The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2

+8
jimbohammers
thegooch7
jbd349
Corporalhumblebucket
SimonofSurrey
guildfordbat
Fists of Fury
jimbobgooner
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2 - Page 2 Empty surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 30 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chris Adams has named a thirteen man Surrey squad to take on Northamptonshire at Wantage Road in the LV= County Championship.
George Edwards replaces Matthew Dunn who is suffering with shin soreness in the only change to the squad that defeated Leicestershire last week at Grace Road.
The full Surrey squad to play Northamptonshire is:
Rory Hamilton-Brown (Captain)
Steven Davies (Wicket Keeper)
Mark Ramprakash
Zander de Bruyn
Tom Maynard
Jason Roy
Gareth Batty
Chris Jordan
Zafar Ansari
Tim Linley
Stuart Meaker
Pragyan Ojha
George Edwards
river should not even be in the squad in my opion
as for the last spot zaffer for me edges out (edwards) whom i'm sure guildford can tell us all about Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

lol did anyone see, the middlesex game, middlex got 495-2, strauss got a big double hundred

Back to top Go down

surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: surrey vs Northamptonshire county Championship division 2

Post by thegooch7 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:58 pm

200-4 at tea - if these two get stuck in we could get 400+, if they don't, Northants could be batting within the hour!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:07 pm

thegooch7 wrote:200-4 at tea - if these two get stuck in we could get 400+, if they don't, Northants could be batting within the hour!

Bang on, Goochie.

Churchy referred to the post lunch play as ''a fascinating session again''.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:20 pm

depressedsurreyfan wrote:Just popped in to see how we are doing... Solid start need to get a good score on the board. A win in this match may just keep any slim four day hoppes alive.

I'm off on holiday for two weeks tonight so will have to contend with checking the scores from next to the pool. I may even take this time to think of a name change Wink

A bit early but was starting to think of my player of the season the other day and surely the viscount has a great chance.

Anyway I want to see at least 350 in this first innings and also a first innings lead.

The Viscount by a country mile in my book, Depressed!

Have a cracking holiday.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:1 more wkt for Northants and that's a big tail Sad

One of the disappointments this season is that the tail has hardly ever wagged. Remember Gunther in past seasons? Meaker's batting this year has been particularly awful. When he first arrived on the scene there were hopes he might become a bowling allrounder - he scored 150 odd in a seconds match last year. This season he's averaging around 6!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:31 pm

Roy goes for a Burton as well!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

whats the score guys?

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:whats the score guys?

This is shown and regularly updated on CricInfo and the BBC cricket sites. They also list the teams.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:09 pm

Nora gone here comes our saviour river Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:19 pm

50 for the brain clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:25 pm

Brain goes to Vaas.

''Now firmly Northamptonshire's day with that wicket'' - Churchy.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:31 pm

This has been a poor effort only 1 wkt down at lunch and now our usual batting collapse Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:32 pm

Churchy reckons 400 is a first innings par score.

Meanwhile, Meaker goes for 1 to bring his season's average down even further.

Good grief!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:43 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Nora gone here comes our saviour river Rolling Eyes

Perhaps not!

River goes for 3!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:47 pm

Viscount hits Vaas for 6 over mid wicket!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

Should we now declare after that shot guildford Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Viscount hits Vaas for 6 over mid wicket!

After another boundary, Vaas bags the Viscount!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 5:55 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:1 more wkt for Northants and that's a big tail Sad

One of the disappointments this season is that the tail has hardly ever wagged. Remember Gunther in past seasons? Meaker's batting this year has been particularly awful. When he first arrived on the scene there were hopes he might become a bowling allrounder - he scored 150 odd in a seconds match last year. This season he's averaging around 6!

Sadly, point proved as our last 6 wickets after tea fall for 69 runs.

Good bowling from Vaas with others - including ex Surrey second eleven paceman Dave Burton - providing decent support. However, despite half centuries from Davies and the Brain, just not good enough batting overall. Winegums currently struggling in particular.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:05 pm

3 overs for the viscount to bowl tonight can he nick one out

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

very disappointing, but extremely predictable, 211-4 to 269 allout.............. and we won the toss!
Player of the season is going to need at least another sixfer just to keep us in this game!!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Wed 31 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

Middx 500 - 2 dec
Leics 200 - 10
I think the rest of us might as well give up.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

Yes Chris - with two banker fixtures against Leics, Middlesex were virtually assured of promotion.

Disappointing batting overall today. Maynard not doing well, and Roy seems unable to build on his starts in this form of the game. And the tail seems as limp as an elderly lettuce. At this rate I think Spriegel deserves a go in the last couple of matches.....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

roy said he got a shocker on his twitter account corporal i dont think he would be biased about it Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Wed 31 Aug 2011, 8:42 pm

Corporal, you might as well play JimBob and TheGooch for all the good it will do.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

We could do a lot worse than that..... Very Happy Jimbob and Goochie are a much feared duo - often mentioned in same breath as Lock and Laker or Hutton and Washbrook..... Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:29 pm

what was the scores at the end of the day?

