The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reliving Pointless Memorys

+3
Shot 21 LCFC
whatwindturbine
The Awesome Giz
7 posters

Go down

Reliving Pointless Memorys Empty Reliving Pointless Memorys

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:56 am

I'm tempted to get a wrestling dvd today, just to briefly entertain me tonight. Anyway I want to know what should be best to get out of these 3.

Very Best of WCW Nitro
The Rise and Fall of WCW
The Rise and Fall of ECW

I'm in a pointless memorys mood, but which is better if anyones seen any of these? I'm tempted with going for WCW dvd, but I heard the ECW one is actually quiet interesting, so should I go with reliving Hogan leg dropping Savage? Or find out more about the Mass Transit Incident in ECW?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Reliving Pointless Memorys Empty Re: Reliving Pointless Memorys

Post by Guest Fri 02 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

The ECW one is really good, but that may be because I am more of an ECW fan. Though the WCW one would be interesting for 96-97 nWo storylines.

There really isn't that much more to learn about the Mass Transit incident than that already on the web though.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

The ECW DVD is worth getting for Foley and Austin's promos alone. Some great interviews with Heyman too. Though I did also enjoy the best of Nitro because I hadn't seen Sting's matches with Flair and DDP before which were both fantastic.

Rise and Fall of ECW for me though OK

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

At the risk of being slaughtered by you all (especially ECW loyalists): what is the Mass Transit incident?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

You won't get slaughtered for it.

Mass transit incident was a match between New Jack/Mustafa vs dvon/ Axl Rotten but Axl couldn't perform due to a family emergency. so they needed a replacement for the match at which point eric kulas aged 17 , 5ft 10 and 350 lbs asked to take Axl's place in the match but he lied to heyman who didn't know how old he was.

towards the end New Jack/mustafa double teamed him beating him with various weapons, Kulas is believed to have asked New Jack to Blade him as he hadn't done it before.

After the incident, the Gangstas proceeded to work Kulas over even more, prompting Stephen Kulas to scream, "Ring the Flip bell. He's 17!" As medics rushed into the ring to aid Kulas, New Jack grabbed the house microphone and shouted, "I don't care if the Flip dies! He's white. I don't like white people. I don't like people from Boston. I'm the wrong nigger to Flip with."

this led to the arrest of new jack and the cancellation on the next ecw ppv which was on christmas eve but was later shown in april , New Jack was later let off as a jury acquitted Jack of all charges in the criminal trial and he was later declared not liable in the civil trial.

It's still on youtube if you want to see it.

Last edited by fernando on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:54 pm

Here is a question i have been meaning to ask (it could be considerd by some as a stupid question !)

When the ECW one hour show started on WWE were they still the real ECW fans from the old days ?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 02 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Here is a question i have been meaning to ask (it could be considerd by some as a stupid question !)

When the ECW one hour show started on WWE were they still the real ECW fans from the old days ?

When it started? Yes. They did a show at the old ECW ballroom arena with the main event of Big Show vs Batista. Both me were horrendously booed right out of the building, with chants of "BOOOORING!" "You CANT WRESTLE!" and "CHANGE THE CHANNEL" throughout the whole match. The WWE decided never to return there, which was the unofficial death of ECW.

Edit: As for the DVD, I'd go for the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD. Unless you already know about Hall. Nash and Hogan destroying the company, the go for either one of the other 2.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Fri 02 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

fernando wrote:You won't get slaughtered for it.

Mass transit incident was a match between New Jack/Mustafa vs dvon/ Axl Rotten but Axl couldn't perform due to a family emergency. so they needed a replacement for the match at which point eric kulas aged 17 , 5ft 10 and 350 lbs asked to take Axl's place in the match but he lied to heyman who didn't know how old he was.

towards the end New Jack/mustafa double teamed him beating him with various weapons, Kulas is believed to have asked New Jack to Blade him as he hadn't done it before.

After the incident, the Gangstas proceeded to work Kulas over even more, prompting Stephen Kulas to scream, "Ring the Flip bell. He's 17!" As medics rushed into the ring to aid Kulas, New Jack grabbed the house microphone and shouted, "I don't care if the Flip dies! He's white. I don't like white people. I don't like people from Boston. I'm the wrong nigger to Flip with."

this led to the arrest of new jack and the cancellation on the next ecw ppv which was on christmas eve but was later shown in april , New Jack was later let off as a jury acquitted Jack of all charges in the criminal trial and he was later declared not liable in the civil trial.

It's still on youtube if you want to see it.

Youtube footage is pretty bad - you can see the geyser of blood pumping. Scary stuff. Also as the kid was being wheeled out he was still trying to provoke the fans, Dreamer mentions it in the Rise and Fall DVD. I think I read somewhere that he died a few years later.

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Fri 02 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

Yeah Kulas died a few years back unsurprisingly of a weight problem.

The main stream media in America tryed to make ECW look awful and did alot of biased reports.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 02 Sep 2011, 4:15 pm

haha interesting question I too have been in a trip down memory lane mood recently and so I have just purchased 'the very best of WCW Monday Nitro'. I remember loving Nitro as a kid and must admit after 9 years of TNA failing to get out of the starting blocks as far as reaching its potential goes I do actually miss WCW.

I'm looking forward to getting a burst of nostalgia as I rewatch some of the classic moments that made WCW so exciting to watch back in the day. I don't miss ECW as ROH has filled that niche in the market nicely and is by far the best pure wrestling promotion in America today. However I don't think the gap left by WCW has been sufficiently filled and there is still a void imo. I really want TNA to fill that void (and sooner rather than later) but unless it improves dramatically it will never reach the peak that WCW achieved in its heyday. WCW gets a bad press for the way it went down the drain and was bought out by Vince but I think history is looking a little more kindly on WCW's legacy now. Smile

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down