The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Football games attended

+3
The Womble
CFCNick
Good Golly I'm Olly
7 posters

Go down

Your favourite Football games attended Empty Your favourite Football games attended

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:25 am

I would like to know your favorite football games that you have attended. I will put up different categories to answer.

1. Best home game attended?
2. Best away game attended?
3. Most memorable game attended?
4. Most entertaining game attended?
5. Least entertaining game attended?
6. Worst game attended?

If you could state your team as well. Also give a little reason. I will get the ball rolling..

Last edited by Olly on Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Football games attended Empty Re: Your favourite Football games attended

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 08 Jun 2012, 8:29 am

My team is Norwich City Very Happy

1. Best home game attended? - Norwich 2-0 Man Utd - This was just amazing
2. Best away game attended? - Ipswich 1-5 Norwich - The scoreline says it all
3. Most memorable game attended? - Norwich 1-7 Colchester - The game that changed my football club for the better.
4. Most entertaining game attended? - Arsenal 3-3 Norwich - This could literally have been about 6-6!
5. Least entertaining game attended? - Stoke 1-0 Norwich - This was just awful. The goal and nothing else. Rubbish.
6. Worst game attended? - Charlton 4-2 Norwich - The day we got relegated to League 1. Just horrible all round game and day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Football games attended Empty Re: Your favourite Football games attended

Post by CFCNick Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:07 am

My club is Chelsea but I have been to over 200 Bedford Town games over the years.

1. Best home game attended
Chelsea 8-0 Wigan - great score line to clinch the title. Drogba hat trick for golden boot.

2. Best away game attended
Chippenham 1-2 Bedford Town - Southern Premier Division playoff final 2005 for promotion to Conference South. 200 mile round trip, Rene Howe, now of Torquay, put Bedford 1-0 up then in the 80th minute at 1-1 Matt Bonner on loan from Northampton won it with a 25 yard screamer.

3. Most memorable game attended
Chelsea 2-1 Blackburn - 2007 FA Cup semi at Old Trafford. Was sat 4 rows from the sideline in between the tunnel and the dugouts. Was 20 foot from the Chelsea bench and had the perfect view of Ballack's winner going into the far post. Got to shake hands with Martin Tyler per game too.

4. Most entertaining game attended
Chelsea 5-2 Wolves - 2-1 down, Lampard levelled then Hasselbaink came on and scored a hat trick on his 32nd birthday.

5. Least entertaining game attended
Chelsea 1-1 Hapoel Tel Aviv - crashed out of the UEFA Cup 2nd round 3-1 on aggregate. I remember that period as the time when people still liked us. Oh how times change.

6. Worst game attended
Banbury 3-1 Bedford - the Banbury ground was a real dive and it was raining and scrappy all 90 minutes.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri 08 Jun 2012, 12:51 pm

My team is AFC Wimbledon/Wimbledon FC

1. Best home game attended? - May 3rd 2008 Play Off Final against Staines to reach the Conference South (3rd time in play off final as well). 1-0 down with 10 minutes left. 2 goals later we were finally up! Brilliant feeling at the end.

2. Best away game attended? - January 25th 1997 Manchester United 1-1 Wimbledon. FA Cup game. 89th minute goal by Paul Scholes had 50,000 United fans celebrating. Stoppage time and Wimbledon get a free kick which Alan Kimble floats perfectly onto the head of Robbie Earle who powers his header past Schmeichel. Old Trafford fell silent except for the 2,500 or so travelling Don's fans who went wild!! Plus we won the replay 1-0.

3. Most memorable game attended? May 21st 2011 AFC Wimbledon vs Luton Town Conference Play Off Final. 0-0 (aet) Wimbledon win 4-3 on penalties and reach the football league. Memorable for obvious reasons. I wasn't even that nervous when my daughter was born last September!