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:32 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote: We could do a lot worse than that..... Very Happy Jimbob and Goochie are a much feared duo - often mentioned in same breath as Lock and Laker or Hutton and Washbrook..... Shocked

Yeah, Cyril Hutton and Len Washbrook .... Wink Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:what was the scores at the end of the day?

Cf -Surrey 269 - Northants 4 for 0. But as mentioned earlier you can easily get all the basic info - teams, scorecards, etc, etc on the cricket page of the BBC website.....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote: We could do a lot worse than that..... Very Happy Jimbob and Goochie are a much feared duo - often mentioned in same breath as Lock and Laker or Hutton and Washbrook..... Shocked
i see me and goochie as the ratcliffe and shahid duo we only play when all the others go off and play for england Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:roy said he got a shocker on his twitter account corporal i dont think he would be biased about it Wink

what a suprise lol

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:
i see me and goochie as the ratcliffe and shahid duo we only play when all the others go off and play for england Very Happy

JimBob - well, Rats and Shahid played a supporting but still significant part in our winning the County Championship so they're not a bad double act to emulate .... Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 31 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

I'm flattered to be compared to the mighty Jase, quite an underated bowler in his time.............I'd have been fuming if you compared me to River though boxing

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrotdude Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:50 am

Once again the batting lets us down. Davies did well but needed to push on, Ramps and Roy big culprits for once again getting to 30 and out, Batty etc. can't be blamed as they can't be expected to get us out of trouble. We have a big issue with our young batsman not having the commitment to score consistently big runs, Ramps said that all they talk about is strike rates, they aren't interested in averages or highest scores - all they ask him is how many balls his big scores took. Not the right attitude if they are to progress in the 4 day game. If we'd had Ramps at his best this season we would have been OK but obviously he couldn't go on like that forever!

Just a point - as much as we all love Le Roi king, I can't help but fel that if Spriegel had played all the matches he has he would have scored at least as many runs, if not more, but been slated a lot more in the process! That said, Roy is a massive talent and needs this experience in order to improve.

Carrotdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

sprigel is very underrated with bat and ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

Brain opens with Viscount and gets one, 17-1

Although it all looks academic as far as promotion this season is concerned with Middlesex impending full points win
I actually don't mind us staying in Div 2 for another season. I think we'd really struggle with our inconsistency in Div 1
I'd still like us to finish 3rd though, as we are certainly improving now, and a trophy on September 17th would further cement this!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

thegooch7 wrote:Although it all looks academic as far as promotion this season is concerned with Middlesex impending full points win
I actually don't mind us staying in Div 2 for another season. I think we'd really struggle with our inconsistency in Div 1
I'd still like us to finish 3rd though, as we are certainly improving now, and a trophy on September 17th would further cement this!

Morning Goochie - we have no chance of catching Middlesex. Our only tiny chance of promotion at the start of this game was to pip Northants. If we don't win this game - and a win looks unlikely after yesterday's poor performance - that will definitely have gone as well.

Like you, I would like us to concentrate on third place but also hope we could use our last two CC games to give a bit more opportunity and experience to at least one of Spriegel, Harinath and Clive.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

Anyone out there?

143 - 3.

A wicket apiece for the Brain, Meaker and the Viscount (98 first class career wickets, 60 this season and counting - tremendous).

Crucial period (aren't they all?) between now and tea ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:33 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!
Just been out for a couple of hours and was hoping for a lot more inroads than that!
Can't see us winning this Guildford - bet they don't collapse to 250 all out!
Newton's highest score is 113 - It's a certainty that he beats that against us isn't it?

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 01 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

'Fraid I agree, Goochie.

We just seem to be waiting for something to happen. Having got this far up the slippery pole of Division Two, Northants won't let things go now without a fight. Can't see us doing it.

Going out for a bit now. Hope I see more wickets upon my return than you did ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:02 pm

Yay! Meaker gets Hall 178-4
Come on lads let's get them for less than 300 then!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

Meaker on for a triple wicket maiden!!!

178/6.

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

Hants 319-1. Both Adams and Carberry have hit 150's Yahoo clap

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

178-6 What an over!
3 in 5 balls for Meaker!!

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

Go out more often Guildford! Very Happy

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

afternoon chaps well done guildford you took one for the team Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

and another for Meaker, five-fer for him!

179/7.

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisfromStroud Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:15 pm

There goes another one!
Slow down please.

ChrisfromStroud

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

He's on fire! Fivfer Meaker!! 179-7

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

Who was that depressing idiot who said Newton would beat his highest score against Surrey??!! Whistle

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Tibor Thu 01 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

Ojha joins in, 181/8.

Tibor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next