The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
eirebilly
Dave.
Taylorman
Pal Joey
greybeard
Adam D
Ozzy3213
Mrs Penfro
littleswannygirl
MBTGOG
Mick(TEFC)
red_stag
mickyt
PenfroPete
nottins
prop_lyd
Cari
Luckless Pedestrian
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
Biltong
Hound_of_Harrow
Notch
Glas a du
Gibson
Portnoy
WillyGilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cymroglan
33 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Lionel Nallet photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

Gary Neville will go down in history as one of the least likeable footballers ever.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by red_stag Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:29 pm

Oh I know that Notch. Bowes reaction to it was brilliant. But I'm saying that Bowe in 2007 and O'Leary in 2011 are coming from different places.

I see O'Leary ending up like Mike Blair.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

Apologies for any connfusion;

Tommy Bowe didn't make the cut in 2007, and worked himself into the ground in the following season. He was the best player in Ireland

That should be ...and worked himself into the ground. In the following season he was the best player in Ireland.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:31 pm

Perhaps TOL could go back to GAA? Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:34 pm

red_stag wrote:Oh I know that Notch. Bowes reaction to it was brilliant. But I'm saying that Bowe in 2007 and O'Leary in 2011 are coming from different places.

I see O'Leary ending up like Mike Blair.

I'd say thats fair enough. I think he may move clubs and fall off the international radar if Conor Murray lives up to his potential. Either that or he'll just be a squad player.

But the example set by Bowe is a good one. O'Leary can play for Ireland again, he just needs to completely re-evaluate his game and work incredibly hard on his weaknesses. Isaac Boss has worked his way back into the squad after a similar setback so it's not impossible for O'Leary to win a good few more caps if he reacts the right way.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:40 pm

I can see him going over to England alright if things don't take a step up for him in the next year or so.

I think it's hard to go off to UK and still stay on Ireland's Radar. Tommy Bowe has done that but when lads go to England they never seem a shoe in for Ireland.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

Geordan Murphy, Simon Easterby and Keith Wood are the only others I can really think of.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

mickyt wrote:....but when lads go to England they never seem a shoe in for Ireland.

Seems to happen to Welsh players too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:47 pm

Yeh Stag, there were all that I could think of.

but there are a few good players playing over there that if they were at a province they may have progressed in a green jersey a bit more.

Yeh Cari, it does seem to alright.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:48 pm

Stag,a lot of Tigers fans think Geordan didn't get a look in with Ireland.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

tol fan here1

whoo's missing most RWC players from heir squads? Let's talk ASM with 14 ,sivi wasn't selected
http://www.asm-rugby.com/110823-rwc.html

Is Gibbo around?

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/steve-miller-band/video/space-cowboy_1222928847.html

Last edited by Mick(TEFC) on Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Yet he has got 70 caps for Ireland has been picked for 2 World Cups (three but fore injury) and has even captained Ireland.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 2:57 pm

Yeah, Geordan Murphy never got a look in for us. Only 69 caps and counting.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

it's strange. people always feel that G. Murphy hasn't gotten a fair crack at the whip with Ireland but as the two lads show up above, he has had his chances with us and will no doubt continue to once he is at the level he is at.

That said, I think people think about certain games where people perceive it as him messing up etc and figure that it's cost him with Ireland.

But it's only really been injuries and form of Kearney that has led to him missing any games.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

And Girvan Dempsey. I think thats the crux of most people arguements that they couldn't grasp Girve the Swerve getting in ahead of him.

I think Geordan has done fine for Ireland. He'd have another 10-15 but for injury I'd say.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

It's not my opinion,I think he had bad luck with injuries and never really showed his full potential for Ireland.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:14 pm

He was looking like he could be one of the players of the tournament in 2003 until the last warm-up game versus Scotland. He was playing really well and looked like he would be first choice for us going into the Cup. I was in the crowd at Murrayfield that day; it was awful. Seeing what happened to Felix Jones on Saturday brought back a lot of memories of it.

How ironic that Geordan Murphy is now on the plane after another fullback lost the chance to make a name for himself just like he did in 2003.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

I don't know if Stand is around, seems like a missed opportunity;

http://thefrontrowunion.com/2011/08/the-errigle-–-for-all-your-rugby-needs/
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 3:31 pm

Planning on heading to Stands place anyhow. Friday 16th Ulster v Cardiff, Saturday 17th Ireland v Australia. Absolute madness will ensue. Can't wait.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:19 pm

Maybe I'll see you there thumbsup

Not on Friday like. Thats a home game.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

Tumbleweed
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:30 pm

Just made a cracking omelette.

Pardon the pun....
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:56 pm

Evening all,

So happy to be back in Chester. I really do feel like I'm home.

