The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Favourite Football Competition

+20
A Fine Folk.
Derbyblue
Mad for Chelsea
AberdeenSteve
Liam_Main
hodge
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
David Tails
Eboue_and_co
Lufctom
Nay
User Name
GeoffSnapes
ADMIN
Samo
Legend
asdral225
Dexter Morgan
RocketAce
24 posters

Go down

Fave football

Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap11%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap5%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap9%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap0%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap32%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 14 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap5%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap20%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 9 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap2%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_lcap16%Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 44

Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Empty Whats your Favourite Football Competition

Post by RocketAce Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:04 am

Thats right, vote on your fave football competition

feel free to post and additional infomation

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Football Competition

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 am

Champions League for me, always has me on the edge of my seat when watching United

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Whats your Favourite Football Competition  Empty Re: Whats your Favourite Football Competition

Post by asdral225 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:32 am

FA Cup until the giant killing stops its always nice to see the "big boys" come unstuck
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 am

I voted Chamoions League, because we get to see all the greatest teams around Europe at once
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:48 pm

I voted other. Flip the Champions League, its all about Scottish Division 2 and you know it.

Mon the Livi, Mon the Lions.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:51 pm

im the only person to go for the world cup Shocked
The pinnacle of all footy competitions.
The worlds best players going head to head to get the greatest prize of them all.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 pm

No I went for it as well. Great to see pretty much all the best players in the world on the same stage. Last time I picked a Holland v Spain final as well prior to the tournament starting.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 pm

These were my predictions prior to the tournament which I placed on another forum at the time.

WinnerRunner Up Over Achievers Under Achievers England KO Top Scorer
Spain Holland Nigeria France Semis Higuan

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:46 pm

thanks for the votes so far thumbsup

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:47 pm

i hope you had some cash riding on that Hero.
any tips for next weekend cos im rubbish at predicting footy :606laugh:

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 am

World Cup for me. The anticipation builds up to amazing levels in the space of 4 years.
Football Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:49 am

Hero wrote:These were my predictions prior to the tournament which I placed on another forum at the time.

WinnerRunner Up Over Achievers Under Achievers England KO Top Scorer
Spain Holland Nigeria France Semis Higuan

I had:
Winners: Spain
Runner up: Argintina
Over Achivers: Serbia
Under Achivers: France
England KO: QF's
Top Scorer: Villa

But i voted Champions League, International Football is pish.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:15 am

I also went with World Cup; only time everyone in the family supports the same side and we can watch the football properly. FA Cup was a close second for my choice though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:00 pm

GeoffSnapes wrote:World Cup for me. The anticipation builds up to amazing levels in the space of 4 years.
Football Challenges

As a Scotsman there is nothing worse than 4 years of listening to the media build up Englands chances, how they are getting to final and that this golden generation of players will finally come good.

To then see them knock out in the Quarter finals as always, and then another 3 months of inquest and deciding which players were at fault.

There is a little jealousy in there as well lol, i am lucky enough to remember the last world cup scotland were in as it looks a long tme before we qualify again Sad

For me it has to be the champions league, even if my team do put 10 men behind the ball.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Lufctom Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:02 pm

World cup even though it ends up in disappointment all the time 2nd vote would be the championship because its got leeds in it Wink

Lufctom

Back to top Go down

Post by Eboue_and_co Tue May 03, 2011 3:41 am

Though its the least prestigious, The Europa League is the most open competition in my opinion and therefore brings up surprises and excitement; for example last year I watched Athletico Madrid draw 4-4 with Valencia in what was an amazing game and some of Europe's best young talent; David Silva, Juan Mata, Sergio Aguero were all on show. This year I watched Porto dismantle Villarreal 5-1 in another amazing game, where Falcao has really proven himself as a world talent and future star in one of the bigger leagues for a big team.

Eboue_and_co

https://facebook.com/he.has.a.massive.hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue May 03, 2011 3:49 am

Eboue_and_co wrote:Though its the least prestigious, The Europa League is the most open competition in my opinion and therefore brings up surprises and excitement; for example last year I watched Athletico Madrid draw 4-4 with Valencia in what was an amazing game and some of Europe's best young talent; David Silva, Juan Mata, Sergio Aguero were all on show. This year I watched Porto dismantle Villarreal 5-1 in another amazing game, where Falcao has really proven himself as a world talent and future star in one of the bigger leagues for a big team.

That game was incredible. Porto were so poor in the first half. It was like a different team came out of the dressing room for the second half.

Falcao is an unbelievable talent.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue May 03, 2011 4:15 am

I voted for other;

Heads, Flicks and Volleys is the best football competition bar none

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 03, 2011 4:50 am

I voted for the Champions League with the cash involved in club football international football has taken a hit and isn't as good as it used to be.Although the Champions League is only exciting when it reaches the knockout phases.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 am

voted Championship, hardest to call at the start of the season and nearly every team has a chance of doing well

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue May 03, 2011 1:56 pm

I went for champo league the best teams in europe all facing off its excellent.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue May 03, 2011 3:27 pm

Surprised nobody went for SPL

:run2:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Steve the problem with the SPL is the split we don't get our guranteed 3 points and nice boost to our goal difference because the Dons are bottom half. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue May 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Premier League: exciting, end-ot-end football, hard challenges. May not have the skill of the spanish league, but we don't get the embarassing play-acting "shot by a sniper" impressions quite as frequently.

Champions League would be my second choice, highest level of football in the world IMO, but too often recently marred by terrible refereeing which has had an outcome on the results (as opposed to the EPL where the best team will win over the course of a season); Barca-Arsenal, Chelsea-man u and Barca-Real spring to mind this year alone.

World Cups have been boring since 98. The last final was played between a dull (seemed to win everything 1-0, yawn), play acting Spain side (who were admittedly skillful, and deserving winners), and a Dutch team who basically kicked their way to the final. 2006 was won by Italy (nuff said) and the semi between France and Portugal was agonisingly boring. 2002 Germany somehow got to the final without ever looking like entertaining (Turkey and Korea were good fun though).
So nope, the world cup doesn't cut it anymore for me...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue May 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Premier League: exciting, end-ot-end football, hard challenges. May not have the skill of the spanish league, but we don't get the embarassing play-acting "shot by a sniper" impressions quite as frequently. laughing

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Sun May 08, 2011 2:49 pm

World Cup, the fact it's once ever 4 year's just hype's it up so much.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue May 31, 2011 4:35 am

A Fine Folk. wrote:World Cup, the fact it's once ever 4 year's just hype's it up so much.

For it to be mainly a load of rubbish. The last world cup was annoying. Couldn't even put it through by surround sound because of those stupid horns.

Nice to see those stadia in a state of disrepair and only used in small games. A brilliant FIFA decision.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:07 am

I can't quite fathom why anyone would consider voting for anything but the Champions League?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:24 am

AberdeenSteve wrote:Surprised nobody went for SPL

:run2:
I know. In what other league do you get 6-6 draws

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

For me it is the World Cup. It would be the one trophy I would want to win more than any other. Footballs true spectacle

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:36 pm

braveheart101 wrote:I know. In what other league do you get 6-6 draws

Exactly!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down