4. Most entertaining game attended? 23rd February 1991 Tottenham 1-5 Wimbledon. One of my earliest games and my dad took me to WHL. We were awesome that day. I was a wide eyed 9 year old who loved every second of this game.

5. Least entertaining game attended? - Tuesday May 2nd 1995 Wimbledon 0-0 Liverpool. Peeing down with rain, re-arranged game and on a school night!!

6. Worst game attended? February 20th 1994 Wimbledon 0-3 Man Utd. FA Cup again. We were totally put in our place by a brilliant Utd team capped off by a stunning Cantona goal. Outclassed and out the cup Sad

The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 08 Jun 2012, 1:16 pm

Lincoln City FC

best home game? 2003, Lincoln 5-3 Scunthorpe. full of drama and goals in what was supposed to be a tense play-off local derby. the late great keith alexander in his first season in his second spell in charge, turned the relegation favoured, financially crippled club into a defensive and sluggish promotion chasing team filled with inexperienced, non-league players, of which most now play in higher divisions, of which 2 now have had lengthy premiership experience. (gary taylor-fletcher and gareth mccauley) from memory the scorers were weaver, mayo paul smith and a simon yeo brace. my biggest regret was that i couldnt attend the second leg as that would have sure to of been my most memorable away game. almost 10,000 at the bank that in a party atmosphere as we deservedly beat the iron.

best away game? no doubts about this. you could of had the 5-4 defeat at fulham in the league cup, our trips to cardiff in play-off finals.. but for me it was the 1-0 victory at hull's kc stadium, again in 2003. id just turned 16 i believe and what a birthday present it was in a hostile atmosphere at the kc in front of about 17,000 i think it was. we battled our way, as we did throughout that season, to victory thanks to a stuart bimson penalty. it was hulls first ever defeat at the kc stadium aswell. what a day. we were kept in the stadium afterwards. and to our suprise the squad came out to celebrate the victory with us. what a day!

most memorable game? once again, that season! the year, 2003. Lincoln 1-1 Torquay. final game of the season. for the first time i saw a sold out sincil bank. a draw would of taken us to the play-offs for the first time in my life. torquay lead 1-0 and should of been out of sight until marriott read a torquay penalty all the way. around 86 minutes had been played and we were about to miss our chance, until.. super sub simon yeo lobs the goalkeeper from 20 yards with a volley. absolutely amazing! fans are running on the pitch, and i for the first time could do nothing but cry. and so we made it, i cannot explain the atmosphere, it was unreal. you probably have no idea just what an achievement this was for our club!

most entertaining game? ill go with fulham 5-4 lincoln. league cup in 2006 i think. fulham largely played fringe players, but once again a large lincoln following saw us battle back to take the game to extra time. i remember derek asamoah causing havoc when he came on and a superb dean keates free kick

least entertaining? pfff, obviously you dont remember many of these. probably our 2-0 defeat to northampton, on our way down to the conference.

worst game? in terms of heartbraking, ill go for the play off final defeat to bournemouth in 2003. first trip to cardiff, in an unforgettable season. we went a goal down but pegged them back when top scoer ben futcher rose for a bimmo corner. could hardly believe we had scored in a final. we lost 5-2 eventually, was crushing!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:41 am

Hull City

BEST HOME GAME -
Aug 08 - Fulham 2-1.
After 21 years of watching my side struggle in the lower reaches, and 104 years for the club, came the day i never thought would happen, our 1st ever top division game. the fact we won was an added bonus.

BEST AWAY GAME
Dec 04 - Sheffield Wednesday 4-2.
After finally getting out of the bottom division the season before. Playing against a team expected to be at the top, at a ground we hadn't been to since 89, 6000 city fans watched in delight as we not only won, but out played them, this started a fantastic run that got us our 2nd succesive promotion.

MOST MEMORABLE GAME
May 08 Play off final Bristol City 1-0.
After 104 years of trying, finally got to wembley, More memorable for the occassion and celebrations than the game.

