pm

Dont worry mate

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down