So any major news? How are you lot?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

Would it be bad if I told a small lie to the people who maintain the block of apartments I live in and say that I've asked everyone who lives in the building if they want a recycling bin, and that nearly all of them have said yes?

I mean I haven't asked, but we really do need a recycling facility here, especially as black bag bins are only going to be collected fortnightly from 12th September. Our bin area is going to be even more disgusting then it is right now.

And I'm fully aware that the above is a very boring post, but just thought I'd share Wink

So wish I was at Parc Y Scarlets to see the unveiling of the new jersey this evening, going to have to wait for a pic to be put up online!

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

Dreamer, I think you should go around and ask. The recycling stuff doesn't cost any extra does it?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:09 pm

Lie through your teeth Dreamer. Pretty much anyone you asked would probably say yes anyway, so as not to been seen as not caring about recycling so you'll just be saving time.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

It costs the maintenance company extra to get a recycling bin in the first place, and then they get charged a fee if wrong waste is accidently put in it. The guy I spoke to wanted a guarentee that that wouldn't happen, and not sure how I'm supposed to guarantee that!

I know I should go around and ask, but being pefrectly honest, I'm just too lazy. Maybe tomorrow....

Glad you're happy to be back in Chester though! I used to feel like that whenever I went back to Aberystwyth. Still do actually which is why I don't go back very often, it's too horrible to leave the place.

Kiwi - awesome reply, that makes me feel a lot let guilty about telling a lie now Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

Is it not law that everyone has to recycle at home nowadays?

Like it's law everyone has to get a car serviced every 10k miles? I got stopped on my way out of Belfast the other night driving people home. The fuzz used the breathalyser on me due to the rowdy nature of my passengers. No objections to that I hadn't touched a drink. However as I bade them farewell they noticed the flashing spanner sign on my display indicating I am well overdue a service. They told me to get it done asap. Don't think I've ever panicked so much in my life. Yes sir right away sir first thing on my list tomorrow morning sir.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:17 pm

As far as I'm aware the only serviceability test needed is a MOT.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

Willy - well I rang the council to ask them to provide a recycling bin (as I like you thought they had to), but they said it was the responsibility of the company that maintain the actual building.

It's a bit farcical really. I would have thought the council would make it mandatory as they keep going on about meeting recycling targets, if they don't meet them they'll get heavily fined. Yet they seem completely unconcerned that there are hundreds of flats in Cardiff that don't have recycling facilities! That adds up to a lot of people, and a heck of a lot of waste that could otherwise be recycled. Backward thinking really, but then honestly, I'm not surprised....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Red Stag will go down in history as one of the least likeable 606 V2ers ever.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees it.

I Have a trial game for Risca Athletic tomorrow and my dad told me (he's not the coach), whoever goes better for them tomorrow (at second row) plays for the firsts Saturday. I'd probably have rathered not knowing, but there you go. I don't need an incentive to play awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

also just been reading back...Cari! What's wrong with Nallet?? I couldn't even bring myself to dislike him when he scored two tries against Wales in the 6N's....

Rev - hope the trial game goes okay for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:30 pm

Sure it'll be fine. New boots for tomorrow too. Very excited.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

Thigh high

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:37 pm

No comment. People know me.

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:32 pm

Oh lordy there's a mental picture!! Shocked

Definitely need a guinness now!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:37 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:also just been reading back...Cari! What's wrong with Nallet?? I couldn't even bring myself to dislike him when he scored two tries against Wales in the 6N's....

Needs a blydi haircut!! raspberry

http://www.football365.fr/medias/85080_

Beeeeast.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:39 pm

All the best for your match rev, we've got Old Penarthians away tomorrow!! Can't blydi wait!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:45 pm

Good luck to prop and Rev for your respective matches tomorrow. Hope you both score at least one good try Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Penfro Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:09 pm

I say bring back Stevo Ok!

Mrs Penfro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

I wish I could Mrs Penfro but I wouldn't want to be accused of favouritism!

Prop - good luck for your match tomorrow.

Cari - nooo a hair cut would ruin him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:38 pm

Ladies, why go French when there is a perfectly good Irishman available?

Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:46 pm

Blonde bombshell. He's well over 6ft and instead of love handles he's got those ears to grab onto. Wouldn't kick him outa the bed.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:54 pm

Willy on your profile you have a blue arrow pointing towards the two o clock mark is that correct Erm

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

RWC 2007 on ESPN Classic now. France v England.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

Aye, you should be so lucky! (sigh)... those lugs eh?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:04 pm

Lewsey !

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:04 pm

Willy - I admit there is plenty of talent in Ireland - in my rosy-eyed view anyway. Dreamer prefers Le French Men (it's the wine and food, see....) Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

That was Floods game played well that day.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Willy on your profile you have a blue arrow pointing towards the two o clock mark is that correct Erm

Metrosexual and proud of it lad.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next