Dec 02 Darlington home 0-1.
Last ever game at Boothferry Park, a ground where i'd spent alot of saturdays from teenage years, with memories and what was home. A tear was shed when i finally left the ground.

MOST ENTERTAINING GAME
Nov 96, Fac rd1 replay, Whitby Town H 8-4 AET.
Just a wierd game, the score changed consitently, we were 4-3 down with 2 minutes to go. And Duane Darby scored 6, something i doubt i'll ever see again.

LEAST ENTERTAINING GAME
Oct 10 Sheffield United h 0-1.
It had been a bad day personally, it was cold & wet, Sheff utd scored from the only shot on target, 1 of only 3 shots all game.

WORST GAME
May 96 Bradford City h 2-3.
City were already relegated, Bradford going for the play offs. The police decided to give the Bradford fans the home end, leading to 2/3 pitch invasions, fighting amongst City fans, and City fans and the police. At the end of the game there was rioting outside the ground, a sit down protest inside the ground. This lead to a season of protesting against the board, bad management and fractured relations between the board, fans & press, that took years to fully heal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:20 pm

Crawley Town fan

1. Best home game attended?
Crawley Town 2-1 Derby County - FA Cup third round January 2011. Kris Commons punts a penalty at Michel Kuipers' legs early on, Craig McAllister gives us the lead in the first half, goes 1-1, then Sergio Torres in injury time sends everyone into delirium. Magical.

2. Best away game attended?
Luton Town 1-2 Crawley Town in our Blue Square Premier winning season. Battered for 80 minutes and 1-0 down, we turned the game on it's head sending the 150 away fans into raptures and the 6500 rabid home fans into silence. Brilliant stuff.

3. Most memorable game attended?
Manchester United 1-0 Crawley Town, FA Cup 5th round, February 2011. Manchester United hanging on against little Crawley, Matt Tubbs' overhead kick deflected over, Jamie Cook rinsing John O'Shea on the wing, Richard Brodie's header hitting the bar in injury time, very very proud and surreal moments.

4. Most entertaining game attended?
Swindon Town 2-3 Crawley Town AET, FA Cup 2nd round replay December 2011. Battered League One Swindon as a non league side but were 2-1 down at half time. Late OG got us level and won it late into extra time, Ben Smith with his 2nd of the game! A Cup run that ended at Old Trafford...

5. Least entertaining game attended?
Too many to choose from Laugh So many cold, wet, horrible 0-0's that it's impossible to select just one.

6. Worst game attended?
Crawley Town 0-2 Exeter City, in 2006 I think. Both goals deep into injury time, and they nearly got a third as well!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

1. Best home game attended? Celtic 6-2 Rangers 2000 The arrival of Martin O'Neill and the return from a broken leg for Henrik Larsson totally changed the landscape of Scottish Football

2. Best away game attended? Liverpool 0-2 Celtic 2003 the British media gave Celtic no hope of progressing after a 1-1 draw at Celtic Park in the first leg, classy display saw us through to the Semi's

3. Most memorable game attended? Boavista 0-1 Celtic 2003 the game that took Celtic to the Uefa Cup Final

4. Most entertaining game attended? Aberdeen 2-3 Celtic 1995 This game for me summed up Tommy Burns reign as Celtic boss in a nutshell, all out attack from the start, shoddy defending then getting an unexpected win from 2 down with two quality strikes from Andy Thom and John Collins

5. Least entertaining game attended? Hibs 0-0 Celtic 2009 Second last game of the season, two wins guarantees the title, Celtic barely mustered a shot at goal as the team died an ugly death as they sold the title

6. Worst game attended? Motherwell 2-1 Celtic 2005 News broke in the lead up to the game that O'Neill was likely to leave at the end of the season, Celtic won at Ibrox and almost made the title a foregone conclusion, winning 1-0 into injury time they only had to see out the last 3 minutes of the season, Scott McDonald scored two injury time goals to send the trophy and bragging rights to Govan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down